PDA

View Full Version : kung fu videos

bil jong
05-03-2001, 10:24 PM
i have been training from videos for about a year , prior i have trained in schools in other martial arts tae kwon do , karate. i have 13 choy li fut tapes from masters doc fai wong and tat mau wong , as well as the 10 bok sil lum tapes from wing lam . considering these are very well respected teachers , is it correct to say i am learning authentic kung fu. :confused:

Arhats fury
05-08-2001, 09:26 PM
the only thing i have too say is it is really hard to learn proper technique from video tape.and nothing is better than a real sifu.imo although extremley hard it is possble.i'd say your learning kung fu but it might not be that authentic. alot of sifus leave out certain parts of forms so they can identify people who have learned from tape.as for the quality of those tapes i havent seen them so i cant give my opinion.

to lead,not through intimidation or rank,but through compassion and respect,is the true mark of a wise man.

doug maverick
05-11-2001, 07:51 AM
i hate to say this but your might be doing your forms wrong they most likely are to stiff since you did karate and tkd there 99.9% chance there performed wrong i think videos are for people who study the art the video is based on the who you get and idea on what your supposed to do.

"peace be with you"