PDA

View Full Version : Oslo Taijiquan Club starting

baji-fist
02-13-2003, 05:51 AM
For those who are in Oslo, Norway, there will be a new Chen style taijiquan class starting on March 11. The class will be taught at Sport og Mosjon Health Club in Mortensrud. For interested individuals, contact Paolo Castaneda at xuangdaoguo@yahoo.com

Laughing Cow
02-13-2003, 05:53 AM
Just out of curiosity.

Which Chen TJQ is being taught there??
Liao Jia
Xin Jia
Xiao Jia
etc.

baji-fist
02-13-2003, 05:56 AM
The Chen style that will be taught is the lao jia as taught by Du Yu Ze.

Laughing Cow
02-13-2003, 06:00 AM
Originally posted by baji-fist
The Chen style that will be taught is the lao jia as taught by Du Yu Ze.

Thanks, one of my American friends will soon move to Oslo for good.

He is looking for a "Small Frame" teacher though.
I will speak to him about the place.

Cheers.

RAF
02-13-2003, 06:11 AM
Hello Baji-Fist

Nice, very nice, article you wrote (won't mention magazine's name since its in direct competition with Gene's).

Your Kungfu brother Byron has spent the last 4 days with us and its been a real pleasure.

Hope you are doing weill and don't forget about the seminars in August. Tony will travel to Alaska.

Train well.

baji-fist
02-13-2003, 06:17 AM
Glad to hear from you my friend! Thank you for your kind words in regards to the article. It has been 20 years since anything was written on Sifu Wong. A lot has happend since then so I decided to write an updated version.

I am sad to say that I will not be able to head over to Alaska this year to see Yang lao shi. I am still trying to get on my feet here in Oslo, but I may plan to pay a visit to Ohio sometime in the future with my wife. Please send my regards to Yang lao shi and keep in touch!

Kempo Guy
02-20-2003, 04:10 PM
Wondering if there's any Ba Gua in Oslo? I travel there once a year or so and would like to hook up with some people to train...

KG

baji-fist
02-21-2003, 05:00 PM
Hey Kempo Guy,

Nope, there is no bagua peeps here. Authentic wushu is very hard to find here in Oslo (if there is any at all).

bmantis
03-03-2003, 01:00 AM
Baji-fist,
Very nice article in the magazine. Very well written. Loved the pics.

"Not all who wander are lost."

baji-fist
03-04-2003, 10:39 AM
Hey Bmantis!!! How is everything with your training? Thanks for the kind words. Still haven't seen the article yet. We are like twomonths behind here- Hit me up with an email. BaldMonk and Uncle has my email address.

bmantis
03-12-2003, 11:13 PM
My training is going pretty good. Its been warm outside so I've been practicing outside motst mornings. I've been going to Monday and Wednesday classes with Sifu and Saturday morning classes with BaldMonk out in Eagle River. If I'm having a really good week, I'll hit the Friday classes at the school, too; but I haven't been for a week because of mid-terms at UAA. I just finished my Human Anatomy and Physiology mid-term. It was a b@%#@!! But I think I did pretty good. How are you doing? Did you have your wedding already? Did you find a place to train yet? Well, anyway, I'll get your e-mail from BaldMonk and write more later.

"Not all who wander are lost"

"In ward-off, roll-back, press and push,
Use purpose with every action.
Support every part of the body in motion with another part;
This way there will be no "opening" to let your opponent attack you.
If your opponent uses force against you,
Use four ounces to deflect a thousand pounds.
Lead your opponent in and allow him to lose his balance.
Yield and assert at the same time.
Do not forget to use the techniques of zou and nian."

--The Song of Push-Hands

RAF
03-14-2003, 05:22 PM
Baji-Fist:

Tony Brown has an academy in Colombus, Ohio. He also has some branches in Norway:

http://www.gung-fu.com/

On October 1st , 2002, under the organization of Sifu Tony Brown (Columbus, Ohio) and Sifu Curtis Kautzman (Regina, Canada) The Scandinavian Hung Kuen Martial Arts Association was formed.

The alliance has been formed to promote fellowship between Norway and Sweden, and its goal is to unite Scandinavia, helping the Scandinavian countries work together to preserve the art of Hung Kuen Kung Fu. Through tournaments, workshops and seminars, the countries will be able to share knowledge and friendship.

Sifu Brown lived in Norway during the 1980’s and established his first school in Porsgrunn. He now lives and operates six schools in the central Ohio area. In Norway Sifu Brown currently operates three schools in the following cities: Bergen, Grenland, and Halden. Sifu Brown’s representative in Norway is Sifu Ivar Boxaspen (Bergen, Norway).

Sifu Kautzman lives and operates schools in the central Saskatchewan area of Canada. In Sweden Sifu Kautzman currently operates seven schools in the following cities: Söderhamn, Umeå, Sundsvall, Bollnäs, Gävle, Uppsala and Örebro. His representative in Sweden is Sifu Roger Engmalm (Söderhamn, Sweden).

Both Sifu Brown & Sifu Kautzman travel to Norway & Sweden on a regular basis to teach seminars and workshops.

For more information about the alliance or any of the participating schools email:

Sifu Roger Engmalm

Sifu Ivar Boxaspen

Maybe you can hook up with these guys.

Good luck!

RAF