PDA

View Full Version : trigger finger

prana
02-13-2003, 02:22 PM
...not nearly enough rest, I have trigger finger, actually had it for over a few years, and the pain is getting worst.

Anyone got any advice other than the old "surgery" ? Does it matter if I just live with it ? Will I damage something else ?

Thanks for any advice.

Cheese Dog
02-14-2003, 12:43 AM
Okay, I'll bite. What the heck is "trigger finger"?

harry_the_monk
02-14-2003, 01:52 AM
Hopefully the other fingers are not as tense, although you must watch that the other hand doesn't go the same way ;)

Sometimes it is better without the fingers:D

Om mani peme hung

disch
02-14-2003, 07:40 PM
Prana,

I did stick my finger into ice water for 20 minutes twice a day. After about a week I was fine.

Regards,
disch

David
02-15-2003, 11:47 AM
What the heck is trigger-finger? Can I catch it?

-David

harry_the_monk
02-16-2003, 02:15 AM
Depends upon your state of mind:)

prana
02-16-2003, 03:21 AM
:D

Cheese Dog, apparently its when your tendon gets inflamed and it cannto move through the sheathing that makes the pulleys to your skeletal structures.

Basically, my finger "clicks" when I open palm and hold a fist. Sometimes, many times, especially when its cold, I cant hold a fist. But what bugs me most, is that it really hurts and I cant climn anymore...

I just wonder if it would get worst, or it wouldnt matter and I could keep going, but some medical sites suggests that some people get it so bad, they need an injection just to "reopen" their palm cause its locked.

disch :)

Ice ? Dat sounds like something I should try. Do you massage ?

Mr. Bao
02-16-2003, 07:40 AM
Go see a doctor, a professional, none of us a professional healers. Any advice here much isnt much practical use unless it is confirmed by an expert professional medicine man.

David
02-16-2003, 09:23 AM
If I had something like that I think I'd get it cast or put in a splint until it was better for fear of it getting worse. My fingers are bending/straightening all the time all day and night. That much tension on tendons that can't move must wear them badly.

-David

disch
02-16-2003, 04:19 PM
I agree with consulting a professional first.

In my case I did that and got some creams and what not, which did not help. That's when I started sticking my finger into ice water. I did not massage it, simply move it from time to time until it hurt a little and then put it back into the ice water.

Regards,
disch

Subitai
02-16-2003, 10:18 PM
Hi Prana,

I had a trigger finger on my rt thumb. I went to the doctor. Had two choices.
1) Surgery
or
2) Special steriod shot on the KNOT of the tendon. I chose #2 and in two treatments, the swelling on the tendon went down, now it's normal again.

That worked for me,

"O"

Cheese Dog
02-16-2003, 11:34 PM
Ah, I see. Sorry to learn of your problem. Definitely check with a professional. And good luck and hope you can climb again soon!