PDA

View Full Version : Mimi Chan a Master? PHTIAERFNM

woliveri
02-13-2003, 03:55 PM
I see in some magazines that labels Mimi as a Master. Is she now? Since there are others that came well before her and are called Sifu such as George, Tu, etc, how does she rate Master? When she inherits WL will she then be Grand Master?

SaMantis
02-13-2003, 04:15 PM
Mimi is a Master because her father, Grandmaster Chan, has designated her so.

Sifu=master.

Sifu Mimi will be inheriting the system. So yes, someday she will be called Grandmaster.

Why does this bother you? Were you planning to inherit the Wah Lum system?

BeiTangLang
02-13-2003, 04:30 PM
I agree SAMAntis. Like the quote from Cats & Dogs;
"You can call yourself squeeky the space dog for all I care. It don't make your be-hind a rocket-pack!"
Let people call themselves whatever they want unless you have to deal with it personaly.

yu shan
02-13-2003, 11:22 PM
What P.Chan and his first born daughter do is their business. In my 11 years with WL, I witnessed a little girl, growing up in a KF Temple, with a family that totally supported but pushed Mimi to the limits! She has been through the rigors of her fathers training ethic and life style. To me, she has a Lion`s Heart! Yet, she is as sweat as can be. Shrfu Mimi is one of the few in WL that has the respect for others. And while my training visits to Orlando were mostly met with noses in the air, She always had time to speak warmly and positive. Have to say Tu and Big Mike were gracious also. That being said, Big Mike got into trouble for helping a Shrfu? Older KF brother helping another, I question this! Anyway, I wish Mimi definite and absolute success, she has earned it!

Joe Mantis
02-14-2003, 07:09 AM
What is: PHTIAERFNM???????

The title thing seems to be in many styles and people are wanting the recognition.

If one inherits a style does that mean that they know all the techniques of the style or that imply that one can USE the techniques as well?????

The word master implies master over something. I don't think that this implies perfection rather someone has a good grasp upon the subject matter. In CMA what constitutes "a good grasp?"

Hua Lin Laoshi
02-14-2003, 07:42 AM
Ok woliveri, you got us all thinking. About Mimi being a master? No. About PHTIAERFNM !!! Don't keep us in suspense for too long.

I recommend we drop this thread and start a new one dealing with the 'Master' designation and leave Mimi and other specific people out of it. I'll post my thoughts there. Sound good to you Master woliveri? Master yu shan? Master SaMantis? :D

Double Super Master Hua Lin Laoshi

SaMantis
02-14-2003, 07:49 AM
We should also start a thread listing incredibly long and unreadable acronyms.

MBIABSWAIWIWSE!!!!

WWBBJOWDITWCOBR???

WTJSIWLBIWTF2YADSI!?!

:D

SaMantis

7th Degree Grand Poobah Super-Sifu El Hajj Al-Shabazz GrandMaster of the Stinky Badger Style

Frogman
02-14-2003, 10:32 AM
:D
I want to be the Grand Amphibian, Master of the water and the air? Oh, and sometime even mud!!

SPLAT@#!

RibHit
fm

yu shan
02-14-2003, 09:10 PM
This thread is looking very similar to those over on the "kung fu forum". As for Shrfu Mimi Chan, in time she will learn, predominately a "forms" system. Unfortunately, somewhere along the lines the fighting aspects have been lost in WL. Have heard there is a WL person in P. Chan`s era that`s got it.