PDA

View Full Version : Ching Wu WooShu???

xicaju
02-06-2001, 07:20 AM
I'm considering a school which teaches this style of shaolin. Does anyone have any info on Ching Wu WooShu ???

Thanks,
Xica

Kung Lek
02-06-2001, 07:05 PM
The Chin Wu association has been around for many years and seeks to propogate Chinese Martial Arts.

Chin Wu is also known as Ching Wu, Jing Mo, Jing Moo and Jung Mo.

There are a variety of styles taught through the association and there are many schools who carry hte Chin Wu name or one of it's various names and yet they are not actual Chin Wu athletic association members.

This is because the Chin Wu association became very famous through bruce lee movies and other chop sokey flicks that inspired people to use the name when they opened their schools.

It is primarily a western practice to disregard the actuality of the living association. So one word of advice is to make sure it is an actual Jing Mo/Chin Wu athletic asociation school with the Chin Wu ties and not some school where they have just borrowed the popular name.

peace

Kung Lek

xicaju
02-07-2001, 05:45 AM
I was really struggling to find any information on these guys...I know the info you gave me will help a bunch!

Are there any web sources I can consult to learn more about this particular association?

Thanks,
Xicaju

Kung Lek
02-07-2001, 11:11 PM
Hi.
well, there are many sites that deal with the association and that contain information about the association.

Wong Jack Man's school in california usa is a chin wu athletic association member and is one of th older chin wu schools in north america.

here is a link to another of them which will give a brief overview of the association and is as good a starting place as any.

peace

http://www.authentickungfu.com/seven_star/chinwoo/chinwu.html

here is another link to wong jack man's school
http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Garden/7611/main.html
Kung Lek

kungfuguy
02-08-2001, 05:02 PM
HI THERE GUYS IM KINDA NEW HERE BUT I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE COULD HELP ME.i HAVE BEEN STUDYING CHIN WOO KUNG FU FOR 3 YRS BUT IM FINDING IT HARD TO FIND VIDEOS ON CERTAIN FORMS.
THE ONES IMLOOKING FOR AREE
GUNG LIK KUEN(STRENGTH BUILDING FIST)
TIE CHING
NAM CHOI IF ANYONE CAN FIND ANY OTHERS SUCH AS
BAGUA DO(8 TRIAGRAMS SWORD) THE PLEASE LET ME KNOW
CHEERS.

Kung Lek
02-08-2001, 05:46 PM
Hey there kfguy.

check out this site that you are in here.
It is run by t.c media and they may very well have videos of the sets you are looking for.

Gung Lik Kuen is a very well known Sil Lum set and I think that there are probably a few examples of it available.

try the martialartsmart.com link flashing at the top of the page and then check the videos section.

panther productions may have something and as well wle.com may have the material in the video section they have from the shaolin monks.

good luck!
peace

Kung Lek

ngokfei
02-09-2001, 03:57 AM
Try checking espy video.

Sifu Shum offers quite a few of the required chin wu sets on tape.

Kung Lek Kuen
Jeet Kuen
Kwan Yeung Quan
Ng Fu Cheung

he teaches the rest at his school (bat qua do, toa kuen, tam tui, etc) but has been known to make special video tapes for sale. Don't know how much he'd charge though.

eric