PDA

View Full Version : My new gym and bulking progress

Ford Prefect
02-14-2003, 12:06 PM
Hi all,

I started working out at a new gym a couple weeks ago and I love it. It has a pool, b-ball court, nice wieght/cardio equipment, and good classes. I've been swimming 1000-2000 meters a couple times a week, as well as mixing some BWE and weight training together, and taking pilates and yoga too. (I did some spinning too in hopes of helping out my mountain biking) It's fun to have such variety in my exercise program, and ****! I never noticed how much a breast stroke works your lats!

Anyway, I'm done with the cutting phase of my bulking cycle. I started off 160 lbs on Nov 17th. I am now 188 lbs with just about all the extra flub cut off. I could probably lose another few pounds and be absolutely ripped, but I'm fine to let that happen naturally as I cycle in a more balanced schedule of weight training and cardio. My max weight during this period was 198 lbs a couple weeks ago. I'd expect that when all is said and done, I'll maintain a weight at 180+ lbs. Not bad for 3 months or so of strict dieting and weight training.

The best part of this was I just got together with an old friend I hadn't seen since college (about 4 years ago) this Tuesday. Her exact words were "Wow. You're jacked now. Weren't you skinny in college?" Haha! Being superficial is fun sometimes.

Suntzu
02-14-2003, 12:13 PM
your food bill must be ridiculous…

Ford Prefect
02-14-2003, 01:10 PM
You have no idea.

2 tubs of N-Large/month = $80+/month
1.5 tubs of protein/month = $45/month
Glutamine (all) = $30
Flaxseed oil = $30/month

That's on top of $100/week for food.

I'm happy the diet is over...

Mr. Bao
02-16-2003, 09:04 AM
Good luck with the new gym. I am glad to hear about your results. Due you I will try N large and see if it works for me. It kind of cheap for me anyways. I get deals due to my job's connections. I can it one huge tub for 30$.

morbicid
02-16-2003, 09:31 AM
ya nlarge is good shyte. i gained 5 pounds in two weeks (pretty good for me ) . **** i'm running out tho... gotta buy more soon that sux

sapphire tygre
02-18-2003, 03:08 AM
With that kind of weight increase I think you'll have to maintain all that cardio.
You didn't say how tall you were though. I'd say sit ups every day, and 185
might be the right weight limit. Of course, if your over 5'10 then, maybe a little
higher, but in any case, biking, swimming, these should balance out the
weightlifting.

CD Lee
02-19-2003, 12:02 PM
Ford,

160-198? How did you do that? When I was eating 5 meals a day, 4 glasses of milk, three helpings per meal, I could not get past 162. I was on a meal plan in college, hehe. I was bodybuilding at the time and only like 22 yrs. old. The only way I could think to gain more was drugs, which was not going to happen. Since getting older, I have gone to 220 without weights (fat), and back down to 152 (running and dieting), and now back to 193 (mix of weights, tennis, and MA workouts - good muscle, too much fat still)

I guess my question is this. Were you at 160lbs for a while before your gain, or did you weigh more, lose it, and then gain up again? If you were lean before, did you get stretch marks?