PDA

View Full Version : power pushup 2

babooon87
02-15-2003, 11:08 AM
http://www.mattfurey.com/powerpushup2.html

What do you think of the power pushup 2 , anyone tried it, is it worth it? At least, its less expensive then a bench.

sapphire tygre
02-19-2003, 06:39 PM
I personally dont see the point of it. The regular pushup is not just for building muscle, it's a cardio workout too that burns fat. Heres how to increase mass... high quantity pushups, combined with pullups. You can build your back and neck by putting your hands close together, palms inward, and dont worry about getting parralel with the ground, do these to failure, every day in the morning, right after a breakfast of non oily carbo food. Get some hardcore cardio every day to keep the fat off.

IronFist
02-20-2003, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by sapphire tygre
The regular pushup is not just for building muscle, it's a cardio workout too that burns fat.

Really? :rolleyes: ****, I gotta stop running and start doing pushups!

Heres how to increase mass... high quantity pushups, combined with pullups.

I thought you just said pushups weren't for building mass.

Get some hardcore cardio every day to keep the fat off.

So you can build muscle and burn fat at the same time?

COOL! :eek: :eek: :eek:

babooon87, if that device really does add resistance to pushups then it could be useful. The reason pushups don't work to add much strength or mass is because once you can do more than 10-15 you're not really building anything other than endurance for that movement. This is why weights are better for mass and/or strength: You can keep changing the weight until you find a weight that you can do the right amount of reps with for your desired goals.

It's like, if someone who can only do 2 pushups does pushups for a while, they will eventually build up how many they can do. They will be gaining strength, probably some size, and endurance. But once you can do a bunch of pushups you only gain endurance from them. It's akin to benching with a light weight that you can do a bunch of reps with.

Make sense?

If you're gonna use that device, just make sure it won't irritate your forearms. I tried doing some pushups with a band like that once and it kept rubbing against and burning my forearms. His stuff is so expensive. I think I saw a cheaper version in like Inside Kung Fu or some fitness magazine, with adjustable resistance, for like $30.

Good luck!

IronFist

sapphire tygre
02-20-2003, 12:52 AM
Yes, you can build mass while burning fat. muscle. fat. Two different things. The biggest lat size I've had was at a light weight. Whatever you think you know about this you've already proven your ignorance.

scotty1
02-20-2003, 01:27 AM
Uh-oh.:)

PHILBERT
02-20-2003, 09:15 AM
Yes, you can build mass while burning fat. muscle. fat. Two different things. The biggest lat size I've had was at a light weight. Whatever you think you know about this you've already proven your ignorance.

Your profile says under the biography section that you are "intellectual, nice guy", both of which you have just proven wrong.

You.
Are.
A.
Moron.

IronFist
02-20-2003, 10:00 AM
Yes, you can build mass while burning fat. muscle. fat. Two different things.

Haha. You need to read a biology book.

The biggest lat size I've had was at a light weight. Whatever you think you know about this you've already proven your ignorance.

::sniff::

IronFist

Kumkuat
02-20-2003, 10:10 AM
bah just buy those thera-bands for like 10 bucks max and do your power pushups that way. Of course, there's no fancy handles or loops you can put your hands through, but oh well. As for being able to gain muscle and lose fat, well it maybe possible if you're a beginner and is starting to work out. But generally it is impossible you ignorant twit.

babooon87
02-20-2003, 10:30 AM
thanks guys, but hey, sapphire, I didnt ask anything about cardio or fat burning, so what the heck?

IronFist
02-20-2003, 11:14 AM
Haha, you got called an ignorant twit.

Did you read a biology book yet?

IronFist

rubthebuddha
02-20-2003, 11:57 AM
sorry boys and girls, but enough is enough. keep it polite. just because someone else spouts off doesn't mean you need to return the favor, especially on something as delighftully significant as a cable training device.