PDA

View Full Version : I must be crazy!

Cheese Dog
02-15-2003, 12:24 PM
Seriously.

This morning I get up early to go to my instructors house to spar. I leave a nice, warm bed (and much nicer, and warmer girlfriend) to stand outside freezing my a$$ off scraping ice off my car's windshield JUST so I can go and get OWNED!!! While my hands were getting numb from cold I found myself thinking...

AM I NUTS?

Of course, I had a great time sparring, even got a few licks in on my instructor. (Not that he couldn't have killed me). My girlfriend makes fun of me, she claims I'm a masochist. I explain to her that no, I don't LIKE pain, I just accept it as a necessary component of MA training.

I train simply because I love it, and always will.

Why do you guys train?

Mr.Binx
02-15-2003, 12:53 PM
It's a good workout, I learn how to fight more efficiently, I'm always challenged, I never stop learning, I meet alot of cool people, and I have a blast doing it all. :)

SevenStar
02-15-2003, 02:03 PM
Nah, you're not crazy - I was up early this morning as I had a bjj class at 10. I do it because I've always done it - I can't picture myself not training.

StarBoy
02-15-2003, 02:49 PM
I train simply because I love it, and always will.

Amen to that...same here.

I was up at 8:00 this morning to get ready for the gym. Saturday is my only real day off so I do as much gym work as I can. I hate cardio most of all. It's boring and long, and most of all boring. I use an eliptical which is the only thing I can tolerate. But I still do it because I feel good after and it's part of my training.

Xebsball
02-15-2003, 05:20 PM
Ok now, heres a story for you kids.
Come sit closer to uncle Xebby to hear it

God ******, get off my lap boy!! Nasty boy, trying to get me in jail!?! I SAID SIT CLOSE, NOT on my lap!!! ****!!

Ahem... ok here goes:

Last year i slept very late, like hardly before 4am then on saturday morning i woke up at 6am then had to take a 2 hour bus to get to the city where to train, then walk another 20 mins and ride another bus for 40mins. Then when trained like 2 and half to 4 hours or something and finally made my way back home. Totally worth it dude :D Keep doin what you doin

dezhen2001
02-16-2003, 05:23 AM
xebby - u mean u go to sleep even later now? :eek:

dawood

morbicid
02-16-2003, 05:31 AM
i train so i can get all ripped lookin, so women wanna do it with me

Neurotic
02-16-2003, 07:05 PM
Yes you are nuts.

But so are the rest of us, so its okay.

- and there is nothing wrong with a little bit of masochism here and there :D

Surferdude
02-16-2003, 07:12 PM
Are you crazy enough to go into 42 degree cold water without a wetsuit at 5 am huh!!:mad:
Oh you have ok then:D

FatherDog
02-16-2003, 09:10 PM
There's currently over 30 inches of snow falling on Jersey...

I drove an hour and a half up to Elizabeth today to train, anyway. And then drove home into the teeth of the storm, at 30 mph down the turnpike and the main highways, as cars fishtailed into the curb in front of me and behind me.

Repulsive Monkey
02-17-2003, 08:40 AM
I hope you've changed your sleeping habits as not getting enough decent sleep is very detrimental for Kidney Jing and Kidney Yang, and will end up reducing/weakening your general qi levels of health. Thge worst thing any martial artist can do is weaken their Kidneys, as energy wise this will be the foundation of your arts strength. Lack od sleep and too much exercise is a classic case in TCM for bringing about pre-mature aging due to Jing deficiency.

Former castleva
02-17-2003, 08:59 AM
To not sleep is to combat your autonomic nervous system.
This may cause issues with metabolism and naturally fatigue,also the activation of certain brain areas in order to keep one up under such stress.Therefore,there may be issues with memory and damage to brain-IŽll go with temporal lobes.

morbicid
02-19-2003, 11:14 AM
i remember that when i had mild insomnia i also lost a lot of muscle and was very ill despite a good diet and excercise program

Kristoffer
02-19-2003, 12:21 PM
u wanna look good better do gym n pumpin weights, not MA

chump :D