PDA

View Full Version : How would you react?

WaDo
02-18-2003, 03:08 AM
Me and 2 of my friends were beaten up last weekend by 10 guys.
We had no chance to fight back, since they throw us to the ground from behind and kicked us. It has been in our favourite club and these guys are also nearly every weekend in there.
For me it is a clear thing that I won't go there in the next time because I don't see an opportunity to go there without getting in a fight again.
Have you been in a similar situation? Did you go back with more friends or what did you do?

Laughing Cow
02-18-2003, 03:20 AM
Haven't been in such a situation yet.

Closest were 4 Guys jumping out of a SUV to threaten me and a Buddy, after we both slapped leather they decided to leave. :D

Personally, I wouldn't go back.
Main question is of course WHY did it happen??
Things like that IME don't normally jump out of the blue sky.

cheers.

WaDo
02-18-2003, 03:33 AM
We don't like these guys and they don't like us.
Last time they had a new guy with them and he just searched the confrontation with us and we were to drunk to realize that it was just a trick to give a cause to the other guys. He told us some bad things about our mothers and than he hit one of my friends with his head. My friend gave him a straight blow that knocked him out but in the same time the others came from behind and threw
us to ground.

Laughing Cow
02-18-2003, 05:09 AM
If you knew that there were bad feelings between their group and yours and you went back.

Thank I can only say you asked for it by getting wasted in front of them.

You Guys created a bad situation and got hurt, learn from it and avoid it the next time.

Cheers.

Losttrak
02-18-2003, 09:54 AM
Man, when something always happened when I used to go out to clubs back in the day. Its like my presence causes the evil in peeps to come out. I eventually started going to tamer places so I wouldnt have to deal with such testosterone levels. Its like playing Roulette in situations like that... Is the girl you're talking to being eyed by some psycho bastage who now wants to bash your face in? In time I just didnt feel like dealing with that shiyyyitt anymore. Plus, I realized that most of the women werent worth it unless you are looking for a easy lay. Fakkin meat markets... Someone needs to put some chlorine in that gene cesspool.

LEGEND
02-18-2003, 05:10 PM
I never got beaten up due to the fact I had numerical superiority! Also I use to hang with unsavory asian mafia like characters. So once the word got out who they were "F" with...kinda back down. I suggest staying clear of the club or coming to the club with more firepower=fight/death. Up to you...but I go to the clubs to dance more or less.

Budokan
02-19-2003, 05:24 PM
One of the first lessons of MA is to know when and how to avoid a fight.

And, no, we're not going to grade you on a curve.:D

Laughing Cow
02-19-2003, 05:26 PM
Wado.

What style you been training for the last 4yrs, your profile does not mention it.

WaDo
02-20-2003, 06:27 AM
It's no problem to tell yot but why it is important to you?

Laughing Cow
02-20-2003, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by WaDo
It's no problem to tell yot but why it is important to you?

Just curious.

Former castleva
02-20-2003, 09:29 AM
Wado-ryu?

May not be a good idea to go back there.
Where you will ever go,try to stay aware.
Being drunk is a bad thing since it may attract the attention of those looking for an easy prey.

Great Sage
02-20-2003, 11:05 AM
Here's my story from another thread.

Kansas City, KS — South Mill Road projects in late August 2002

I was in Kansas visiting a Cousin. He had not come home from work yet, so his kids and I were tossing a football on their front lawn. It was then that I noticed two guys fast approaching. The older guy looked about my age, in his 20’s, and came right up to me. He said that the football belonged to his younger brother who was also present. I quickly justified that it must be a mistake, but the guy insisted that my cousin’s children had stolen it. I thought the situation was pretty ludicrous, afterall, we were arguing over a football. Needless to say, my blood was starting to boil as well. I told the guy that I wasn’t going to have this conversation and motioned for the children to go inside. Suddenly, the guy tackled me, but I twisted and pushed him away while getting scratched across the neck. Then the punk tried to box me from a safe distance, but I feinted a jab and threw a stepping side kick which landed on the guys arms as he folded them to protect his chest. I felt like I should have rushed him, but I decided to play it safe since he became hesitant. I threw a few low kicks to get his attention, then rushed forward with a straight lead which caught his ear as he turned away followed by a hard roundhouse kick which landed on his side and back. A loud voice caught my attention as I noticed that the other guy had returned with an older guy. The old guy came running while cussing like no tomorrow. He kept his distance but told me that he had just gotten out of prison. I was thinking, “is supposed to prevoke fear?” Then he darted towards me throwing wild punches. I jammed him with a stop kick and threw a wild left cross into his flinging arms. I caught one in the lip and forehead during the exchange. My legs left me as the first guy tackled me from the side. The old guy continuously kicked me as I was fighting off the younger guy. I managed to get on one knee, got up and clinched the old guy because he was standing, moved to his back and swung him into the house. I started chasing the other guy around... when suddenly, the old guy got up and apologized. He said he wanted me to teach him “karate.” I didn’t say anything, just went indoors to ice my lip and recover. The whole time, my cousin’s wife and kids were just watching... they told me afterwards, it looked very funny.

greendragon
02-22-2003, 06:32 PM
You should of had them arrested by the police OR next time don't dis-advantage yourself by drinking. By all means DO NOT go back with nunchuks and lay them all out, they will call the police.

Matrix
02-22-2003, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by WaDo
he just searched the confrontation with us and we were to drunk to realize that it was just a trick to give a cause to the other guys. He told us some bad things about our mothers and than he hit one of my friends with his head. First of all, why were you so drunk? Get a grip on yourself or be prepared to have your butt handed to you.

So, they said things about your mothers. So what? Control yourself. Self-control is as important as any technical skills that you may have.

Finally, you have hopefully learned some lessons from this. Think of it as a gift. You have lived to fight another day.

Matrix

HuangKaiVun
02-27-2003, 03:07 PM
No, go back in.

If they want to fight, call the police on them and let them handle it. You shouldn't have to be afraid of going to clubs because of physical violence.

The way to BEAT these guys isn't by fighting physically. It's by keeping your cool and going about your life - and letting the guards at the club do their job for you. But don't get drunk and don't let anybody harass you.

Meanwhile, prepare yourself for the worst possible encounter. Don't go back in until you are READY.