PDA

View Full Version : Bob Breen Academy in London

pseudoswitch
02-18-2003, 03:43 AM
Hi i was just wondering if anyone here has some experience of training at the Bob Breen Academy in London? I would just like to get some feedback on quality of instruction as well as opinions on pricing and facilities.

Cheers,

pseudo

bougeac
02-21-2003, 04:02 AM
hi, i trained at bobby breen's place a couple of years ago, attended jun fan classes and did some privates also :

ALL of the instructors are excellent, mr breen is AWESOME, his knowledge of jkd/jun fan is very deep and if you have the chance to train at the academy (especially for a long period) do it.

i cant remember the cost of the classes or private tuition but it was very reasonable.

oh and by the way, the instructors and students were all friendly, the atmosphere down there is great and egos are left firmly outside...

im not on commission by the way!!, i am a wing chun student and have no connection with the academy other than the fact ive trained there (i also attended a 2 day dan inosanto seminar that the academy organised, which was an experience in itself).

good luck with your training

pseudoswitch
02-21-2003, 04:34 AM
Thanks bougeac!!! :)

You've pretty much confirmed what i had presumed about the academy, i have to say i'm really quite enthused about the prospect of studying there.

I'm also studying Wing Chun at the moment but i'm very curious about Jun Fan/JKD/Kali and think i'll definately have to satisfy my curiousity sometime soon! hehe

Where do you study Wing Chun? How long have you been doing it and how did you find the transition from Wing Chun to Jun Fan?

Cheers,

pseudo

NPMantis
05-21-2003, 04:37 AM
You could always try this one in North London, Bob Breen's school has always seemed very expensive to me :

http://sfuk.tripod.com/clubs/junfan_london.html
www.zyworld.com/mwright