PDA

View Full Version : Rene's IKF article.

yuanfen
02-18-2003, 01:32 PM
Good job on Sum Nun...must have been written before his passing.

reneritchie
02-18-2003, 01:44 PM
Hi Joy,

Thanks for the kind words. It was originally written for the 2nd Wing Chun special (2 or 3 years ago?) but due to the length (roughly double the version now printed) they bumped it to IKF, which then bumped it to a later date when they decided to include more advertising in the issue in question.

Rgds,

desertwingchun2
02-18-2003, 02:44 PM
Which edition was this article in? I was looking at an IKF magazine today but didn't see any WCK articles? Any help?
-David

yuanfen
02-18-2003, 02:53 PM
The issue has a female martial artist on the cover doing a solo pose of some sort. It should be the current one at Barnes and Noble, Borders etc. The article hasa picture of Sum Nun on the left side with some demos by Rene and Anthony in the following pages. The issue also has a "last" interview with the late Brendan Lai of San francisco and Northern mantis and major MA supply store owner. Pretty varied set of articles in there from different styles. A good issue.

desertwingchun2
02-18-2003, 03:02 PM
Thanks for the help. The one I was looking at had a different cover.
-David

sagasa
02-18-2003, 08:08 PM
Rene, congratulations on your recent article about the late grandmaster Sum Nun. Hopefully it will assist in the promotion of his lineage. I had some photos of grandmaster Sum Nun sent to me a few years back by one of my former teachers. If you are interested, please contact me.

black and blue
02-19-2003, 03:08 AM
Is there any chance of posting a link (if there is one) to this article?

Or perhaps you could post the text up on this thread. I would very much like to read it.

Many thanks

reneritchie
02-19-2003, 09:02 AM
desertwingchun2 - I assume by your screen name you're not in the frozen north like I am. It took a while to penetrate the Canadian borders, but we have the issue here now. This probably means you've already moved on to the newer one, which has Hung Li on purple backdrop on the cover. This is the one in which the article on my Sigung appears: http://www.wingchunkuen.com/archives/ikf_03_03_cover.gif

Duncan - As soon as the issue is off the stands here, I will post the article on my website in full, perhaps even the original, longer version, or something of the like.

sagasa - Thank you very much! I'm always interested. Please shoot me an email at info@wingchunkuen.com. Perhaps we can get them online where everyone in the family can treasure them.

black and blue
02-19-2003, 09:11 AM
Great - Looking forward to it, and sagasa's pics too if they're made public.

:)

desertwingchun2
02-19-2003, 02:52 PM
Rene - I think your right. The cover was different. And there were a lot of articles on southern hands but, no Wing Chun. Hopefully I'll be able to find an old copy somewhere.

Gene - If your reading this thread I buy every issue of Kung Fu Qi gong Magazine. And I have the DVD set of the 10th Anniversery celebrations. Only interested in IKF for Rene's article.

-David

yuanfen
02-19-2003, 04:12 PM
Quote-Gene - If your reading this thread I buy every issue of Kung Fu Qi gong Magazine. And I have the DVD set of the 10th Anniversery celebrations. Only interested in IKF for Rene's article
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kow tow?

desertwingchun2
02-19-2003, 07:56 PM
more like tongue in cheek or something like that ....
-David