PDA

View Full Version : Zhengzhou or Wuhan?

Souljah
02-19-2003, 10:42 AM
Can someone help me weigh the two up....?

anyone whos been to either can you give me any 'good points' and 'bad points' to help me and my friend decide which one to stay in...we'll only bein china for 3 weeks so we cant really do both. (hong kong => ________ => Beijing - is the intended trip)
Thanks for any help

greg

Souljah
02-19-2003, 06:48 PM
so no1s been to either of these places?

dezhen2001
02-19-2003, 06:50 PM
dunno where Wuhan is but i know Shaolin temple is around 2 hours west of zhengzhou... depending on driver :p

dawood

Souljah
02-20-2003, 01:38 AM
Yea I was hoping someone would tell me where it was close to.....thinking of doing some training there for perhaps a week (my other friend has done it b4 and said its quite decent).
Wuhan is about 500km or so south-southeast of zhengzhou.

Hoping to go to mount wudang too so would like a spot reasonably close to the two....anyone know the nearest town to the shaolin temple?

firepalm
02-20-2003, 03:08 AM
Zhengzhou is much more famous for CMA, if I had to choose I would do Zhengzhou. Although I've not been to either Wuhan or Zhengzhou I have had many friends that have been to one or the other & I here more positive in terms of martial arts regarding Zhengzhou, lots of traditional history there.

Souljah
02-20-2003, 03:48 AM
aight thanks alot :D :D :)

dezhen2001
02-20-2003, 10:47 AM
the nearest town to shaolin temple as far as i know is deng feng... as the shaolin "village" is probably still being destroyed :)

as for wudang... check out www.russbo.com and see what doc says as hes been there :)

dawood

dezhen2001
02-20-2003, 04:44 PM
wondered when u would show up buddy :)
hope all is well with you!

dawood

TaoBoy
02-20-2003, 07:31 PM
Can't comment on Wuhan but Zhengzhou is great. The train station is enormous. And the markets just near it are worth a look. Song Shan is about two hours by bus. It's a pretty cool drive. The train from Beijing is an overnighter. Good fun. Go to Zhengzhou it's worth it.

Souljah
02-21-2003, 03:28 AM
Have your friend contact me I know everything about travelling in Wudang and Songshan
I'm glad to get a decent amount of feedback on this, thanks guys.

Do you guys think its possible to go in via hong kong and leave via beijing (flights) for a reasonable price.....it just I dont really want the hassle of travelling all the way up to beijing then having to come back to hong kong just to fly out.....

GeneChing
02-21-2003, 10:16 AM
Here's a e-zine piece (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/ezine/article.php?article=5) I did on both Shaolin and Wudang, for your reference.

Souljah
02-21-2003, 01:10 PM
Stumblefist....thanks for the reccomendation and IWILL DEFINATELY take it into consideration. But the reason I dont want to do loads of travelling this first time is because I/we want to be able to get to know the cities....thats y the general plan is a week in each... trying to take it easy this time around
Also, we're both on a tight budget.
And we'd rather stay in the major cities on the first visit if possible.
But still what u mentioned sounds good, And i'll see if I can get a rough estimate on how much these journeys will cost from my teacher and others..
I'm gonna try 'student flights' but i really doubt we could do the into hong kong and outof beijing journey this way...

greg