PDA

View Full Version : Blair G10 "Vampire Slayer" Self-Defense Tool

Sharp Phil
02-19-2003, 12:50 PM
Every wonder if G10 is effective on vampires? Take a look at this review (http://www.philelmore.com/martial/vampire.htm) of Eric Blair's G10 "Vampire Slayer" prototype.

http://www.philelmore.com/images/vampire.JPG

Aslan
02-19-2003, 01:00 PM
G10 - it's not just for circuit boards any more.

I have mixed feelings about weapons that appear to be designed to defeat security systems like those at airports.

G10 is non-metallic and is probably radiologically invisible. (Though I don't know about the transparency for sure.)

On one hand it's got the cool factor going for it.
On the other, I prefer a good steel blade .

Just my .02

:D

Sharp Phil
02-19-2003, 01:51 PM
This one's just the prototype -- Blair will be manufacturing them in titanium, he says.

dnc101
02-20-2003, 07:42 AM
Phil,

What is the purpose of the notch in theblade near the tip? It seems to me that this would significantly weaken the blade.

Sharp Phil
02-20-2003, 08:24 AM
I assume it is intended to produce ripping damage on the withdrawal.

dnc101
02-20-2003, 10:03 AM
I assume it is intended to produce ripping damage on the withdrawal.

Possibly. But it isn't shaped like a gut hook. The problem I see with it is that if you tried to slip it past a bony structure like his ribs, you'd possibly break off the point before doing any real dammage. Not a good charachteristic in a fighting knife.

MAybe it was intended to be marketed to terrorists?:cool:

Sharp Phil
02-20-2003, 11:18 AM
The G10 is very strong -- I doubt it would be a problem. Though I'll let you know if I do manage to break it off in anyone's ribs. ;)

Liokault
03-01-2003, 11:35 AM
I hate it when my combat knife breaks off in a guys ribs before they are good and dead......makes me real mad so i reach for my utility/general perpouse killing ax and flay the dude into a pulp.

Then i drink me a Bud ....run my hand though my mullet and ride off into the sunset in my truck.

Sharp Phil
03-01-2003, 05:12 PM
I talked to the maker of the metal versions of this prototype and he mentioned that the notch will be a sharp scallop on the titanium versions. Good stuff.

Killerbee
03-09-2003, 03:14 AM
Why would that thing be better than a normal knife?

Sharp Phil
03-09-2003, 04:58 AM
It's lighter and has no metal. Though to be fair it wasn't designed to be "better" than a metal knife; it is a prototype of the metal version.

If you mean, why would a stabbing implement of this type be better than a flat cutting blade, it is considerably stronger than a flat blade of the same length and makes a much bigger hole.

guohuen
03-09-2003, 10:43 AM
No finger guard. Not a real stabbing weapon. Pretty wall hanger.

Sharp Phil
03-09-2003, 11:25 AM
A "finger guard" is only truly necessary if the knife has an edge that can cut you. It's purpose is to prevent your hand from slipping down onto the edge, after all. Also, there are certain practices, like "capping" and "palming," that are used for implements without guards.