PDA

View Full Version : Yip Man Movie

Nat from UK
02-20-2003, 06:22 AM
There was a lot of exitement about 6 months ago about the possibility of a movie being made about Yip Man.

Any body got any updated information. - i still havn't had my call from the casting director ??:(

Nat from UK

pseudoswitch
02-20-2003, 06:47 AM
that would be so cool :)

If it is made it would be a Hong Kong/Mainland production i presume?

Phil Redmond
02-20-2003, 06:54 AM
There is talk of a movie on the early HK years of William Cheung and Bruce Lee though. It was announced on an Australian TV show.

R Clausnitzer
02-20-2003, 07:42 AM
Hi, Nat

My understanding is that there were plans to make a movie on GM Yip Man some years ago, starring Asian superstar Steven Chow Sing Chi, with his former teacher Wong Shun Leung as technical advisor, not long before WSL's untimely death.

In recent months, however, there has been talk of resuming this project, with the much acclaimed Wong Kar Wai directing Tony Leung in the starring role. Yip Chun is reportedly the technical advisor

http://estraven.silverday.net/lee/bruce/news/main.html

Regards.

Rolf Clausnitzer

datou
02-20-2003, 07:37 PM
I found some info on the net about this movie. It's called
"Grandmaster" in English and the Chinese title is "Yat Doi Jung Si" which means roughly translated "grandmaster of a generation"

Last I heard the movie was still in production. Tony Leung was learning wing chun from Yip Chun as well as obstaining from sex during the months that the film is in production.

Soon I will go to the NY Chinatown soon to see if anyone has heard of it yet.

shaun
02-21-2003, 03:45 AM
why the abstinence from sex?

pseudoswitch
02-21-2003, 04:09 AM
Because the movie has a tight budget :D