PDA

View Full Version : What to do?

Diamond Dragon
02-21-2003, 08:32 AM
I want to do a MA style but I don't know wich one. When i was young I did judo and teakwondo each about a year or so. Can you explain some Kung Fu styles to me so I can make a better descision?

Water Dragon
02-21-2003, 08:35 AM
The secret to finding a good Kung Fu style is to find a good Kung Fu teacher and learn whatever it is he's teaching. Where do you live? Maybe recommendations can be made.

SevenStar
02-21-2003, 09:25 AM
What all is in your area?

SaMantis
02-21-2003, 10:00 AM
Ditto Water Dragon.

If you're lucky enough to have several good kungfu masters in your area, check all of them out. Sit in on a class, ask questions about the style. Compare everything you've observed and choose the style that most interests you.

If you're lucky enough to have just one good kungfu master, do the same thing and compare his school to other styles around town (TKD, judo, Chung Moo Doe, whatever).

Either way, you'll be able to make an informed choice and will feel much more confident about the style you choose.

Diamond Dragon
02-22-2003, 12:42 PM
thnx for the advice guys

Former castleva
02-22-2003, 02:06 PM
Additionally,clear your mind and ask what you are honestly looking for.

Diamond Dragon
02-22-2003, 02:58 PM
I want to do a Kung Fu style because it interests me but I also need it for self defence because i often land in situations like robbery's and me and my friends being threatened by a large group. So I'm wondering if I should choose an aggresive style like Wing Chun or a more defensive style? Can someone tell me some more styles and what their based on?

carly
02-22-2003, 02:59 PM
what schools are available in your area.

Sho
02-22-2003, 03:13 PM
Choy Lay Fut has excellent bagua applications to confuse a group of baddies. :D

SevenStar
02-22-2003, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Diamond Dragon
I want to do a Kung Fu style because it interests me but I also need it for self defence because i often land in situations like robbery's and me and my friends being threatened by a large group. So I'm wondering if I should choose an aggresive style like Wing Chun or a more defensive style? Can someone tell me some more styles and what their based on?

Why are you always ending up in those situations? I know it can happen - I always end up in them, but not due to anything I'm doing wrong. I just tend to end up in places where it seems I'm needed.

If you are in those situations on your own accord - your first step may be a lifestyle change. If you just end up in the wrong place at the wrong time, don't just assume MA is what you need. Yes, it can help, but in those situations, common sense may prove to be a better friend.

Royal Dragon
02-22-2003, 03:29 PM
need it for self defence because i often land in situations like robbery's and me and my friends being threatened by a large group

Reply]
You wouldn't be in Law enforcment would you?? And your freinds are part of your unit?

carly
02-22-2003, 03:31 PM
a TROLL!!!!!!

Diamond Dragon
02-22-2003, 03:45 PM
in our neighbourhood there are alot of criminals who get off on beating your brains out and taking your money so I want to learn some moves to kick their ass and take THEIR money but there are only wing chun school around here so i think I'll do that

Former castleva
02-22-2003, 05:31 PM
I see.
I will not be posting too much on what style/school to do and so on and I do not know what your situation is but if you are interested in self-protection,you must know that there is more to that.
This may not sound appealing,but your best step is often that out of martial art relation,even including your financial situation etc.
So if anyway possible,change the scene.

Besides,I hope things will work out,regarding-

Lowlynobody
02-22-2003, 05:36 PM
If you want aggressive try a Hakka system. Just from my experience.

Kristoffer
02-23-2003, 11:41 AM
Buy a gun