PDA

View Full Version : Sign here please

old jong
02-21-2003, 01:12 PM
I agree that ground fighting is good and should be an additive to any traditional arts.

Trolling is now futile.

X.......................;)

Chang Style Novice
02-21-2003, 01:16 PM
Can I borrow a pen? Oh, never mind (bites finger, drawing blood.)

Chang Style Novice aka Austin Swinburn

Sho
02-21-2003, 01:18 PM
Sho

ShaolinTiger00
02-21-2003, 01:29 PM
Can we make an addendum to drop the traditional arts and get better striking training? :D

dezhen2001
02-21-2003, 01:32 PM
dawood :D

old jong
02-21-2003, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by ShaolinTiger00
Can we make an addendum to drop the traditional arts and get better striking training? :D

.....One evening a guy came to my little school to watch a class. He claimed to be a trained boxer and that the way I was punching was all wrong.He told that he could take punches like that without flinching.I walked to him and throwed three punches at his face and he did not have the times to even raise one hand.I then told him that I did'nt doubt his punching power but,since he doubted mine he should allow me to punch him only once on the nose and if he was not dead,I would agree with him all the way.He became more friendly suddenly and left.
As I said in the past: Shut up Rolls!

Losttrak
02-21-2003, 01:52 PM
*Jason C*

KC Elbows
02-21-2003, 01:54 PM
I wouldn't say it should be an additive to any traditional art. After all, everyone knows that hsing yi steals the mantis fighter's lunch money, so why add ground fighting to mantis? After all, by the time the "mantis/ground fighting stylist" is on the ground, the hsing yi fighter is already buying soy burgers and those little peanut butter squares.

We won't even start on Ywving Tschun(g) stylists. Giving one of those guys a good ground fighting system is like giving a Lamborghini to a quadrapelegic.

Trolling is now fertile.:D

ShaolinTiger00
02-21-2003, 01:56 PM
As I said in the past: Shut up Rolls!

And you're still wrong.

He wasn't a boxer. No self respecting boxer would bother to watch some kungfu guys punching air. ;)

dezhen2001
02-21-2003, 02:01 PM
Ywving Tschun(g) wow - i never heard of this skill before :eek: sounds like a great style ;)

dawood

old jong
02-21-2003, 02:05 PM
Who cares what he was really. Many peoples are not what they claim to be. Eh?...

X..................

BTW, your last post says a lot st00.

dezhen2001
02-21-2003, 02:09 PM
OJ: its been a while since i saw you posting on kfo so much, good to have you back :D

dawood

Former castleva
02-21-2003, 02:11 PM
If you donīt have it,and you want and need it-take it.If youīve got it,donīt try to fix what is not even broken.

No educated psychologist laughs at Freud just because he lived in the old days and is dead by now.
A lot of stuff does still hold water,some may be questioned.
What was done,was revolutionary for the time and created a new basis.
If I manage to raise a great tree,with itīs highest branches cutting the sky I may look down at itīs roots and laugh remembering how small it used to be by the time I planted it.
Knowing how big it has grown,I could raise my axe and chop it by the root.
Having done this,"all of the above" would fall and possibly over my head.

Oso
02-21-2003, 02:22 PM
I agree that ground fighting is good and should be an additive to any traditional arts.

agreed, Matt Melton

Can we make an addendum to drop the traditional arts and get better striking training?

stinkin' lobbyists :)

Nice attempt OJ, but this will just become another mma vs. tma
thread.

old jong
02-21-2003, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by dezhen2001
OJ: its been a while since i saw you posting on kfo so much, good to have you back :D

dawood
Thanks!... I was a little too busy for some times. I see that the endless pueril debates are still on. There is no reasons....I like judo/BJJ/Grappling! I don't need to be convinced.these things are good. I practice regulary with a judo 4th grade BB in ground work and enjoy it a lot!...It does not mean that my Wing Chun is less important to me at all. I respect other people choices and motives and would like to see more positive things and less style bashing like our friend st00/rolls like to do so much.

dezhen2001
02-21-2003, 02:33 PM
agreed!

there are enough skills for everyone and they can all be good if trained well... not everyone wants to become a 'complete fighter' (TM) or even compete. Not everyone likes striking or grappling.

i also agree - all this trolling crap is getting a bit silly, its like banging your head against a brick wall... why bother even posting like that? it wont change our own minds, just like us talking about kung fu wont change theirs. but i do hope they get a kick out of making others get ****ed off and it serves their ego in some way.

:)
dawood

KC Elbows
02-21-2003, 03:16 PM
wow - i never heard of this skill before :eek: sounds like a great style ;)

dawood

Dez, that is the politically correct spelling. Any other spelling leads to lineage wars. Germany has seen enough horror.

old jong
02-21-2003, 04:47 PM
Sign now for a forum free of style bashing.

Right here X.......................................
;)

FatherDog
02-22-2003, 12:24 AM
i also agree - all this trolling crap is getting a bit silly, its like banging your head against a brick wall...

Don't you do that every day as part of your training though, dez?

That's it! The Trollers are practicing Iron Brain Chi Kung!

:D

SevenStar
02-22-2003, 12:53 AM
trolls have brains?

dezhen2001
02-22-2003, 03:51 AM
fatherdog: i dont come to KFO to train! :D

i was meaning the trolls are banging their heads - ranting like that isnt gonna make any of us change our minds... just make us think they are jerks.

dawood

sapphire tygre
02-22-2003, 05:04 AM
eagle claw vs. mantis Of course grappling should be added to every style. Throwing stars should also be allowed in Muay Tai.
I Chuan vs. Gracie