PDA

View Full Version : The fight's about to start

SevenStar
02-22-2003, 08:22 PM
Any predictions? I say Tyson in 6.

rogue
02-22-2003, 08:31 PM
No prediction here, just the exact time for Tyson (http://www.tyson.com/chicken/recipes/viewRecipe.asp?recipeid=1367)

SevenStar
02-22-2003, 08:50 PM
IT'S OVER!!!!!!!!!

SevenStar
02-22-2003, 08:51 PM
1st round KO - I think the old Iron Mike is back!

SevenStar
02-22-2003, 08:52 PM
49 seconds. Good sportsmanship too - he helped Etienne up after the bell was sounded.

He "tatooed" him pretty good :p

rogue
02-22-2003, 08:53 PM
I think the old Iron Mike is back! Did he beat up Robin Givens after the fight?:eek:

SevenStar
02-22-2003, 08:59 PM
Etienne is experiencing good old fashioned southern disrespect right now. My fellow townspeople are trashtalking etienne - you can see etienne yelling at people in the stands on his way out of the arena.

SevenStar
02-22-2003, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by rogue
Did he beat up Robin Givens after the fight?:eek:

He's gonna go that at the after party he's hosting downtown.

rogue
02-22-2003, 09:01 PM
Maybe he'll stop by Hollifields house for a quick bite before the party.:D

SevenStar
02-22-2003, 09:23 PM
yeah, at least a nibble

yenhoi
02-22-2003, 09:59 PM
I think the old Iron Mike is back!

No way. He needs to fight someone who knows how to box next time.

:D

SevenStar
02-22-2003, 10:04 PM
yeah, he does. but still, #7 in the world is nothin to sneeze at. Did you see his agression and focus? he wanted that fight. That's not how he was in the lewis fight.

yenhoi
02-22-2003, 10:24 PM
Agree. But Tyson has never beaten anyone of equal skill. Probably wont.

;)

sapphire tygre
02-23-2003, 02:40 AM
Exactly. Lewis wussed out on Klitschko, which would have been the real show stopper match.
Lewis=wussy Tyson=wont fight anyone good. Klitschko(either one)=next in line. Boxing makes me sick. After Lewis sissied out, they threw us the Tyson match. I like the face tattoo better than his Mao(yuck) tattoo.

SevenStar
02-23-2003, 02:49 AM
you'll see that change. Tyson has to fight better people to get ready for Lewis. He knows that. And Lewis wants the money, so he'll agree to a rematch.

If boxing makes you that sick though, don't watch it and don't keep up with it. It's real easy to say "Lewis=wussy Tyson=wont fight anyone good" when you aren't in there doing it...

sapphire tygre
02-23-2003, 03:25 AM
A lot of boxing fans got angry when Lewis wussed out. Boxing politics also bother fans. If you keep up on boxing you would know that Lewis vs. Klitschko was the real thing that should have happened. The Tyson match is just another match to many boxing fans. If you realized all the crappy politics in boxing it would make you sick, too. Tyson sucks is my opinion. Period.

SevenStar
02-23-2003, 03:44 AM
blah. Can you tell tyson he sucks? can you show him why? He made it where he is for a reason. same goes for any pro boxer.

sapphire tygre
02-23-2003, 04:03 AM
Just because he's good at boxing doesn't mean I have to like him. I dont seperate the person from the sport. Nobodys perfect but tyson's way over the top. His actions have spoken for themselves.

SevenStar
02-23-2003, 04:25 AM
That sounds better. I'm different in that respect though. Even though I don't care for his actions, you can't deny his skill, which is what I was saying. Even if his skill level isn't the best - as in the case of say Botha - you can't deny he has to have some talent, or he wouldn't be where he is.

Fred Sanford
02-23-2003, 04:28 AM
tyson might be a good boxer but I think he has some some serious mental health issues. If not for the aforementioned issues I think he could #1 again with no problem.

SevenStar
02-23-2003, 04:31 AM
no doubt

SevenStar
02-23-2003, 04:35 AM
I think that's what he's headed towards though - he's been really light hearted lately, if you've noticed. He even jokes about his loss to lewis. In the post fight interview, he commented that he's trying to get his life back together.

Fred Sanford
02-23-2003, 04:59 AM
heh.

"I like doing other things," Tyson said in a rambling post-fight press conference. "I like getting high, hanging out with my kids, I like drinking. I like doing other things."

sapphire tygre
02-23-2003, 05:03 AM
Tyson definitely is good.(at boxing). His speed is a huge asset to his style. I think it's possible for him to take Lewis but Lewis is so good at keeping shorter people back. He keeps guys like Tua, who is the essence of a short heavyweight boxer, back long enough to tire them out.

Former castleva
02-23-2003, 05:13 AM
Ali is fairly up to date in stature even with mysterious Parkinsonīs.

sapphire tygre
02-23-2003, 05:19 AM
Yeah the usa boxing scene can get pretty cRaZy..... It's about $$$ here. But wait, Lewis is from england right?:D

SevenStar
02-23-2003, 05:38 AM
Originally posted by Fred Sanford
heh.

lol, he's gotta start somewhere. he likes to do that and wants to make his life better... maybe he'll knock off the other two things.

yenhoi
02-23-2003, 08:14 AM
Tyson doesnt have to worry about the ring. And thats his problem, he psyches himself out, its all in his head. It be really cool if he smartened up and came back boxing hard!

morbicid
02-23-2003, 08:37 AM
tyson doesnt hold a candle to roy jones jr.

i look forward to his first heavyweight fight coming up march 1st

sapphire tygre
02-23-2003, 08:42 AM
Exactly, he gets outsmarted. Lewis can control him though. Tyson, Tua, both shorter reach big punchers, both, so far, controllable by distance and boxing skill.

CrippledAvenger
02-23-2003, 01:12 PM
I dunno. Early Iron Mike was easily one of the most devistating boxers I've seen. Just because he may not be at peak mental or physical form NOW doesn't negate his prior accomplishments.

Besides, under Cus d'Amato, Tyson was extremely good at eliminating the reach disparity by getting inside. I'd love to see him return to his old form again.

SevenStar
02-23-2003, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by morbicid
tyson doesnt hold a candle to roy jones jr.

i look forward to his first heavyweight fight coming up march 1st

Roy's changed too - seems like he doesn't wanna fight anymore. He can't have that attitude in the heavies. I guess we'll see what happens.

sapphire tygre
02-23-2003, 06:44 PM
I think at this point it's about the Klitschkos. And hopefully Tua.

CrippledAvenger
02-23-2003, 06:47 PM
The Klitschkos impress me. Tua... does not. He's got a great chin, but he's got weight problems from here until tuesday, and he's not as agressive or mobile as he should be. He just eats too many punches as he tries for a power shot.

sapphire tygre
02-23-2003, 07:03 PM
Yes, Tua supposedly has an incredible punch, it's that reach thing of course and about his aggresiveness, I dont quite get it either. I just like his personality. Last I heard he had cut down on weight, which might help.

CrippledAvenger
02-23-2003, 07:15 PM
See, I think Tua would do well to take Tyson's approach to getting inside. Sitting around on the outside isn't good for anyone, no matter how tough your chin is.

Personally, I'd like to see a rejuvinated tyson fight Tua in the next few months. It'd certainly be interesting.

sapphire tygre
02-23-2003, 07:33 PM
HaHaHa Yes, that would be an awesome matchup. I'd rather see that than Etienne. As for Lewis, he's just sitting on the belt and everyone knows it now. He'll retire soon anyway, so whatever...

SevenStar
02-23-2003, 11:20 PM
On a funny sidenote, a middle aged woman saw etienne here in town today, but she didn't know who he was - she just saw a huge man (whom she thought was hot, in her words) with a winnie the pooh back pack, so she spoke to him. Somehow, they got onto the subject of the fight and the woman said "Tyson really killed that guy, I hear. Next time, maybe he should fight Tonya Harding instead of Tyson!" (Tanya harding - yeah, the one that had kerrigan assaulted - had her debut pro fight as the opener for the main event) Etienne thought that was hilarious. both he and the woman commented to the local news about it.

CrippledAvenger
02-23-2003, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by SevenStar
On a funny sidenote, a middle aged woman saw etienne here in town today, but she didn't know who he was - she just saw a huge man (whom she thought was hot, in her words) with a winnie the pooh back pack, so she spoke to him. Somehow, they got onto the subject of the fight and the woman said "Tyson really killed that guy, I hear. Next time, maybe he should fight Tonya Harding instead of Tyson!" (Tanya harding - yeah, the one that had kerrigan assaulted - had her debut pro fight as the opener for the main event) Etienne thought that was hilarious. both he and the woman commented to the local news about it.

LOL

****, dude. I'd save a copy of that. that's comedy gold.

poor Etienne got his clock cleaned pretty good, but at least he can laugh about it. that's points in my book.

joedoe
02-23-2003, 11:37 PM
Of course he can laugh about it - he got $1mill for his trouble.

CrippledAvenger
02-24-2003, 12:07 AM
well, $900,000 to be techinical, but that's still not a bad piece of work for getting worked.

Merryprankster
02-24-2003, 04:13 AM
Actually Sapphyre, early Tyson was rarely outboxed. His movement was phenomenal.

Only the later, screwed-up, looking to end it all with one shot Tyson got outboxed.

Seven, I hope Roy gets stomped. I hate showboating, and one thing I don't like about Roy is he doesn't BOX. He relys on his instincts and his talent--he's a natural...but I don't see that amazing mastery of boxing like Toney or Holmes.

Put simply, I'd rather have Toney or Holmes teach me to box than RJJ.

fa_jing
02-24-2003, 10:24 AM
RJJ - the next MA fad? :D

I thought Tyson looked sharp, he even made sense afer the fight until he claimed that his back was broken. I liked how he could enter pretty much at will. Etienne had no power in his jab. Lewis could still defeat Tyson but I'd put even odds against any other fighter.