PDA

View Full Version : new UFC book "Brawl"

jun_erh
02-23-2003, 09:05 AM
I just bought this yesterday. I've read like half of it. If you're real into UFC like me it's cool. It talks about hw the organizatin came about and talks about like 75% of the fights in it's history. Also talks about John Mcain/ politics of putting the events on.
There's a really funny scenerio wwhere they put something on in the Ukraine and they realize that it's all being done by the russian mob and they have to escape. Then they come back for the tapes. It has all these characters like a crooked promoter and aaahh you have to read it for yourself. It would make a good, if kind of demented, action movie. The russian fighters all share the same jockstrap. Just like you all

sapphire tygre
02-23-2003, 09:17 AM
Was John McCain trying to shut it down or something?

jun_erh
02-23-2003, 09:26 AM
Yes. His wife is a member of ne of the big brewery families, like budweiser or something who are really into boxing promotion and UFC was becoming ppular on the Pay Per View circuit. r you can buy the explanation that he was really shcked and ffended by the fights. Either way, he was a pain in the ass. and maybe it was a cup not a jockstrap, I'll have to check

sapphire tygre
02-23-2003, 09:43 AM
Yeah the UFC fans drink imported beer.

SevenStar
02-23-2003, 11:05 AM
what does it say about the fights?

jun_erh
02-23-2003, 02:51 PM
It's like a history. It gives descriptins of what went on before, during and after the fights, many of which you'll remember if you've watched the tapes and stuff. talks about the rise and fall f the lion's den, etc. It's like a companion book to UFC viewing. Some of it you know, some you may not. Plus funny stuff like Bas rutten getting drunk and peeing on their bus driver, argueing with him, then peeing on him again. In, like Yugoslavia.

ShaolinTiger00
02-24-2003, 07:25 AM
The book is pretty much a promoters view of the early ufc days.

What can you learn from it?

Don't ever **** with Bas Rutten....