PDA

View Full Version : Tournament Get Together

MantisifuFW
02-23-2003, 03:28 PM
There are going to be a couple of tournaments that I am going to be attending over the next couple of months. If anyone else plans to go, perhaps we could get together there and work out.

The Jade Mountain Championships in Pasadena on March 22.
http://www.kungfuusa.com/events/events.html

The Great Lakes Tournament in Cleveland on April 26.
http://www.shaolininstitute.com (I know a lot of Sifu Funk's students will be at this one, it is kind of a tradition for his students and my Wing Chun/ Tanglang folks to get together there and work out.

If you are going to any of these, it would be great to get to know you and exchange ideas on Tanglang.

Steve Cottrell
As an update...

Sifu Kenneth Edwards has said that he would open his school after the tournament for Mantis practitioners to practice and meet.

At Ohio, we have a meeting room that we use to work out and meet every year.

ninjaboy
02-28-2003, 02:55 PM
EXCELLENT!!! i'm so in. i'm sad i had to miss last year's get together but the year before was great. see you then sifu cottrell!!

by the way, when is the cutoff date for the mantis quarterly second issue subscription?

sincerely,
neil armstrong

MantisifuFW
02-28-2003, 04:22 PM
I have received replies from several other Sifu and their schools who will be at Ohio. It looks like it will be a great deal of fun. I look forward to seeing you there too. Do you know if any of Sifu Phillip Man Chow's students will be there?

As for the Quarterly, by mid April.

Thanks,

Steve Cottrell

ninjaboy
02-28-2003, 05:27 PM
that'd be great if some of sifu chow's students could attend. even greater if sifu chow could make it! hopefully grifter and skarbromantis will see this post but i'll notify them regardless. i'm also going to try and bring a few bodies from a tai mantis group out of the toronto area as well.

it'll be a blast!!

see you then!

sincerely,

neil

mantis_seeker
03-04-2003, 05:50 PM
Hi Sifu Cottrell,

Will the get together take place on the 26th or over the whole weekend?

mantis_seeker

MantisifuFW
03-04-2003, 06:03 PM
Most of the touching hands and such happens on Sat nite. However, on Sun there are seminars and others of us not attending them get together for more technical stuff if not covered Sat.

Steve Cottrell

BeiTangLang
03-06-2003, 11:33 AM
I wish I were able to make it this year, but things don't always go as I plan them to. Sounds like it will be a great deal of fun & as always, a learning experience!
Don't fill my chair at the bar with another body next year though,
because I plan on making it then!
Best Wishes,
Roy

~BTL