PDA

View Full Version : As you like it.

Phenix
02-23-2003, 07:44 PM
If it is an as you wish world. Put aside of which lineage ,which branch, shaolin or wudang or white crane or ....

How do you wish you WCK system to be?

The feeling?
The styling ?
The movements?
The ....

How would you like your SLT to look like or feel like or touch like.....
How would you like your opponent to do when you confront them? send him flying? pin him? ....

What do you wish to achive?
How deep do you wish you Kung fu?

As much as detail please and hope that no one high jack and all respect for other's wishes.

Phenix
02-25-2003, 11:01 PM
Wow, no one dare to even dream?:D

Mckind13
02-26-2003, 01:29 AM
I want my Wing Chun to happen without any ado.

It feels like there is no line between mind and body or intention and action.

The form just is
No style, no method, no me no Wing Chun.

The form is spontaneous
The application is spontaneous

He attacks so he already is lost.
I am at the center and everything and just works right.

Now for my Buddha nature.... Time to sleep!

David

Phenix
02-27-2003, 12:06 AM
Last year, I went to an asia country. suppose to acquire a design center.

while I have meeting with 15 design engineers, I ask them what is thier dream? I wait for 15 mins, all quite.

Then, I tell them. without a dream how can you design? You all just do a good job copy.
If you don't dare to dream you can't design.

But since everyone can dream you all can design. just dare to dream. dream for something good for yourself, family, and others...

IMHO, one's quest for highest level of WCK will not continous without a dream...

No matter how long a student study, student will never become a master....
just IMHO.

planetwc
02-27-2003, 12:32 AM
1. A Natural response
2. Relaxed grounded energy
3. Listening
4. Whole body connection
5. Feel like cotton, hit like a needle
6. Be able to receive incoming energy without pushing it away

TwoManSaw
02-27-2003, 01:18 AM
hello phenix

in know specific order
-spontaneous
-natural
-creative
-realistic
-reactive
-proactive
-instinctive

Phenix
02-27-2003, 01:22 AM
1. A Natural response
2. Relaxed grounded energy
3. Listening
4. Whole body connection
5. Feel like cotton, hit like a needle
6. Be able to receive incoming energy without pushing it away

IMHO,

1, needs to cast off the limiting thoughts and return to true emptiness to achieve this.
2, need to do standing post to achieve this.
3, need to learn the ying yang medirian and how it accord to breathing and intention setting to achive this. listern with intention.
4, need to do circular drill with ying yang medirian to get here for dyanamic. then use standing post or the sun potential to refine this.
5, need time after 1,2,3,4 to curtivate the qi
6, need to understand the sphere force visualization and jing's path trajectory to get here, since the movement of reel silk or changing body weight is too big.

if one doesn't have to move alots to absorb, neutral, issue, or bounce back the incoming force. sphere force visualization is needed.

Since all of above is within SLT/SNT. so do SLT/SNT to achive them!

but needs many and many and many moons to get there.
not too late with we got there at 70year old.

Heh heh heh. sorry for my big mouth.
Sorry ancestors I know I am a sinner who always open more can of worms. Ok I shut my big mouth now. ;)

MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU ALL.

reneritchie
02-27-2003, 06:59 AM
Like a quantum singularity: invisible but limitless, infinitesimal but inescapable, inaudiable but unstoppable.

AndrewS
02-27-2003, 10:05 AM
My Wing Chun?

Smooth as water, hard as stone- with apologies to Ice-T

A few less flippant rants-

the sort of ability to read at a distance which allows one to move in looking lazy and wind up there first on a blindingly fast kid.

power with my entire body enough that I never need to strike twice

awareness such that I can change between ghost-like softness, extraordinary solidiity, torrential onslaught, and shattering explosion as needed, and such skill with each of those things that I can execute them at will on all who stand in front of me

How it looks matters not to me. How it works does. Inside it should feel very easy, a brisk walk in the graveyard on a warm night perhaps hopping up on a sepulchre.

What do I wish to achieve? More.

Andrew

Andrew

Rolling_Hand
02-27-2003, 02:03 PM
--Since all of above is within SLT/SNT. so do SLT/SNT to achive them! --HS

**Huh???.....SLT? Where are Chum Kiu and Biu Jee in your lineage?

--but needs many and many and many moons to get there.
not too late with we got there at 70year old--HS.

**There are two types of "WE". one are the losers who think very negative and the other are the ones that act "bad". they act like they own the place.

--Heh heh heh. sorry for my big mouth.--HS

**Um, you just described yourself there smart one.

--Sorry ancestors I know I am a sinner who always open more can of worms. Ok I shut my big mouth now. --HS

**Pleasing yourself with special treats from time to time is vital to a healthy, satisfying life...

Savi
02-27-2003, 03:22 PM
It will be the highest state of meditation, colored red.

-Savi.

tparkerkfo
02-27-2003, 05:05 PM
Hi All,

I am probably a dreamer, traditionalist, idealist in my thoughts of wing chun and any martial art.

First off, it must have power to reach the end result of a martial art... to be practical in a real situation. This doesn't mean the power from muscles, but from body unity, structure, and gravity. I guess the common words we hear is faht or ging.

Wing Chun I want to learn should be direct and simple. No Clutter, no mess, no fuss, no BS. It should focus on the centerline and not chasing the hands. ALways putting pressure on the structure to prevent the attack from starting. No Flashy hands since the attack is nullified before it is started, and the opponent is totally cotrolled.

There should be no contradictions between what is said and what is done. Training should be realistic and training should be like application. One should be able to fight and train in a controlled manner. There is little need for excessive and disruptive movements. Simple control. That is what I am looking for in my wing chun.

thoughts that come to mind- relax, settled, sensitive, heavy, nim and yi, supple, substantial, go, water, cotton and iron. Not greedy and not afraid.

Just some simple thoughts
Tom
________
Essential vaaapp vaporizer (http://essentialvaaappvaporizer.com)

canglong
02-27-2003, 11:59 PM
He attacks so he already is lost. DM

To become one with your opponent makes this an internal struggle not external and therefore we only possess the ability to restore harmony or the inability not to.

WCK is the color of water and it flows....

Mckind13
02-28-2003, 12:54 AM
Tony can you elaborate?

David

Phenix
02-28-2003, 06:25 AM
Originally posted by Rolling_Hand

If you can do one good four directions throw you will be close to mastering Aikido. ------ M. Ueshiba, Osensei

t_niehoff
02-28-2003, 07:42 AM
Phenix wrote:

If you can do one good four directions throw you will be close to mastering Aikido. ------ M. Ueshiba, Osensei

Excellent point. Many people think proficiency/skill is learning the technical aspects of the art, but it really has to do with developing or acquiring the "inner game" -- timing, sensitivity, power, being able to control an opponent's balance, being able to recognize opportunities and act instaqntly, etc. -- and one can't pull off a "good four direction throw" without those. And if you have those qualities/attributes, making the rest of the technical aspects work becomes simple ("close to mastering" fill-in-the-blank). Without those aspects, however, regardless of one's technical "knowledge" (and I would submit one truly doesn't possess "technical knowledge" if they can't do it themselves), one won't be able to make the art work for them. And, fwiw, I don't think Ueshiba was talking about being able to demonstrate the throw with a cooperative stuntman. TN

Terence

Rolling_Hand
02-28-2003, 08:41 AM
--If you can do one good four directions throw you will be close to mastering Aikido. ------ M. Ueshiba, Osensei --Hendrik

**Force rules the world-not opinion; but it is opinion that makes use of force. After many false leads, you're offered a chance to again in a new setting. Where are Chum Kiu and Biu Jee in your lineage? Check it out. You can always back out later if you want. --RH

--Excellent point.--TN

**For your brother Hendrik is like you...???? RH

--Many people think proficiency/skill is learning the technical aspects of the art, but it really has to do with developing or acquiring the "inner game" -- timing, sensitivity, power, being able to control an opponent's balance, being able to recognize opportunities and act instaqntly, etc. --TN

**"...Think?" You don't need to think anymore. It's better to conquer yourself than to win a hundred battles.--RH

canglong
02-28-2003, 09:10 AM
David McKinnon,

The six gates defines personal space. The study of the six gates becomes a study of self. When 2 enter the space of one they become one and the result is unrest. In our kwoon WCK is the study and practice of the finite number of ways to maintane or restore harmony of self.

Phenix
02-28-2003, 09:12 AM
--If you can do one good four directions throw you will be close to mastering Aikido. ------ M. Ueshiba, Osensei --Hendrik

**Force rules the world-not opinion; but it is opinion that makes use of force. After many false leads, you're offered a chance to again in a new setting. Where are Chum Kiu and Biu Jee in your lineage? Check it out. You can always back out later if you want. --RH

In reality, Aikido has no forms, no set patterns. It is like an invisible wave of energy. However, such a phenomenon is too difficult for human beings to grasp. so we use provisional forms to explain it..... - M.Ueshiba

Some loves to collect forms and forms, copy words and words.. but have no understanding of reality.

Phenix
02-28-2003, 09:15 AM
The study of the six gates becomes a study of self. .

Please illustrate how can study of a man made model -- the 6 gates -- become a study of self?

canglong
02-28-2003, 09:23 AM
Who said six gates was a man made model?

burnsypoo
02-28-2003, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by canglong

It was those darn badgers again, wasn't it... those sneaky little guys.

Phenix
02-28-2003, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by canglong

Then, prove to us how is it not and all natural?
Why 6 not 4, why 6 not 3, why 6 not 9?

In reality, Aikido has no forms, no set patterns. It is like an invisible wave of energy. However, such a phenomenon is too difficult for human beings to grasp. so we use provisional forms to explain it..... - M.Ueshiba