PDA

View Full Version : Update on my fight and one problem

Kungfu boy
02-24-2003, 09:51 AM
Hey Guys,

Some of you may know I was gonna fight March 5th in Houston. Unfortunately its getting rescheduled because the promoter will be training in California with Tito Ortiz at the time which sux for me.

Here's my problem. I'm 167lbs. right now and my teacher wants to see if I can make it down to 160 for the fight now more likely in April or May. I know I need to change my diet around but I need some advice in this area. I am going to cut out cokes and ice cream but I don't know if that will get me there. I need to lose like 10lbs. or so.

And before you ask, I already do a crap load of cardio. Which did get me down some already.

So here's what I need. I need to know what to AVOID and some alternative food to eat. Tuna is already part of my diet just to let you know.

Thanks Guys

Suntzu
02-24-2003, 10:17 AM
kill the needless snacking… cut out the coke and the ice cream… cookies and cakes… and all the tastey stuff that makes life worth living… dropping weight sucks… I still have issues with it… I takes some experimentation… its hard (for me anyway) to lose a few AND keep my energy up... i shrunk my portions... ate small meals thru out the day... added more cardio...

MonkeySlap Too
02-24-2003, 12:35 PM
Reduce your carb intake to 30 grams or less. Eat meat, cheese, and a cup of salad a day.

Take plenty of supplements, and have meat or nuts available to snack on.

Once you've dropped that weight - continue to avoid eating white flour, white rice or white sugar. That stuff is just garbage that screws up your metabolism.

Merryprankster
02-24-2003, 12:46 PM
Watch your mouth call white rice lame!! :D Glycemic index problem. Eat the stuff with some protein or fat and you'll be alright.

Good advice in this thread. You really kind of have to feel it out for yourself though.

I do lots of proteins and veggies and avoid the junk.

Portion control, portion control, portion control. Drink a gallon or more of water per day, and remember that you can dehydrate a bit to make weight, but you must stay hydrated, or your body learns to conserve the stuff. As an example, I know that in a normal sleep period, I lose 4 lbs, and most of that is water. As long as you have time to put it back, you'll be fine. I do not advocate sweating as a means of weight loss (ie, guys trying to lose 10lbs of water the day before.)

I also ensure that once or twice a week on varying days, I eat much more than usual. If you just cut back the calories, your body gets used to the idea. Gotta keep the metabolism up.

yenhoi
02-25-2003, 02:41 AM
Ug!

Cutting :mad:

Soy beans. I buy bags of them frozen for like a buck 17, and much on them.

Good luck!

:D

CD Lee
02-25-2003, 02:21 PM
You could try the ol...

It takes approx. 13 calories to maintain every pound of body weight on avg. So if you weight say, 170, you need about 2210 cals per day to maintain. For 160, you need 2080 WITH NO EXCERSICE. You must factor in any excersice and eat more accordingly. More on that later.

It takes 3500 calories to make-up a pound, whether you lose it or gain it. You need to deficit 35,000 calories to get to your weight without any tricks. So to make it by April, you have 35 days (thats not much time to lose 10 punds the right way). That means you need a 1000 calorie reduction per day to make the weight clean. If it is May, you only need a 500 cal reduction.

Now, you can get the reduction by eating less, or doing more activities that will burn calories, or both. Just because you do cardio a lot, does not mean that you cannot do more to burn more calories/energy. You can.

Depending on how many cokes and ice cream you are downing a day, could be a huge factor, as well as fried foods, snacks, butter, and dense foods. Huge.

If you salt your food a lot, stop. Salt retains a lot of liquids. Liquid weighs a LOT. 9 LBS A GALLON. Don't retain fluids that you don't need to.

You don't need to lose all the weight to make weight.