PDA

View Full Version : Here's a pic

IronFist
02-24-2003, 02:15 PM
I just took a couple pics of myself. Here's one for those of you who wondered what I look like.

Stats in this pic: 5'9" 170lbs, 8% bf (I'm guessing).

I told you my shoulders were proportionally big :)

IronFist

IronFist
02-24-2003, 02:22 PM
I've got a couple more. The one I attached above is probably the worst one.

IronFist

Ford Prefect
02-24-2003, 02:24 PM
Nice physique, bro. Congrats.

fa_jing
02-24-2003, 02:30 PM
Hey your medial deltoid is porportionally underdeveloped!!

....but still quite studly. :)

Suntzu
02-24-2003, 02:30 PM
yeah dude… u killin your shoulders…:cool:... but your face is he||a ugly… they might have something to clear that up :p... WOW 170… I can only dream

IronFist
02-24-2003, 02:35 PM
Here's another one. Please note how important proper lighting is for definition.

IronFist

shaolin kungfu
02-24-2003, 03:24 PM
You got an exercise plan you could give me.

IronFist
02-24-2003, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Ford Prefect
Nice physique, bro. Congrats.

Thanks.

IronFist

morbicid
02-24-2003, 03:40 PM
hah! that's NOTHING!!! chek out the pic of me . pink is totally my color and i'm not afraid to show my face!!!!!
its in my sig. !! now that's what i call REAL ULTIMATE POWER

Rolling Elbow
02-24-2003, 04:12 PM
Yikes, avoid the Greek statue fotos where one hand cradles the head and the other flexes. (pic 2) ... How is your leg program making out, that is what i want to know...! 5 sets of squats, what is it doin for ya!

PHILBERT
02-24-2003, 08:20 PM
Geez man, your shoulders are huge. In a good way. Wish my shoulders looked like those.

morbicid
02-24-2003, 08:22 PM
thanks, i know. it's the green body paint that brings them out

SevenStar
02-24-2003, 10:27 PM
not bad...

Good job, bud. Keep it up.

IronFist
02-24-2003, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by Rolling Elbow
How is your leg program making out, that is what i want to know...! 5 sets of squats, what is it doin for ya!

Here's the legs, since you asked for them. 3 of the 4 quad heads are visible.

You can definately tell that my arms are a weak point in this picture. When I do compound movements my back and chest and shoulders take over, and I have a hard time isolating them, which I don't really like doing anyway because aside from aesthetics there's no real reason to do isolation stuff.

But since you asked about the squats, it's 5 reps, not 5 sets. 10 sets. But I just checked my log and I haven't squatted in over a month now.

IronFist

Cheese Dog
02-25-2003, 12:41 AM
Dude, you are RIPPED!!! Good work!!!

rubthebuddha
02-25-2003, 12:58 AM
sweet! ironfist is showing some leg! :D

seriously, though, the dirty biotch is **** cut.

Robinf
02-25-2003, 06:39 AM
Highly impressive. You're getting to be like this one guy I've seen whose every muscle shows even when he's just sitting. You must be great fun to watch work out--that way you can see just what muscle is actually working.

Nice job!

Ford Prefect
02-25-2003, 06:47 AM
I dunno if it would work for you, but my arms were my weak point for the same reason. On this recent cycle, just adding in curls caused them to explode. Tri's already get enough work from dips, bench, overhead press, and push-ups.

CD Lee
02-25-2003, 07:51 AM
Iron,

Looking great dude. Nicely ripped.

Robinf
02-25-2003, 08:07 AM
wall,

One doesn't need to physically look the part to know the ins and outs of proper weight training.

Iron Fists great physique is a product of his knowledge and his genetics (combined).

I've seen a lot of guys who built themselves bigger, but they're methods leave much to be desired except by them.

IronFist has actually studied, not just worked out, I believe.

Robinf
02-25-2003, 08:19 AM
I didn't know that an average male could achieve that look. Perhaps that's because so many don't.

To achieve his look takes a great deal of discipline most men appear to lack.

That in itself makes IronFist just that much better looking. That he not only has the knowledge and the genetics, but has the conviction and discipline.

abobo
02-25-2003, 08:27 AM
wall: Easier said than done, though.

Ironfist showing off his mussels from Brussels.

You vain, vain, *******.

CD Lee
02-25-2003, 08:54 AM
Wall -

I don't think most normal men can achieve Iron's body or BF% even with years of training. Some can sure. But I have seen guys that worked out intensely for years, doing what everybody else did, and you know, they just always kind of looked the same. They looked good. They were very strong. Some people are boxy, or their muscle bellies are short, or other things that we cannot change a lot.

RobinF said:

Iron Fists great physique is a product of his knowledge and his genetics (combined).

Most definately. And his discipline to perform, based on that same knowledge I might add.

fa_jing
02-25-2003, 09:18 AM
His abs are ripped like a MF what do you do for those, bro? Janda situps or something?

P.S. I never got the sense from IF's posts that he resprented himself as some kind of beefcake. In fact I was impressed to see those photos. Especially considering he's a college student

stubbs
02-25-2003, 09:57 AM
nice one iron fist!! i could probably have reasonable definition if i wasn't so gorilla like, lol. without sounding gay, do you wax or something?
________
Ecigarettes (http://vaporizer.org/forum/electronic-cigarettes/)

IronFist
02-25-2003, 10:01 AM
I appreciate the compliments.

Ok. For those of you who thought I was huge or something, you do not understand my metabolism. I have that same level of body fat regardless of what I eat. I'm actually rather content at this size for the time being, which is good because I stay this size even at like 6000 calories a day (although now I'm probably only at 3 or 4000).

Finally, as wall pointed out, I guess people expect size and knowledge to directly correlate. Perhaps this is why commercial gyms wouldn't hire me as a trainer :D

Oh well :)

His abs are ripped like a MF what do you do for those, bro? Janda situps or something?

Actually, I don't really do any specific ab work. Maybe a couple times a month when I think about it. Heavy deadlifting, squatting, and benchpressing is really the only ab work I get. This just helps me prove what I've always said here:

Definition is a result of low bodyfat levels (and of course having the muscle developed in the first place).

When I started getting in to fitness in highschool I used to do hundreds of crunches a day, but what did I know back then? :D

But when I think about it, I'll usually do a few sets of Janda situps. Oh yeah, I used to do Dragon Flags for a while last semester, but only like 2 or 3 reps thrown onto the end of a workout.

IronFist

IronFist
02-25-2003, 10:05 AM
nice one iron fist!! i could probably have reasonable definition if i wasn't so gorilla like, lol. without sounding gay, do you wax or something?

Oops, you posted that reply right as I was posting my last one so I missed it. Haha.

No, I don't wax. Trim occassionally, but I don't have that much hair to begin with. Taking photos relies a lot on both lighting and being sufficiently tan. My friend's room just happened to have good lighting.

IronFist

stubbs
02-25-2003, 10:13 AM
cool, i might have a trim a take a few pics of me for the fun of it :D

im the same with regards to diet, i eat loads and most of it is crap, i work at a petrol station part time and we have these cheese rolls that have 60g of fat per roll!!! lol. im not as big or cut as you but i get away with eating usually 100 - 250 grams of fat a day and still look like im in fairly good shape. i like my metabolism :D
________
Bondage toys (http://www.****tube.com/categories/409/toys/videos/1)

Rolling Elbow
02-25-2003, 12:13 PM
Is this post getting a little fruity? "wax"? ..if you are a hairy bear, stay hairy bear!

I agree with Iron, heavy weights will not make you any less ripped. Much of that debate revolves around genetics, NUTRITION, and intensity.

CD Lee
02-25-2003, 12:38 PM
Wall - I will go with you on this one with one big caveat:

The average male would have to have a very serious diet, and then they could potentially get ripped like that. Also, males over 30 yrs, would have an extreemly difficult time getting ripped like Iron without good genetics. There is no arguing the muscle shape thing. There is no telling what those muscles will actually look like although they will be stronger and in much much better condition. People cannot change the shape of their muscles. An example is Lou Ferrigno's long bicepts vs. Franco Columbo's short bicepts. They could make their bicpets bigger and stronger, but the shape always conformed to their genetic pre-disposition.

CD Lee
02-25-2003, 12:45 PM
Wall - ok, I felt guilty, so I went back and looked closely at all of Irons pics again. Yes, the average male could do it. Depending on the age, many would have trouble getting ripped, but conversely they would also be able to get more mass easier I think. Not that Iron is thin. But he will thicken up in the next 20 years even if he stops lifting weights.

morbicid
02-25-2003, 12:52 PM
i agree with cd in that i've heard from various sources that its much easier to gain mass after age 30. people over 30 seem to have broader shoulders and chests, regardless of wether they work out or not

IMO mass is harder to gain than definition... with a speedy metabolism like mine anywayz. ive never weighed more than 175,
even in my days of massive beer drinkin' in college (like in the pic on my sig)

look at brandon scott lee - that dude EXPLODED with muscle mass once he started gettin older (did u see him in "soldier" ?)

IronFist
02-25-2003, 04:54 PM
Hey guys, where is this coming from? Some of you sound disappointed that I'm not huge. I never said I was huge in the first place. All I've ever said about myself is that I'm an ectomorph and I have proportionally big shoulders, especially considering the fact that I never work them directly.

IronFist

sapphire tygre
02-25-2003, 06:43 PM
Ironfist is ripped. Actually the mass on his upper body looks very good to me. Trust me, with that little body fat thats all hard muscle. Good thigh definition too.

IronFist
02-25-2003, 10:22 PM
Thanks for the compliment, sapphire tygre. My quads have decent definition but they're a bit skinny. I have to turn my leg out a bit to make it look bigger.

IronFist

SevenStar
02-25-2003, 10:22 PM
Iron's always said that he's not big, not that his size should correlate to his knowledge. And I know people who have been training for several years and don't look like that. Theoretically, yeah, it can be done, but maintaining such a low body fat % is easier said than done.

IronFist
02-25-2003, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by SevenStar
Theoretically, yeah, it can be done, but maintaining such a low body fat % is easier said than done.

I just want to reitterate that I don't maintain this bodyfat level by choice. Yes, it's nice sometimes, but I absolutely do NOT eat clean. So don't ask me for diet secrets cuz I don't know. If you want to copy my diet eat a lot of pizza and Hungry Man dinners. Also, eat at McDonalds almost every day. I don't eat fries very much just because they make me feel kind of gross, and I don't drink much pop.

Oh yeah, and I usually have one N-Large shake each afternoon when I get home from class.

IronFist

Serpent
02-25-2003, 10:36 PM
Do NOT seek diet advice from Ironfist! This boy eats more crap than a stray dog and still manages to maintain bodyfat like that. Exception, not rule, I promise you that! ;)

Xebsball
02-28-2003, 01:53 PM
Dude, you one of those light people. Domo-kun would flip you across the room easy :D

rubthebuddha
02-28-2003, 02:37 PM
aye, but with that dense of muscle, a good flame burst from trogdor and ironfist will burn all day.

IronFist
02-28-2003, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Xebsball
Dude, you one of those light people. Domo-kun would flip you across the room easy :D

Dude, I just got 0wn3D :D

IronFist

maccajim
03-03-2003, 03:25 AM
_I_think_that_much_bulk_on_the_shoulders_must_decr ease_ur_speed_and_the_aility_to_do_quick_elbows._H ave_u_still_got_full_movement_in_all_directions??? ?
I_don't_know_your_style_but_i_guess_your_right_arm _is_a_bit_stiff_and_the_shoulder_Sits_too_high_for _any_power_as_it_spends_so_much_time_fiddling_with _a_mouse.
Keep_flexing_iron_fist

_

rubthebuddha
03-03-2003, 11:11 AM
i think we should start a fund to buy macca a new space bar. that stuff is just hard to read sometimes. it makes russell sherry's posts seem easy as pie.

IronFist
03-03-2003, 11:35 AM
I think I understood that. Yes, I'm still very flexible.

IronFist

CD Lee
03-04-2003, 08:42 AM
IronFist -

First of all, quit eatin' that sheotty food...:D :D :D

Hey, I never said you were small or huge. You are a great size. I don't think being 'huge' is as practical as people think. Now that I can get past 200 easy, I don't want to get huge. I want to weight about 170-175, be strong, flexible, and fast. So, you are at the mecca of what I would like.

Problem is, when I was at that size and strength, I wanted to be HUGE man. The irony is actually pretty funny to me now.

All I am saying is that if you age like everybody else, your muscles and frame will broaden and thicken as you get older, whether you try to get bigger or not. Let me tell you, when your metabolism changes, you'll be shocked.

I maxed at 162, bodybuilding 15 yrs ago. 5'9.

I ate a gillion tons of food, milk, shakes, etc.

It took six years to get to 170 (not lifting regularly, but not fat either). It took one more year to get to 192. By that time I was truly out of shape, but still had the muscle from earlier days, although atrophied quite a bit.

Right now I am lifting again, and the strength has come back quickly except on the bench. I started four weeks ago, two workouts a week only, and have gone from one ten pound plate on each side of the bar, to 45lb. wheels on each side for 10 reps. Let me just say, the tens were actually heavy at first. Unbelieveable(embarrasing - I used to warm up 20 reps with 45's!!!). At least the bench is coming back quickly now. I just switched to the 25's two weeks ago and added 5 lbs every workout unil I was at the big plates. But hey, I am losing weight too, watching the food.

GunnedDownAtrocity
03-06-2003, 03:02 AM
fu ck yeah dude.

should show your face though.

are you afraid of stalkers? i told you that restraining order was enough man .... i have new interests.