PDA

View Full Version : SMALL bone structure! genetic mishap???

Mizong_Kid
02-24-2003, 04:59 PM
hello all! to the guru's of health out there.....

i am a human born with a small bone structure....i am classed as an "ectomorph". whereas the majority of the male population are mesomorphs!

now i dont know if there was something wrong in my genes or if there is something wrong....but my bone structure is just small....not length wise..but my bones are light and thin! :confused: hence i am a skinny fella! i am pretty sure by the age 20 bones dont develop anymore!

i fear something may have gone WRONG during my growth btn 10-18yrs.......$HIT!

i hate to admit it......that everywhere i go...in uni...at my work place.....among my mates....i am always the one who is thinnest....i swear even all the girls have bigger bones than me! haha! :eek:

IronFist
02-25-2003, 12:03 AM
Look at it this way. If you have a naturally low bodyfat percentage, then any muscle you add will most likely be ripped. You won't have to worry about dieting down or anything.

Good luck.

IronFist

Former castleva
02-25-2003, 05:39 AM
Most of the bone mass forms between ages of 10-20.
During this age,it is crucial to exercise well.
I assume you are no child anymore,well you can still develop yourself.
Weightlifting and such exercises are effective.

Robinf
02-25-2003, 09:51 AM
Bone density can continue to develop until death at old age.

Weight lifting--the more stress you put on your body, your bones, the more density your bones will build.

If you are still growing, however, I suggest sticking with a good regimine of body weight exercise, perhaps plus ten - fifteen pounds. If you are done growing, then hit the weights.

Do your bones break easily?

HuangKaiVun
02-25-2003, 11:12 AM
The smaller you are, the longer you live.

That's a medical generalization that doesn't apply to everybody, of course.

Former castleva
02-25-2003, 11:41 AM
"The smaller you are, the longer you live"

People low on growth hormones live longer?
Excuse me but that is a generalisation at best which holds no water.I wonder what funky research indicates this?
As long as this is not claimed in the name of medical science,great...

And to have healthy&dense bones helps to avoid osteoporosis in the old age when it really starts to bug.

Former castleva
02-25-2003, 12:35 PM
BTW,I will not be any MD for a long time but just wondered if your endocrine system is working properly?

CD Lee
02-25-2003, 12:57 PM
Don't despair your ectomorph frame. You may have an incredible genetic disposition for endurance running, which means lighte and tighter is better. For world class runners, the average is 2 lbs per inch of hight for optimum speed, strenght and endurance. That means at 5'9, you would need to be at 138ish for optimal performance due to the physics of oxegen consumption, weight to strength ratios, etc.

And, from what I have observed, I don't think many males are mesomorphs at all. I have met many true mesomorphs, and they are quite muscular and impressive before they even touched weights. One of my buddies in baseball in the sixth grade was a mesomorph. He already had incredible looking muscles even then. In high school, he 'looked' at the weights and started exploding. He trained two years at bodybuilding after high school, and won a very tough local bodybuilding contest. Some things are just not fair. There are a huge amount of people blended between endomorph, ecto, and meso.

Plus, light can be very healthy. And as IronFist said, at least you can show your muscles.

Mizong_Kid
02-25-2003, 02:43 PM
thanks for your thoughts guys!

i do think its kind of mind over matter.......if i actually did bodyweight exercies on a VERY regular basis and included some weights....then i would build more muscle eventually i reckon!

part of me was concerned for image reasons....but that was not the main reason behind it.

and ironfist is right........if i did put on muscle it would show more than if i were a plum fella with a bit of flab!!!

i envy those who have the ideal build for kung fu! :mad:

sometimes there are not enough hours in the day

Lung Hu Pai
02-25-2003, 02:47 PM
another good thing is, when everyone will start getting older and flabby, you'll still be skinnier. it's happening now to my friends...mwahahaha!!!!

sapphire tygre
02-25-2003, 07:58 PM
This is obviously an anti mesomorph troll. No really I think skinny guys can kick ### too.

scotty1
02-28-2003, 02:53 AM
I'm the same as you Mizong Kid.
There's a bright side, already stated by Iron.

Mr. Bao
02-28-2003, 08:15 AM
MIz,

I am too an etcomorph. It is no big deal and there are pros and cons in being different body types. If you are interested in building muscles and gaining weight, I would highly recommend you read books by Stuart McRoberts who is a good ectomorphic bodybuilder model and a famous intellectual body building author for hardgainers and ectomorphs. His books and body of work can be seen at www.hardgainer.com. I am not fond of body building cultures, but I do research their methods and I have found McRoberts to be a great writer and has sincere information for those with below or average genetics for developing muscles mass and weight. If gaining size and strength is your concern, there is no other body building authors who has much knowledge and experience than McRoberts on the subject of ectomorphs and hardgainers gaining size and weight.
Mr. Robert's books are filled with realism, practical knowlege, and has the real life experience of hardgainers who made it, no pictures of pro body builders who are juiced up and genetically superior. I am sure you will gain much from reading his books.
You must remember that most body building books are unrealistic for the majority, filled with pictures of pro body builders who are genetically superior and drug enhanced, and it is hard to tell if their information is good and practical for the average joe with less genetic advatages or do not want to use illegal drugs.

Most of the typical body building books have no interest in helping and focusing on the vast majority of below or average genetic fella who has the very "real" problems (which no other elite mesomorphs can hope to understand) of gainning weight and building muscles. To this effect, McRobert have devoted much of his time and energy toward this vast majority. If gaining size and weight isn't your issue, then there are plenty of resources here which you might have read already. So far many gurus and
people have a passion for the russian methodology here; I am too part of this party, but soon I am getting off my max training cycle and then going into a short cycle of hyperthropy using McRoberts and Mentzer's theories.

Best of luck.

Last note: I am not anti mesomorph or endomorph. I am not hating on the elite body builders who happen to be exceptional mesomorphs/endomorphs on drugs, but these folks have exceptional genes for the sport of body building which the vast can not compete with. To me it an unhealthy and sick sport and I believe that they need to do something new. I have seen many ectomorphs try to follow their workouts and diets with not much success and perhaps these examples are unrealistic and they probably need better role models. May be this is why "the supplement king" Bill Philips' EAS's Body of Life is a great success because he and his team are trying to include the normal masses toward healthy and realistic body building. I give him much respect and credit in trying to bring body building to the masses and something positive to the world.