PDA

View Full Version : Holy mackerel, we've got S N O W!

Chang Style Novice
02-25-2003, 07:13 AM
The driving skills of Austin drivers just went from marginal to lethally dangerous. The university is shut down 'til at least 11. Dogs and children all over the city are going nuts.

We've got SNOW!

Chang Style Novice
02-25-2003, 07:26 AM
Sheets of ice is no fun at all. I'd have stayed off the roads if at all possible in those conditions. Glad you made it in okay.

Water Dragon
02-25-2003, 07:59 AM
LOL

Whiny little babies. Did you even get an inch?

red5angel
02-25-2003, 08:01 AM
Before I moved to minnesota the only snow I had seen was when I lived in Shreveport Louisiana, and we got a dusting of snow in the morning. Of course by 2pm it was already up to like 50 degrees again!

Now that I live in Minnesota I am getting a little annoyed because everyone else is getting all the snow and we are just getting the crappy cold air...

Chang Style Novice
02-25-2003, 08:03 AM
Water Dragon - of course not! Closer to a 1/2 inch here.

But then, I lived in Anchorage for 7 years, and never want to see the god****ed stuff again, except on TV.

KC Elbows
02-25-2003, 08:05 AM
****, I love the ice storms. We get awesome ones here. Mind you, they're entirely unsafe, and no one out here knows how to prepare for snow(back in Chi-town, at the first mention of the word snow, armadas of snow trucks and plows are mobilized. Out here, Zeke and his brother just start to sober up at that point).

However, unlike Chicago, out here we get these massive ice storms, because it stays warm enough during the day to go from rain to snow to rain, then at nights, everyhting freezes, and for days, all you can hear is the sound of hundreds of trees cracking under the weight.

I love bad weather. Of course, I'm always the one guy who shows up for work.

Kristoffer
02-25-2003, 08:56 AM
:D