PDA

View Full Version : Yanling Lee Johnson

jeetkunerob
02-25-2003, 07:24 AM
Hey every one, its me again. I just recieved a qigong book from my freind Qigong for living by Yanling Lee Jhonson. I just wanted to know if anyone has ever heard of her. If so anybackround info? Anything would be helpful, i just want to know if what she says about qigong is true. I am interested in qigong and want to learn more. So i is important to know if she is the real deal. Thanks.

Repulsive Monkey
02-25-2003, 08:12 AM
gives us a taster....what does she say about Qi-gong?

jeetkunerob
02-25-2003, 08:33 AM
Well in one of her chapters in getting started in qigong, she says that if there is not a qualified teacher(where you live), that you can learn from a book or video tape. I tought that it was bad to try and learn from a book. I was also told you should always have a master around when you first beging practicing so you won't hurt yourself.

jeetkunerob
02-25-2003, 08:36 AM
I wanted to know if she is the real deal, I heard that she is the vice president of the Qigong assocaition of America, but again I never heard of that assaocaition or of her. Just need to know if she is the real deal, if not, I will look for information else where.

Repulsive Monkey
02-25-2003, 09:07 AM
Well if it's of any consequence here is a link to a review of one of her books which was reviewed by the British Taoist Association magazine "The Dragons Mouth" (which I must say is a wonderful read, and very insightful to ancient (however more specifically the Longmen tradition of Taoism) aswell as modern day Taoism). If they say it's good then maybe she is good.

Dragons mouth review.. (http://www.qi.org/articles/book_review_by_sarah_hill.htm)

jeetkunerob
02-25-2003, 11:31 AM
thanks for the link, it was helpful.

[Censored]
02-25-2003, 12:08 PM
I've met her. She is a kind, sincere, and experienced pracititioner and teacher.