PDA

View Full Version : coming to shaolin?

frosh2786
03-09-2001, 08:59 AM
how much is it if i want to see shaolin or learn wushu there? i might be able to go to china this summer, but i have little money. how much would a flight/hotel and all that stuff cost me? i have wanted to come for a long time, and i think it would be a great learning experience! thank you for input!

Shaolin Disciple
03-09-2001, 06:09 PM
If you would like to come to Shaolin Temple this summer, I would like to help you with your Kung Fu trip.

I think the air ticket for a US-China-US round trip is about USD 700. and if you are only come for few weeks in this summer, maybe you don't need to spend a lot of money here ...(we are planning to help many students from overseas to experience the Shaolin training life this summer.) Email and we will plan it together!

Buddha bless you dear friend!
Heming, Shaolin Temple
Email: heming@shaolintemple.zzn.com
http://shaolin1500.com

Rei
03-13-2001, 07:24 PM
im trying to plan a 2 or 3 month trip to china for summer 2002 so i can get some money together but still im like one broke student :D school and trying to train jsut doesnt leave me time to get the money so Heming... does shaolin have a plan for the poor? ;) Caseu i REALLY want to go to china and learn it from its source but ummm mom can only do so much for her far away child :D anyways ill wait for ur reply :)

thank you

*To conquer others, you must first conquer yourself*

frosh2786
03-14-2001, 07:57 AM
i know what your sayin man...all the wrong poeple have the money...i dont wanna be rich..i just want enough to do stuff....

ope
03-14-2001, 06:43 PM
Doesnt anyone else find it wierd that a shaolin monk has a computer thats on the net?

:)

i mean dont get me wrong i think its cool..

Ya and i would kill to be able to goto china and train in a temple... but like everyone else i dont have a dime..

If everything you have done has not worked then the answer to your problem is simple..

joedoe
03-15-2001, 01:37 AM
ope: China isn't quite as backward as you might think :).

I trained for a day or so at the Southern Shaolin Temple in Chuan Chou a few years ago. That was an amazing experience. If you can get to a Shaolin Temple, I recommend it.

Never been to the Hunan temple though.

Guns don't kill people, I kill people

Rei
03-15-2001, 07:21 PM
can i know how much it costs altogether to go to china from edmonton alberta canada to beijing is it? then take the train and stay at shaolin for 2 or 3 months... but i would lik eto know in CANADIAN money :D

thank you

Peace!

joedoe
03-16-2001, 01:50 AM
Probably best to ask a travel agent :)

Guns don't kill people, I kill people

Rei
03-16-2001, 02:33 AM
does a travel agent know how much it costs to stay at the temple? :D i rest my case :p

Peace!

Paul Skrypichayko
04-17-2001, 08:15 PM
Hey Rei. My friend is having trouble with posting on KFO, but he can answer all your questions. He stayed at the same school with Heming last year. You can email him at lohan@shaolintemple.zzn.com He's also from Edmonton.