PDA

View Full Version : To Tsuruken

FIRE HAWK
02-25-2003, 11:39 AM
Hi i am wondering if you have ever seen the 2 books on Chuka Shaolin Phoenix Eye Fist by Cheong Cheng Leong it is said that this style Chuka Shaolin might be part Fukien White Crane i know that there is Chu Gar Southern Mantis mixed in the style and some have said that it is a Hakka Dragon style but the founder of Chuka Shaolin Leow Fah Shih Koo came from Fukien province and was said to practice Fukien White Crane . Since you know alot about Fukien White Crane i was wondering what your opinion is on this style if Chuka Shaolin is a form of Fukien White Crane or has Fukien White Crane mixed into the style if it is not Fukien White Crane what is your opinion on what Chuka Shaolin is it is part Hakka and Shaolin ?

Sho
02-25-2003, 02:31 PM
Possible. Fujian arts have greatly influenced Japanese striking arts. To Tsuruken = Dong Hok Kuen

Tsuruken
02-25-2003, 04:43 PM
Fire Hawk :

White Crane was present at the birth of Okinawan Karate. It's influence is evident in arts such as Gojuryu, Uechiryu (Naphati), and Machimura Seito Shorinryu (Suidi).

As for Chuka Shaolin Phoenix Eye Fist by Cheong Cheng Leong, I am not familar with the books or art but can say that in all probability it has a loose connection to Fukien Crane-Fist. It probably has elements of the Fukien arts (not just restricted to Crane-Fist) mixed in within it's methodology.

The use of the Phoenix Eye Fist may be a reference to Fukien Crane but could also be connected to Southern Mantis or Dragon styles.

Hope this helps in some small way.

Is your interest in Southern White Crane?

FIRE HAWK
02-25-2003, 07:20 PM
I would like to send you a free copy of the first Chuka Shaolin Phoenix Eye Fist book so that you can look at the style and see what you think about the style just tell me where to send the book to what address and i will send it to you you can email me about what address to send the book to . I have four copys of the first book so i can send you one for free , As i said Chuka comes from Fukien province and they trace there lineage back to Jee Shim he taught Leow Fah Shih Koo it says this in the second Chuka Shaolin book but i would like for you to look at the art because it comes from Fukien province and Leow Fah Shih Koo was said to be a White Crane practitioner and you know alot about Fukien White Crane and Fukien arts . I am interested in Fukien White Crane , Southern Mantis , Wing Chun , and Chuka Shaolin and some other arts .

Tsuruken
02-26-2003, 04:15 PM
Fire Hawk:

Great! My address is:

Ron Goninan
9 Short Street
Wellington. NSW. 2820
Australia

The book sounds very interesting and I would be more than happy to give you my opinion on it's contents.

Give me your direct mailing address and I'll send you some copies of article on Crane-Fist etc to help you with your studies.

I'll even send you a copy of our CD-Rom

Hope to hear from you soon!

Best wishes

Tsuruken
02-26-2003, 04:57 PM
Fire Hawk :

Send me a Private Message or e-mail and I'll give you a User Name and Password to our Web Site's Members Only Section!!!

E-mail: tsuruken@austarnet.com.au

Regards,