PDA

View Full Version : The Sweeping Punch or Puppet Punch ?

FIRE HAWK
02-25-2003, 11:53 AM
In the K.T. Chao Book Secret Techniques of Wing Chun it says that the Sweeping Punch or Puppet Punch that the point of contact for this fist strike is the foreknuckles and not the regular Wing Chun Knuckles but the foreknuckles the qustion is is the Sweeping punch or Puppet Punch a form of the Lepard fist strike or Ginger Fist strike ?

yuanfen
02-25-2003, 01:53 PM
I dont have the Chao volume handy right now--- but I think that you are talking about ginger fist. Leopard fist is in other styles and uses different mechanics.

azwingchun
02-25-2003, 02:10 PM
I haven't seen this book either. But we use something similar when punching downward into the stomach area, or anything in that lower region when punching. Whether it is in the stomach or kidneys, we turn the fist in a similar manner.

Just as we turn our palm clockwise to deliver a strike the further we move down the torso, we move our fist counter-clockwise the lower we go.

Is this similar to what you are speaking about?;)

FIRE HAWK
02-25-2003, 06:55 PM
Yes it sounds very similar to what is in the third book K.T. Chao s Biu Jee book is where the fist is shown and mentioned it does look like a Ginger Fist too .

yuanfen
02-25-2003, 09:03 PM
KT CHao knows what he is doing.