PDA

View Full Version : Master with Cracked Fingers

BearBear
02-25-2003, 09:56 PM
the jackie chan movie master with cracked fingers aka tiger cub from canton etc has some northern praying mantis in it ... there is a couple of short forms or sections of forms in it.. is this legit forms or made up for movie.. if forms what style of praying mantis in this movie.. its not so much and the movie is pretty poor/average compared to other jackie kung fu flicks... but yeah ..

anyone recognise the forms / movements?

bb

mantis108
02-26-2003, 11:13 AM
Well, the form is totally ligit. It is the exact version of CCK TCPM Bengbu/Bung Bo otherwise known as Yintai Bengbu. If you have the book by Alexander Tse or the New Martial Hero magazine article (1975?) featuring Tang Shing Ling, you can do a move by move comparison. ;)

Anyway, one of my students found a DVD of it. She noticed the basic stances (last 4 of the Ba Da Mabu sequences) which the kids were doing in the movie. She brought it over and verified with me since it looks a bit different in the arrangement as we practice it. The performance was done according to the camera work requirement back then. So the form looks a bit like 70s-80s ish kung fu flicks forms. I talked about this on my forum also. You are welcome to check that thread out. :)

So, yeah once upon a time CCK TCPM was featured in HK pop culture. ;) :D

Regards

Mantis108