PDA

View Full Version : Trolls Beware

KC Elbows
10-25-2001, 10:12 PM
...but not a thought to think.

Anyway, about kung fu. Anyone know much about hook swords? The general tactics, what style uses them, etc?

KC Elbows
02-20-2002, 10:37 AM
Why are trolls always claiming not have appendages they actually have? Thus far, we have:

-Stacey- missing Mr. Happy

-Boxer- Missing Mr. Happy

-Snapper- This is the really weird one, considering the name, one would assume no Mr. Happy, but instead, he zigs where other trolls zag, and he's got a missing arm.

-Ralek- Missing Mr. Springer:D

Is this phenomenon peculiar to KFO trolls, or are there other avulsed annoyances out there, typing as fast as they can without the full use of their limbs and brains?

And what kung fu technique would you use in a fight against them?;)

Water Dragon
02-20-2002, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Ryu.

I also have a phase 1.....*gak*..*gak*...gkk (real Ryu choking the crap out of Bizarro Ryu.)

But is it still good?

Snapper
02-20-2002, 10:49 AM
Thats right Snapper zig's where others less successfull trolls zag, and you haven't seen the last of snapper.....oh no my friends I may not be able to use this name anymore but I will be back with an all new and better story.

In addition: I would like some sort of trophy for my extreemly long thread
Thankyou to all my fans

JasBourne
02-20-2002, 10:52 AM
Don't forget :

- Neal Cameron aka jojitsu aka "Tathagata your friendly h0mosexual martial artist": not only being obsessed with his own miniscule Mr. Happy, but also aggressively coveting everyone else's Mr. Happy...
:rolleyes:

Technique? Probably the devastating Klingon Ritual of Renunciation, where everyone glares, crosses their arms, and turns their backs on the miserable offender, forever cutting him off from the tribe.

Alternatively, the Eskimo practice of collectively laughing at them wherever they go and whatever they do is pretty nasty.

Shooter
02-26-2003, 12:20 PM
http://pub182.ezboard.com/fshaolinnorthwestforumfrm54.showMessage?topicID=5. topic

Surferdude
02-26-2003, 05:32 PM
sick!!!:D :rolleyes: :p

joedoe
02-26-2003, 05:34 PM
I want a serrated version. :D

SevenStar
02-27-2003, 12:47 AM
I'll take two.

Shah
02-27-2003, 02:07 AM
is that available in a +5 flaming version? :D

Shaolin-Do
09-17-2003, 02:26 PM
Just found this while surfing the net...
http://www.mastermehrdad.com/manmagarticle.htm
http://www.mastermehrdad.com

Read the first link 1st.
:)
Nothin like good ol' hapkido shaolin.

norther practitioner
09-17-2003, 02:32 PM
Must be out of the Southern Temple:rolleyes:

lol funny find

Um well at least the guy has balls, and hopefully he'll step into the ring.

Shaolin-Do
09-17-2003, 02:34 PM
Yeah, it actually was the first result when I searched for kung fu magazine.com on webcrawler. :)
I gotta go help teach kids class.
Peaceout!
SD

Kristoffer
09-18-2003, 05:50 AM
hapkido shaolin :D that's the **** right there

chen zhen
09-18-2003, 08:33 AM
hmmm

Ben Gash
09-18-2003, 09:23 AM
"Ancient" Hapkido? Not bad for an art that's less than 60 years old.

Kristoffer
09-18-2003, 03:42 PM
heeeh

Fred Sanford
09-18-2003, 03:58 PM
Nothin like good ol' hapkido shaolin

can't be any worse than shaolin-do

Kristoffer
09-18-2003, 04:12 PM
..or jello

jon
09-19-2003, 12:15 AM
Well it would appear, he teaches; Hapkido, Kung fu, Yoga and Taichi.

He also fights and obviously can make his stuff work.
http://www.mastermehrdad.com/frameset.htm
Check his fighter profile there is pleanty of pics of him laying it on the line. Even some vids... which i havent watched yet becouse im lazy.

Heck he even appears to teach combat apps for his Taichi, I think i like this guy.

Shaolin-Do
09-19-2003, 06:43 AM
Yeah, he does get my respect for being willing to accept challenges and lay it on the line.
The whole hapkido shaolin thing just kinda got me... :)

"can't be any worse than shaolin-do"

It certainly could...

"Kung-Fu styles emphasize on form and weapons training only"
Sounds like he knows all about kung fu.

Vash
09-19-2003, 09:52 AM
Yes! I shall give up this Isshinryu Toudi crap and start the ancient art of Shoalin - Hap Ki Do! I've been so niave! How can this revered fighter ever forgive me? I'M NOT WORTHY!!!

rubthebuddha
09-19-2003, 12:01 PM
vash, please start taking your valium again.

his site and what he says is ok. several of his pictures look badly photoshopped, though.

Shaolin-Do
09-19-2003, 12:02 PM
Im just waiting for the photoshopped picture of someone chi blasting a cat from 200 feet....
*idea*
:eek:

MasterKiller
09-19-2003, 12:28 PM
Not quite a cat, but if you look close enough, someone from KFMO can be seen chi blasting a chicken.

Notice how the trajectory of the chicken corresponds with the blast, so it must be real.

Shaolin-Do
09-19-2003, 12:36 PM
Everybody knows chi blasts are blue.
:mad:

MasterKiller
09-19-2003, 12:38 PM
Obviously, you have very little experience in long-distance projection. The color is red due to atmospheric conditions, which bend the light over the length of the chi blast.

If he were, say, blasting a fly from 6-inches, then, sure, it would be blue.

Kymus
09-21-2004, 02:03 PM
Could someone possibly link me to the image that we used to post for Ralek?

I think it's funny that the entire first page of Google for "troll" is all about Trolls of the Ralek kind :D

SPJ
03-06-2005, 08:32 AM
Every one wants to read some informative posts or posts of personal insights on things, perspectives and views.

However, oftentime the debate may degrade into arguement for arguement's sake a post later.

Criticism on the posts words for words. A few posts later, the game is lowered to personal level.

Apparently, nobody will be convinced by either party or any party of anything just claimed to be so.

So the question is always that do you post to inform or request some info; or post to argue to the bitterend or no end or even away from the topic.

Blatant claims with no backup are called BS.

Arguing on and on with no end and missing the topic at hand is called a troll.

So the question is that how do we know that we are only posting bits of info or infomercial without being lured into an all out BS or troll war.

And of course, the mods will detect the smoke or flames and close the BS or no end trolling.

What are your thoughts?

By starting this thread, I am a troll and start BS on the trolls in general.

How a fineline we have to steptoe in the minefield of internet forums including MA and mcdojo exposing forums?

:p

cam
03-06-2005, 09:24 AM
So the questions are
Do you post to inquire/inform?
or,
Do you post to argue?

Either question may apply, even if you post on a topic that has some relevence to the purpose of the given site that it is being posted on. This is a Kungfu site, most posts should deal with that topic, it's not like kung fu is a small topic. :)

How do you prevent a topic from degrading into a troll?
Stay on topic! If the post is dealing with any martial arts topic it should be easy, I imagine the only people that visit this site are martial art enthusiasts of some kind or other.
I guess I could post a question about some car problems I've been having lately , why I would post here for that kind of inquiry is beyond me but I could do it. I would then probably be told to take my question to someone more prepared to deal with it, after all this is a KUNGFU site!

SPJ
03-06-2005, 09:27 AM
Cool;

Thanx!

:cool:

David Jamieson
03-06-2005, 09:36 AM
And of course, the mods will detect the smoke or flames and close the BS or no end trolling.

what forum are you on? :p

cam
03-06-2005, 09:40 AM
Then again, some people just love to troll!
It is interesting to see how people respond, do they keep their cool or do they explode or do they go to the wonderful world of Obfuscation!

SimonM
03-06-2005, 10:03 AM
A good troll can be a way to blow off some steam sometimes. I think the trick is just to make sure you aren't always trolling. Legitimate posts are a bit more important. :D

ZIM
03-06-2005, 10:53 AM
Either question may apply, even if you post on a topic that has some relevence to the purpose of the given site that it is being posted on. This is a Kungfu site, most posts should deal with that topic, it's not like kung fu is a small topic. :)

Eh. I used to talk kung fu, but I found it a generally useless topic. Too often, the same topics come up over and over, and the level of discussion rarely goes beyond historical or general.
None of that is to say that the posters are useless or un-talented. Quite the contrary, it simply occured to me that you can't really discuss deeper aspects of kung fu through the written word at all. You can, of course, discuss ephemeral things: Ranking, basic characteristics of a style, culture, etc. I read some of them but don't bother to respond.
And then you have the phenomenon wherein person from a forum let discussions bleed over into real life. I've seen, even within my relatively short time in kung fu, student-teacher relationships go sour, students leave or get discouraged, persons who've never met that become sworn enemies, etc.
All on this very forum.

So, no, I don't get involved.

David Jamieson
03-06-2005, 11:38 AM
zim, go contribute to my tightening up thread, that's all about kungfu in the here and now.

ZIM
03-06-2005, 12:15 PM
zim, go contribute to my tightening up thread, that's all about kungfu in the here and now.
Actually, that's exactly one of the arguments I've seen cause such strife.

ZIM
03-06-2005, 12:39 PM
Just realized that was a little vague.

I realise that the topic is important- tightening up technique to make them more applicable to modern day situations, etc. is crucial in many ways.
The problem seems to be that when an instructor or fellow student reads the comments of one of his/her students here, sometimes that is taken out of context.

In one situation I'm aware of, the instructor got p1ssed because the comments were taken as saying "what you teach is garbage" and that "tradition is bad" and that the student intended to change what he was being taught.
I don't know how it worked out, if at all. It ended badly, though.

ZIM
03-06-2005, 01:40 PM
If I say that boxer does not know how to kick and if you practice boxing and feel offend by my statement then you may be over react. You don't own your style and I don't own mine. The strong point of your style could be the weak point of my style and vise verse.

All good and true. If you said my footwork was slow or whatever in comparison to others, I'd prob'ly agree.
The problems start with the fact that this is a public forum with a lot of strong egos. You say to the boxer "you can't kick". He says "yep, I should add that in".
His instructor recieves an email form some other busybody instructor: "Hah! Lookit that! I knew you sucked azz!"
That busybody begins posting that same crap all over the rest of the net.
On it goes.

hung-le
03-07-2005, 12:42 PM
The problem is when these news group started they had small select groups that were for the most part, cool to eacher.

Then most were invaded by school kids or people who only knew martial arts from the books that they bought at the local book store!

In the end these public news groups became worthless........But that was years ago......you people just now fcaught on to this?

Besides ...if all of you are such dedicated martial artist, why are you posting junk instead of training?

All the serious people that i know wouldn't post on hack job sites like these anyway!

SPJ
03-07-2005, 12:58 PM
Yes. It is a choice of an oligation or free will.

I posted in Bullshido, cyberkwoon, martial arts planet and other forums a bit. Maybe once in a 6- 8 months. When I have REALLY Nothing else to do.

I was told that I am doing too many posts in KFO.

I looked around the net. I need to reach an audience that is interested in KF in general.

I was told to support this forum.

How much and how frequent are up to me.

There is no way I may beat the diligence of KL and BL in posting.

Nowhere close to the number of posting by the king and queen.

Peace.

:D

hung-le
03-07-2005, 08:25 PM
I actually gave a half piece of dog excrement and came back and visited this crummy site! Once a year is usually enough for me. I must be really bored!!

SPJ that’s sad! You’re into KF and can't "shoot the scat" with someone on a news group like this that is dedicated to actual KF! I believe you. I’ve counted only five threads related to KF on this main page…what a joke… that’s why I don’t come here.
You need to go somewhere else dude! The Internet is pretty F-vast! This news groups needs to go private and cut the dog scat out or get F-stringent on what can be F-talked about. There are plenty of good KF sites that don’t have the Speedo loving “I want to bone joust with the ice-man” types! Like I implied, anyone who posts on public news groups like these are crap-nuggets of disinformation. Or they are computer typing flagellating egomaniacs with little or no discipline to achieve in a martial endeavor.

If someone is posting here often, that someone is a pretender... Do you think anyone who is anyone reads his or her posts? The only thing worse than this site is Black Belt magazine and Bull****---toe. Now there’s martial sophistication. (Read the sarcasms please) The only people I see into that crap are pimply-faced “Napoleon Dynamite” type teenagers at the local Wall-Mart. Probably the same snicker-doodles posting that UFC butt jousting crap and watching Spike TV.

I’ll pop in and rag on some of them in another year or so

Note: to all the MMA loving Butt Pirates who are going to post a snap to my words ….go ahead…waste more of your time. I won’t waste my time reading those retorts. Well…maybe in a year so I’ll come buy and grin….maybe

SPJ
03-07-2005, 08:46 PM
To be in all fairness;

It is a message board. People may make contact and chat.

After a while, you prettey much know who is who.

Not that it is getting me anywhere but just chat along.

I did make some very important contacts with other fellow members. And most of them do not post a lot either.

;)

Ray Pina
03-08-2005, 07:07 AM
I find a good general rule is don't say something over the Internet that you wouldn't say in person.

Also, I try to keep in mind that this is a martial arts board, and that we are martial artists -- there should be respect among all of us.

When I was a kid and going to tournaments, if I started talking to someone, from another school, we bowed to each other, we realised that the belts around our waist meant something, showed the dedication we've put in.

Behind the keyboard its easy to forget this.

SPJ
03-08-2005, 07:41 AM
Excellent point;

How to avoid a trolling BS war?

A. Do not respond to words of emotions. It will add more fuels to the flame.

B. As in a debate club, if the previous post has good points, then build on it and expand with more info. The previous poster feels positive and confirmed.

C. If there are some mis points, that you do not agree or are in dispute:

Do not counter argue words for words or segments by segments.

Do come up with an over all statement or pick just one weakest point and reply. In debate, there is no time to respond to all mis points. Only pick one is enough. You do not say that the poster is totally wrong. You provide more info why and how that one particular point is mis stated. One hole is enough to sink a boat.

You do not want to anger the poster. You simply focus on the point. No personal attack is needed.

D. We are posting to inform or exchange of thoughts and ideas. We are making friends. We are not here to pick on someone or pick a fight. If so; go to a ring and do your challenge match, there. So as to prove how tough and how right you are. And who cares about it? except your ego.

:D

red5angel
03-08-2005, 07:56 AM
I actually gave a half piece of dog excrement and came back and visited this crummy site! Once a year is usually enough for me. I must be really bored!!

SPJ that’s sad! You’re into KF and can't "shoot the scat" with someone on a news group like this that is dedicated to actual KF! I believe you. I’ve counted only five threads related to KF on this main page…what a joke… that’s why I don’t come here.
You need to go somewhere else dude! The Internet is pretty F-vast! This news groups needs to go private and cut the dog scat out or get F-stringent on what can be F-talked about. There are plenty of good KF sites that don’t have the Speedo loving “I want to bone joust with the ice-man” types! Like I implied, anyone who posts on public news groups like these are crap-nuggets of disinformation. Or they are computer typing flagellating egomaniacs with little or no discipline to achieve in a martial endeavor.

If someone is posting here often, that someone is a pretender... Do you think anyone who is anyone reads his or her posts? The only thing worse than this site is Black Belt magazine and Bull****---toe. Now there’s martial sophistication. (Read the sarcasms please) The only people I see into that crap are pimply-faced “Napoleon Dynamite” type teenagers at the local Wall-Mart. Probably the same snicker-doodles posting that UFC butt jousting crap and watching Spike TV.

I’ll pop in and rag on some of them in another year or so

Note: to all the MMA loving Butt Pirates who are going to post a snap to my words ….go ahead…waste more of your time. I won’t waste my time reading those retorts. Well…maybe in a year so I’ll come buy and grin….maybe

fortunately you only sign in once a year...... :rolleyes:

SimonM
01-11-2006, 09:17 AM
This is copied from a post on Daveseslcafe. I am unsure of the veracity of the facts. As I am neither a US citizen nor a US resident I am not particularly enclined to do the research but lots of you folks ARE and this could effect you. After all Trolls harass and annoy regularly and internet challenges can easily be interpreted as threats.

Legislation you may wish to know about.
Tired of having some anonymous bozo harassing you on the Internet? H.R. 3402, the "Violence Against Women and Department of Justice Reauthorization Act of 2005,", Sec. 113 makes Internet harassing or threatening a new Federal Crime. It went into effect January 5.
The text: "Whoever...utilizes any device or software that can be used to originate telecommunications or other types of communications that are transmitted, in whole or in part, by the Internet... without disclosing his identity and with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any person...who receives the communications...shall be fined under title 18 or imprisoned not more than two years, or both."

PangQuan
01-11-2006, 11:41 AM
im gonna go ahead and press charges against MEGA FIST right now.

Chief Fox
01-11-2006, 11:46 AM
Great, lets spend tax payer money on having a law created because people can't ignore a troll on an internet discussion board.

@PLUGO
01-11-2006, 12:21 PM
Charges against Mega Fist have been logged and as I understand, he's on his way to guantanimo as we speak.

PangQuan
01-11-2006, 12:43 PM
Charges against Mega Fist have been logged and as I understand, he's on his way to guantanimo as we speak.

dang someone beat me to the punch. i really fear for my life from that guys judo katana.

Marcos-XB
01-12-2006, 12:57 AM
Fine, then I challenge you to a pokemon battle.

Sissy.
:)

green_willow
01-12-2006, 01:36 AM
This is copied from a post on Daveseslcafe. I am unsure of the veracity of the facts. As I am neither a US citizen nor a US resident I am not particularly enclined to do the research but lots of you folks ARE and this could effect you. After all Trolls harass and annoy regularly and internet challenges can easily be interpreted as threats.

I'm all for strict moderation. Personally I hate trolls. Although I had come across this forum a long time ago I didn't join because it was owned by trolls. are you aware of this?

SimonM
01-12-2006, 02:57 AM
Owned by trolls? :rolleyes:

I must admit that is a new one.

green_willow
01-12-2006, 05:58 AM
Owned by trolls? :rolleyes:

I must admit that is a new one.

Yes, very unfortunate for members on this forum, I would say the 2 most prolific trolls were that blooming lotus and ego extrodinary. whist lotus was like unstoppable madness who basically stole the show, ego kind of baited you in and had a method of playing with your mind. I think it got worse when the two trolls formed an unholy alliance. ego basically gave lotus method to the madness or was it the other way round..... anyway......

I remembered reading a mod saying something like "if you want to cross the bridge you gotta pay the troll its toll". I cringed when I read that, its like handing over the forum to the trolls - but finally the mods got some teeth and got rid of the trolls.

I wanted to join this forum many times, but every time I look at it was like oh no not again.... nothing but blooming lotus threads or those north vs south threads by ego. Good thing all this is gone don't you think?

SimonM
01-12-2006, 10:23 AM
I'm as happy as the next man to see the back of Lotus and Ego. In fact if you check the records I was one of the voices clamoring for their removal. However to say that they "owned" the forum is a little rich. Should the mods have come down on them a bit faster? Yes. But there was plenty of good conversation too.

And there was also a few more minor (and less irritating trolls) who would go on and on about how this or that CMA suxxored compared to holy-BJJ because they didn't REPRESENT in the UFC.

hellhound
01-12-2006, 02:22 PM
I have been on remote discussions since there was no internet and all we had was 9600b modem. I can say this troll thing has been taken way overboard. If you don't like what some has to say them don't read it. Would you like someone limiting your freedom of speach even though it may bother others. Just don't read it. Anyone who calls one out and throws nasty remarks at them they are doing nothing but bringing themselves down to that level. That and over 50% of people called trolls are not. So the people calling them one when they are not makes up for the loss of real trolls and you end up with trolls falling under the regular definition and the rest falling under the definition I just described. It's 2006 people. Read what you want, say what you want and worry about yourself and not stranger's attitude problems. I have meant no offence in any of what I said I am just telling you this is what happened over the past 10+ years as a software engineer with over 10 years of industry experience. Regards.

CoRWiN
01-12-2006, 07:51 PM
Are you actually surprised this kind of legisaltion was come from the all knowning all seeing government? Just another level of control, no different then the Patriot act. If you want to see some scary stuff watch the movie Operation Takedown aka Hackers 2. True story of a computer hacker.

Green Cloud
01-12-2006, 09:26 PM
Hey corwin where were you tonight you missed a graet class tonight. First we did rock training then we worked on monkey boxing teck. Oh yea pretty contavercial topics you've been discussing. I guess colledge is good for somethings. See ya in holbrook tomorrow I'l be there.

straight blast
01-12-2006, 10:08 PM

I didn't think charges were neccesary to be sent to Guantanimo :confused:

green_willow
01-13-2006, 05:03 AM
I'm as happy as the next man to see the back of Lotus and Ego. In fact if you check the records I was one of the voices clamoring for their removal. However to say that they "owned" the forum is a little rich. Should the mods have come down on them a bit faster? Yes. But there was plenty of good conversation too.

And there was also a few more minor (and less irritating trolls) who would go on and on about how this or that CMA suxxored compared to holy-BJJ because they didn't REPRESENT in the UFC.

I hear you and you're like a lone voice in the wilderness - you put up a good fight unlike most members who have become so used to being abused by the 2 trolls that they'd come to accept it as normal. Each of the 2 trolls even had the blessing of some mods at one stage.

They did own the forum - when almost evey major discussion becomes a troll post and I don't know how, one of them either ego or lotus was banned and the other let the banned troll back into the forum basically undoing what the mods were trying to do...

Then the mods did nothing about it for months. I've never come across this level of trolling on any other forum before. If this is not ownership by the trolls then I don't know what is. Basically those two were some serious piece of work when they got together when there is method behind madness it gets crazy.

Some ppl who used to post here but don't anymore was because of them.

greensage22
01-13-2006, 04:39 PM
this law was passed to protect highschool students from harrassment by their
classmates after school. trolls aren't a problem unless you let them become so.
the case that I remember the class mates were teasing/harassing the girl via chatrooms and e-mail from guest logins. they also planned when and how they were going to beat her up, everyday. The female victim loved the internet
but the e-mail and im messages were the real problem, because she couldn't use her computer without 100 nasty messages popping up. personally if people were causing me that much grief online, I'd send them a nasty virus and call it even.

green_willow
01-14-2006, 11:55 PM
this law was passed to protect highschool students from harrassment by their
classmates after school. trolls aren't a problem unless you let them become so.
the case that I remember the class mates were teasing/harassing the girl via chatrooms and e-mail from guest logins. they also planned when and how they were going to beat her up, everyday. The female victim loved the internet
but the e-mail and im messages were the real problem, because she couldn't use her computer without 100 nasty messages popping up. personally if people were causing me that much grief online, I'd send them a nasty virus and call it even.

You probably don't need special laws to proscicute someone who is planning and attack and then following up with an attack. That is different from trolling.

Where do you draw the line between zero tolereance on trolling to a little trolling?Some times its hard to detect good trolls at work - not until they have hooked most of the members into their game. It was how this forum was like.

David Jamieson
01-15-2006, 01:09 AM
trolls shmolls, it's a dumb law.
If you have the internet, participate in irc chat, etc whatever, and on top of it all are thin skinned and unable to suck it up or realize it is empty words on a page in an anonymous format, then you are definitively, an idiot.

Mind you, word on the street is that there are a frigging bazillion idiots out there.

nanny state crap once again brought upon us all by a very few, bunch of weiners.

green_willow
01-15-2006, 04:16 AM
trolls shmolls, it's a dumb law.
If you have the internet, participate in irc chat, etc whatever, and on top of it all are thin skinned and unable to suck it up or realize it is empty words on a page in an anonymous format, then you are definitively, an idiot.

Mind you, word on the street is that there are a frigging bazillion idiots out there.

nanny state crap once again brought upon us all by a very few, bunch of weiners.

But most ppl just can't help it when someone mouths off. It's too hard to just walk away knowing it is a trap. That's how most ppl are like - ppl want to prove a point and that's what trolls exploit. It's human nature you just can't win.

GeneChing
02-25-2015, 01:20 PM
MMA Fighter Josh Neer Films Himself Fighting Heckler, Posts Video Online (http://www.complex.com/sports/2015/02/josh-neer-mma-fighter-films-himself-fighting-heckler)
BY CHRIS YUSCAVAGE
1 DAY AGO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2qj8Igzks4

Josh Neer has been involved in his fair share of fights over the years. Since 2003, he's taken part in more than 50 sanctioned MMA bouts as part of UFC, Bellator, and Shark Fights. But on Monday, he got into what will probably end up being his most memorable fight when he beat up a guy who has been heckling him online for the last month.

According to Neer, Patrick Martin has been hitting him up on Facebook since January talking all kinds of trash. But on Saturday, he took things to another level when he challenged Neer to a fight. Neer finally decided that he had had enough and accepted the guy's challenge. He told Martin to come to his gym on Monday and proceeded to film himself beating Martin up.

"Basically, the guy's a ******* and been talking **** about MMA fighters for a month," Neer told Bloody Elbow. "On and on, I usually ignore him but this Saturday he wrote me on Facebook…He had written 10 messages to me talking **** which I ignored, but this time I said if you really want to fight come to the gym Monday at 5:30. I don't know what his problem is but he's a big guy, like 6-6 and 270 pounds and just acts like a bully. That's what he seems like to me, just a bully. He showed up at 6:10, 40 mins into practice. And then I asked him if he wanted to fight Rakim or me and Rakim is bigger than me so of course he chose me."

You can watch the ensuing fight in the clip above. Neer caught some flack for posting the video online after the fight ended. But as he explained on Facebook last night, he felt like he was the victim in the situation and wanted to teach Martin a lesson:

http://images.complex.com/complex/image/upload/t_in_content_image/q3ye2cp6aapf1jirnjkm.jpg

For what it's worth, Martin also took to Facebook late yesterday to address the fight and to say that he actually wants to knuckle up with Neer again:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B-lFekDUEAAvLWj.jpg:small
Stacey Miller @StaceyLynn125
Follow
Re: Josh Neer... I think the guy he "beat up" is fine. Everyone calm down.
7:30 PM - 23 Feb 2015

But we have to ask: Why? Talking smack to a guy who has made a living off his ability to fight seems like a dumb idea to us.

Send all complaints, compliments, and tips to sportstips@complex.com.

This troll is stupid as dirt, but he has balls.

David Jamieson
02-26-2015, 07:12 AM
This troll is stupid as dirt, but he has balls.

LOL, that troll is committed to the trolling! Committed!!!! :D

Faux Newbie
02-27-2015, 08:42 AM
LOL, that troll is committed to the trolling! Committed!!!! :D

Holy thread necromancy, batman!

What Gene can do with long dead things is astonishing!

GeneChing
02-27-2015, 03:22 PM
...and my OCD about keeping things less cluttered.

What Gene can do with long dead things is astonishing!

Hey man, I publish a print magazine about traditional martial arts. I gotz mad necromantic skillz. :cool:

Honestly, why bother labeling something as 'new' when you can just tack it on to something older and sound more venerated? :D

Brat
03-10-2015, 09:06 AM
Could someone possibly link me to the image that we used to post for Ralek?

I think it's funny that the entire first page of Google for "troll" is all about Trolls of the Ralek kind :D

I joined the forums back in the 90's. Haven't posted in ages but my login still works amazingly. How many people remember the 1st troll of signifigance Taekwondoman? After him the big one was rolls then ralek after the aforementioned was banned. After that I moved overseas and started training in martial arts seriously. I remember a few people were accused of having socks and being a legitimate poster by day and a troll by night sort of if you know what I mean.

GeneChing
09-18-2017, 08:10 AM
I'm tempted to overlay this map with a map of our subscribers (http://www.martialartsmart.com/19341.html), our distribution and MartialArtsMart.com sales (http://www.martialartsmart.com/). But still, I never put that much work into trolls. I just ban them.

Here’s Where the Most Active Internet Trolls in the U.S. Live (http://secondnexus.com/technology-and-innovation/map-of-internet-trolls/?utm_content=inf_677_1164_2&tse_id=INF_e81064a09baf11e7aba2ffcf7683ccd7)
Here’s where the most trolls live, and when they’re most active.
BY ALISON WILKINSON SEPTEMBER 7, 2017

http://1wusz1l7dx227nr7mlgvjn14.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/TrollFace.jpg

If you’ve ever read, well, anything on the internet, you’ve seen them. Those nasty comments aimed at getting a rise out of people or just generally creating chaos.

Thanks to a partnership between Wired and Disqus, an online commenting platform, we now know where the trolls live. And when they are most active.

The two analyzed 92 million comments over a 16-month period, written by about 2 million authors on more than 7,000 forums using the Disqus software. (That means bigshots like Facebook and Twitter, which don’t use Disqus, were omitted.)

Using an API, Disqus was able to detect and rate a “toxic” comment—defined as “a rude, disrespectful, or unreasonable comment that is likely to make you leave a discussion.” Feeding the comments into the API gave a score from 0 to 1. Anything above 0.9 was considered toxic. A sample toxic comment that rated above a 0.9: “You are a disgusting, subhuman, painfully stupid waste of cells. You are a racist pig, a slime ball.” Whereas a nontoxic comment included: “Grilled cheese ideas are limitless.”

Using the API yielded some interesting results. The South is disproportionately hostile, with Georgia, Alabama and South Carolina all hovering at over nine percent of all comments being toxic. Nevada (10.1 percent) and Iowa (10.3 percent) also have a high proportion of toxic comments. The “winner” though in the troll wars goes to Vermont. The proportion of toxic comments is higher there than in any other state at 12.2 percent. Neighboring New Hampshire, on the other hand, had the lowest at 4.7.

Broken down a bit further, the absolute most toxic city in the country is Park Forest, Illinois, where 34 percent of comments are hostile. However, 99 percent of those came from just two authors! The least toxic city was Sharpsburg, Georgia, with just 0.8 percent of comments being hostile. At the 2010 census, the population of Sharpsburg was 341—meaning, “It’s just a small town, and the smaller the group, the more influence a few bad apples (or bright pennies) will have.”

Unsurprisingly perhaps, the most toxic time of day for trollish comments is 3 am. During this time, 11 percent of all comments are mean. For more civil discourse, log in after 8 am.

While knowing a bit more about the trolls is interesting, the real question is what to do about them. The Wired poll shows that a full 25 percent of people made at least one toxic comment during the 16-month period. This seeming growth of the troll population is in line with a recent report by the Pew Research Center and Elon University’s Imagining the Internet Center. In the report, researchers surveyed more than 1,500 technologists and scholars about the state and future of public discourse. 81 percent said that they expected the tone of online discourse to stay the same or get worse in the next decade.

Some organizations—like news outlets—have responded by shutting down online comments altogether, reverting back to the days of physical letters to the editor. “We’re out to raise the quality of discussion about the people, places and things covered on our website,” said Kevin Moran, executive editor of New England Newspapers Inc., which has not allowed online comments since September 2016. “And while we like to blaze trails around here lately, we’re following a growing list of news sites to drop online commenting over concerns about tone, incivility and abuse.”

For online publications that choose not to forego commenting altogether, the solution is trickier. One approach might be to allow users to register under a pseudonym, which would protect free speech while still allowing consequences for abusive behavior over time. Chatbots, filters and other similar tools could also potentially help stop the spread of trolls.

The truth is, though, even with technological advances, trolls are here to say. Cofounder of Disqus Daniel Ha said the problem with trolls is not a technological one but a human one. “It’s never really going to go away.”

GeneChing
10-29-2019, 02:08 PM
Troll Who Said 99% Of Men Could Beat Female MMA Fighters Gets His Ass Kicked (https://cavemancircus.com/2019/10/23/internet-troll-vs-female-mma-fighter/)
October 23, 2019

http://www.cavemancircus.com/wp-content/uploads/images/2019/oct/internet_troll_vs_female_mma_fighter/troll_vs_female_mma_fighter_1.jpg
An online troll who said that he could take on pretty much every female MMA fighter has been made to look like a fool.

Kristopher Zylinski decided that he was going to be an ******* by posting a controversial Facebook status hoping to draw attention to himself like every troll does.

For some reason he claimed that not even a woman trained in martial arts would be able to beat him in a fight and naturally he received quite the push back

Posting on Facebook, Zylinski wrote:

99 per cent of women are too weak and lack the reflexes to do enough damage to stop 99 per cent of men.

Even if they knew Brazilian jiu-jitsu they just don’t have the size or strength to use the holds.

It’s dangerous to teach any woman to try and strike or fight a man.

I’m not hitting a woman with a closed fist unless she is attacking me.

If you want to set up an MMA fight between me and a girl with signed contracts, sure, I’m down. I want money when I win though and you must apologise.

The good people at the MMA Facebook page McDojoLife were more than happy to find Zylinski an opponent, writing:

We are willing to pay out $1,000 to any pro female 160-pound fighter willing to come and spar with this man. We will also provide plane ticket and hotel.

Plenty of offers came in and soon a fight was set up with Tara LaRosa, an mma fighter and grappler.

Predictably Zylinski got his ass handed to him being no match for LaRosa.

If you enjoy watching an internet troll getting exactly what he deserves, you can watch it here:

https://youtu.be/lOtEzwWX9yg

Not that great of an ass handing, but I was amused by the concept.