PDA

View Full Version : Post of Claims/Arguments.

Former castleva
02-28-2003, 07:28 AM
This post is loosely based on the work of late Chang Style Novice.

Here you can post your claims/arguments on- things.
Back them up,then may they be bashed if possible (but do not argue)
:cool:

Chang Style Novice
02-28-2003, 07:39 AM
Please edit that! I'm not dead yet!

Former castleva
02-28-2003, 08:42 AM
It was an intentional joke.

I guess that is a very reasonable argmnt. though.

KC Elbows
02-28-2003, 08:45 AM
CSN is dead. CSN had rare animals for avatars. I see no rare animals. Therefore, CSN is dead.

Chang Style Novice
02-28-2003, 08:47 AM
The full photo of my avatar.

Bootsy is a pet name. Pets are animals. There is only one Bootsy. Therefore, my userpic is of a rare animal, QED.

Former castleva
02-28-2003, 08:49 AM
Disagreed.
CSN uses nearly as much avatars as I do.
Unless someone has taken his place,which I believe,is unlikely.

KC Elbows
02-28-2003, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by Chang Style Novice
The full photo of my avatar.

Bootsy is a pet name. Pets are animals. There is only one Bootsy. Therefore, my userpic is of a rare animal, QED.

Well done.

Next argument?

Or wait, is this the contradiction thread?

Chang Style Novice
02-28-2003, 08:53 AM
I think this was meant to take the place of my deleted "Undisputed Truths" thread, where we try to find the common ground about martial arts that everyone agrees with.

Kinda derailed for now, though.

Former castleva
02-28-2003, 08:53 AM
The next argument waited for-.
Keep it clean.

Former castleva
02-28-2003, 08:55 AM
"I think this was meant to take the place of my deleted "Undisputed Truths" thread, where we try to find the common ground about martial arts that everyone agrees with.

Kinda derailed for now, though."

Letīs see what comes out.
In this thread,there is search for truth but also skeptism to be used if needed.
Feel free to post on martial arts.

KC Elbows
02-28-2003, 09:00 AM
Oh, my mistake. Sorry for the hijacking.

So, the point it to come up with undisputed truths that cross over from style to style?

I'll try. Excuse me if I go over ground that's already been covered.

Fights are full of surprises for even the experienced fighter, so you should train to be comfortable whichever way a fight goes.

KC Elbows
02-28-2003, 09:01 AM
BTW, good idea for a thread.

Chang Style Novice
02-28-2003, 09:07 AM
Yeah, it's inevitable that we'll go over some well trodden territory here. That's okay, though.

----------

Kicks carry the inherent risk of reducing stability by eliminating half the kicker's standing support. The higher one kicks, the greater the risk. This risk can be reduced by knowing when the supporting leg is less vulnerable to attack and the kicking leg is less vulnerable to interception - ie: correct timing and positioning.

KC Elbows
02-28-2003, 09:43 AM
I like that one on kicks. People forget that stuff too often.

Skill in footwork aids handwork because it allows the hands to attack an opponent from unexpected or harder to defend angles, and can deny those same angles to an opponent.

Wordy. Not sure if I like it, but there it is.

red5angel
02-28-2003, 09:49 AM
I propose that Ewallace is a 10 year old girl and CSN is "his" mother. My argument, look at their posts, very similar in content and level of funniness/sarcasm however just different enough to point to them being seperate people. Either way it will ba hard to convince me they don't live together and share some sort of intimate relationship....

red5angel
02-28-2003, 09:50 AM
oh yeah, and KC is a goddess loving hippy form the 2nd dimension

KC Elbows
02-28-2003, 09:58 AM
We DO NOT tolerate trolls on this forum.

Keep scrolling

keep scrolling

:D

Happy now?

red5angel
02-28-2003, 10:00 AM
LOL! Actually I was expecting to see flowers, bare feet and a predominant lack of soap at the bottom of that post!

Former castleva
02-28-2003, 10:05 AM
red5angel,(be careful not to invite trolls.)
Disagreed.
Your argument lacks scientifical theory in order to be effective.
It can only be of any efficiency in a subjective,leading manner but not strengthen the argument with evidence.
I strongly believe this is a hypothesis unless proved different.

Taomonkey
02-28-2003, 10:16 AM
I pose that Bootsey is the greatest FUNKified bassist to ever grace an album.. Lets keep it on the one baby.

Former castleva
02-28-2003, 10:23 AM
Thanks for those replies but this thread is going down.
Now it is up to KFO=YOU to prove me wrong...
Thus my argument is that it is hard to keep a thread on-topic around here (no wonder why "undisputable truths" went off)
Prove me wrong and put this thread train on tracks if possible.

:)

KC Elbows
02-28-2003, 10:26 AM
okay, a simple one:

The ability to go on the offensive must be cultivated.

ZIM
02-28-2003, 10:36 AM
The Cultivation of Ability might also be Offensive...

..not playing a word game, here, BTW- training should challenge pre-concieved notions, challenge/change the student's POV, IMHO.

KC Elbows
02-28-2003, 10:42 AM
Understood. 'Comfortable thinking' might not be the3 best mindframe for a fighter, but to create a regimen that teaches how to endure, so that all challenges(not necessarily meaning challenge matches) are seen more as experiences to go through, instead of obstacles.

I also strongly believe in telling fighters "Do not judge another fighter by what others say about them or they say about themselves, but by their willingness to step up and test themselves, and their ability to keep it friendly and constructive."

ZIM
02-28-2003, 10:53 AM
understood as well. FWIW, i think you're way ahead of me then...I'm still being offended pretty regularly! LOL lots to work on...

Former castleva
02-28-2003, 10:56 AM
I guess you just bashed my argument.
Keep it clear&objective.

KC Elbows
02-28-2003, 11:06 AM
"understood as well. FWIW, i think you're way ahead of me then...I'm still being offended pretty regularly! LOL lots to work on..."

Tell me about it. Lately, my footwork has been really good, but my handwork hasn't been taking enough advantage of it.