PDA

View Full Version : Jeet Kune Do Leadership Workshop

watchdog
02-28-2003, 10:26 AM
I am pleased to announce that fellow JKD instructor Jeff Scharlin and I will be holding a Jeet Kune Do Leadership Workshop on June 7-8 in Gardena (Los Angeles County), California. This one-of-a-kind workshop will provide students with a comprehensive overview of the "total" art of JKD. The workshop is geared towards developing leaders who can understand and practice JKD at a high level, as well as developing future instructors who can properly pass on the art of JKD.

Anyone interested in more information should e-mail me (David Cheng) at watchdogg1@juno.com. I will e-mail back full details via a Microsoft word file attachment.

rogue
02-28-2003, 10:30 AM
Which version of the total art?

Taomonkey
02-28-2003, 10:31 AM
or just send a check to the world Jeet Kun Do Federation, and you too can be a master in 3 easy steps. Sorry guys no offense directed to you, since I do not know you or your teacher, but a major problem I see with JKD these days is there is no LEADER, just a shirtload of sifu's. There is one organization leejkd.com in particular like that. pay your dime skip your time.

DragonzRage
02-28-2003, 11:15 AM
rogue has a valid question. Which JKD school of thought are you guys coming from? I think it'd be great if all JKD masters from all schools of thought got together for some sort of leadership discussion. If I may offer a bit of constructive criticism, i think you guys need to decide what JKD is all about. Because as it stands now, it has no direction and one JKD instructor's opinion of what the true way of JKD is can be completely opposite from another's. I don't know if JKD is supposed to be Bruce Lee's techniques and philosophy, "scientific streetfighting", MMA, or a hodgepodge of Filipino MA, Silat, Muay Thai, stickfighting and any other exotic style of MA that we might discover. Its pretty confusing.

watchdog
02-28-2003, 12:18 PM
Hello all,
Yes, I agree that the state of JKD is very confused these days with various interpretations around. My workshop is going to focus on the "original" or pre-1973 material as passed on from Dan Inosanto to my direct instructor, Chris Kent. I don't think there's any real dispute that that material constitutes "JKD" (although some prefer to call it Jun Fan Gung Fu). Hope that answers your questions.

watchdog
02-28-2003, 12:18 PM
Hello all,
Yes, I agree that the state of JKD is very confused these days with various interpretations around. My workshop is going to focus on the "original" or pre-1973 material as passed on from Dan Inosanto to my direct instructor, Chris Kent. I don't think there's any real dispute that that material constitutes "JKD" (although some prefer to call it Jun Fan Gung Fu). Hope that answers your questions.