PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone in NYC checked out these Vee Arnis Jitsu guys?

carly
02-28-2003, 12:07 PM
http://www.veearnisjitsu.com/professors.htm
http://www.veearnisjitsu.com/

Taomonkey
02-28-2003, 12:16 PM
Professor Vee was one bad arsed Pinoy. Dont know the Professor B guy, but Moses Malone or Moses Powell, I cant remember his last name but he ia a very well known Jujitsu guy was one of Prof. V's students and is an incredible MA'ist. There is some footage of Prof. V. in that Bruce Lee tribute/chuck norris tape.
The Warrior Within. Great film.

shaolinboxer
02-28-2003, 01:13 PM
It's very high energy. Go check out a class.

'MegaPoint
02-28-2003, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Taomonkey
Professor Vee was one bad arsed Flip. Dont know the Professor B guy, but Moses Malone or Moses Powell, I cant remember his last name but he ia a very well known Jujitsu guy was one of Prof. V's students and is an incredible MA'ist. There is some footage of Prof. V. in that Bruce Lee tribute/chuck norris tape.
The Warrior Within. Great film.

You Tulsa Country-A$$ed Steer Stroker. Don't be a Stereotypical, Redneck-A$$ed KKKracker!!! Watch what the f u ck you say. The pure white bread (oh they think they're pure) in America is an endangered animal.

If you are Pinoy then you're a friggin' putang ena mo!! People like you make all 'Kanos look bad. Use the right side of your brain instead of going against the grain. Come correct and protect yo' neck!

Kinjit
02-28-2003, 05:47 PM
:confused:

Taomonkey
03-01-2003, 12:47 PM
MP
Dude you should see a doctor about getting that bug out of your a.ss Bakwan

Mahal Kita

shaolin kungfu
03-01-2003, 05:17 PM
I'm confused. What prompted that reaction, mp? And doesn't your profile say that you are calm and collected?

Skarbromantis
03-02-2003, 10:38 PM
"Professor Vee was one bad arsed Flip"

The term "Flip" I think is what set him off.

Skard1

Stranger
03-03-2003, 06:02 AM
I think Moses Powell is the correct name of the jujutsu instructor. Moses Malone was a center for the Philadelphia 76ers.

Taomonkey
03-03-2003, 10:46 AM
Yes Moses Powell, thats him, very honorable man, and impressive 1 finger rolls for such a big guy.

Oh and my other post is now more PC.

'MegaPoint
03-03-2003, 05:12 PM
Yeah the "flip" comment is not cool, calm or collected so I reacted in the same manner. Think before you speak.

Still you did give the cat Prof. Vee, kudos. Bahala na pare. No worries, you corrected yourself. Sariwa! Freshhhhhh!!!

I am still imperturbable, albeit human.:)

Kinjit
03-03-2003, 06:36 PM
WHAT? All filipino people I know say "flip" all the time... Are you saying it's the filipino version of nigg-a, only filipinos may use it? :p

Taomonkey
03-04-2003, 09:36 AM
Kinjit, some poeple are just sen-sa-tive. Did I fly off the wall at this guys assumption that I was a white bread cracker, or him Assuming that everyone in Oklahoma is a how did he put it. Steer strokin redneck. The term Flip is used by many of my Filippino friends, in the past some whites (in California) tried to use it like the big N word, but it didnt stick. personally I think MP has issues since he flew off the handel like that or he may just be hot blooded. Either way me no care. I have the utmost respect for Pro. Vee, or any other Filippino master. Heck I'll give you kudos if you can do single sinwalli and not look like the average TKD/Kali disco sinwalli guy. At first the average westerner would look at the old masters like Professor Vee and assume they are old, short, small, weak, and an easy prey. But look out, they are some of the most dangerous individuals on the planet. And if they have their cane, you just better run.

carly
03-04-2003, 12:18 PM
"I'll give you kudos if you can do single sinwalli and not look like the average TKD/Kali disco sinwalli guy..."
What do these guys all look like?

SwaiingDragon
03-04-2003, 02:07 PM
back to the original thread....

I've sparred with some of Prof. V's students while the school was temp. closed a while back.

They were tough, skilled and well mannered...

It's not my thing...but i'd definitely try the class....

(btw - in the northeast "flip" is a common, non- offensive term--it may be different were you're are from--)

carly
03-04-2003, 02:10 PM
Thanks for returning the thread to its subject and for the info. They really get high marks from everyone who has seen them.