PDA

View Full Version : Would you buy instructional Mike Tyson tapes?

IronFist
03-01-2003, 02:10 PM
That'd be cool. I'd buy them.

IronFist

Fred Sanford
03-01-2003, 02:42 PM
how to bite off ears, learn Mike Tysons world renowned technique.

TzuChan
03-01-2003, 03:10 PM
No respect for that mofo

Royal Dragon
03-01-2003, 03:11 PM
No. Other than some sort of freakish natural born "Biter's" instinct, Tyson does not have anything any other boxer don't have.

IronFist
03-01-2003, 03:39 PM
Mike Tyson's Punchout for NES was awesome.

IronFist

SevenStar
03-01-2003, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Royal Dragon
No. Other than some sort of freakish natural born "Biter's" instinct, Tyson does not have anything any other boxer don't have.

When he was younger? yeah he did.

old jong
03-01-2003, 06:45 PM
Mike is like a trained dog! (He bites,you know!) He had the good luck to have a good trainer who treated him like a son and tailored a style perfect for his physical and...Mental capacities.
A dog could not teach or train other dogs.;)

Royal Dragon
03-01-2003, 09:44 PM
Even when he was younger, what did he have that other boxers didn't besides natural speed and strength, and maybe a more intensified killer instinct?

Technically, I was never impressd with Tyson. It's his physical attributes and a slight touch of insanity that made him.

SevenStar
03-01-2003, 09:53 PM
his movement was excellent. He could waltz in and out of ranges like the wind. For that one reason combined with his phenomenal punching power, the old Tyson woulda ate Lennox alive.

Royal Dragon
03-01-2003, 10:14 PM
True, but those are thing's all Boxers have. Tyson had them in abundance due purey to natural talent. It's not like you would get that from a tape by him over a tape by anyone else. Your born with it, or your not. At best, IF you have it a good coach can bring it out. If you DON'T, it really does not matter who coaches you, your not going to have it.

When learning from a video, it's even harder because you have to self coach. if you have natural talent, you will do better of course. But even then all you can do is pick up techinque, and Tyson never had any techniques that every boxer on the planet did not also have. He just did them really well.

If anyting, i'd pop the $$ for some of his old fight footage long before an instructional tape.

SevenStar
03-01-2003, 10:47 PM
I agree with that to some extent - that's not something every fighter has. Etienne is a good recent example. his mobility is far less than great. Due to boxing's "limited" set of techniques and movements, every boxer should have them but not all of them do and of those that do, not all of them do them well.