PDA

View Full Version : Roy Jones The Heavy

grifter721
03-02-2003, 12:07 AM
ROY JONES JR. Is THE HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMP OF THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!
Roy Jones is the MAN at Boxing!

KungFuGuy!
03-02-2003, 01:43 AM
Yeah, he's fun to watch. The whole bar was cheering for him.
How much weight did he put on to fight in heavyweight? It's barely noticable, except in the face.

grifter721
03-02-2003, 01:58 AM
175-193ones
Ruiz lost some weight,down to 223.

Liokault
03-02-2003, 02:46 AM
Grrr I lost money on that fight!!!

SevenStar
03-02-2003, 09:36 AM
I didn't catch the fight. If he fought like he did at he previous class though (all of the showboating) he's gonna have to stop showboating and box in the heavies. If he can do that though, yeah, he'll do good.

grifter721
03-02-2003, 03:05 PM
See the this about Roy is that he is a SMART fighter, he fights smart in teh first few rounds to test his opponents skill then once he realises that they are no competition to him he just offloads on them, and does a pretty good job of it. His showboating is totally his style, you cant tell me of anothe rboxer that showboats liek Jones and doesnt or hasnt gotten beat for it....Zab Judah, got his ass kncoked out by Tyzu, Naseem Hamed, got his ass knocked out by Barerra. Jones is in a class all by himself and he wont still fight in teh Heavyweight class, he knows its suicide! He would have to fight Vitali Klitchko for teh WBA championship in 180 days if he stays, and Vitali aint no Johnny Ruiz.
But you should catch the fight Seven if you can, you liek muay thai and all that you will always enjoy watching Jones fight, he ia amazin. By the way why do you call yourself Seven Star?

SevenStar
03-02-2003, 03:12 PM
hopefully I can download it. If not, it'll be on either showtime or hbo in about a month. Showboating is definitely his style, but I dunno how it'll hold up in the heavies. Hopefully good though - I'm actually a fan of his.

As for my name - I just think it sounds cool. I spent about 4 years in longfist after muay thai and before grappling. Mantis and tiger have always interested me, so I thought SevenStar was a cool name for me. :)