PDA

View Full Version : floor to ceiling or speed ball

maccajim
03-02-2003, 07:37 PM
Looking at buying a floor to ceiling ball or speed ball.
What does everyone recommend as can only afford one at the moment.

I guess i would rather the accuracy better hand to eye with the floor to ceiling ? Has anyone got any training methods suited to each to improve hand to eye speed accuracy of punches hitting moving target?
Thanks for any help

DuLayLoMo
03-03-2003, 06:11 AM
I think the speed bag is good to build accurate punching and coordination when taught by an experience boxing coach. If you dont learn from an experienced teacher, then you are wasting your time. I have learned from a boxing coach from Gleason boxing gym and i can tell you it is not easy to hit the speed bag correctly. Best of luck.

CD Lee
03-04-2003, 09:41 AM
I would get the floor to ceiling bag if you are not boxing with a coach. Plus, boxers use them too. The bag is great for learning how hard it is to hit a moving target, and what your see, throw, contact reaction time is. Basically if I watch the bag as it swings, I have big problems hitting it. If I soft focus and do not look right at the bag, I can nail it successively over and over. Sifu taught me that.

Cheese Dog
03-04-2003, 01:49 PM
Personally, I would go with the double-end bag. Great for training accuracy and slipping skills!

The speed bag is alot of fun though, and is good for developing muscle endurance in the arms and shoulders.