PDA

View Full Version : West Coast Iron Palm Practitioners

dfedorko@mindspring.com
03-03-2003, 07:26 AM
Iron Palm Practitioners -

The 8th Iron Palm conference is being held in San Francisco this year. It will be held at the Maxwell hotel from March 21 - 23, 2003. Master Brian Gray, a most controversial figure, will be heading the conference. Come to share and learn. Hope to see you there.

herb ox
03-05-2003, 09:39 PM
Any word on who else is going to be there? Or where I can find more info?

dfedorko@mindspring.com
03-06-2003, 06:43 AM
You can go to his website briangray.com. All the info is there. Have a good day.

herb ox
03-06-2003, 04:05 PM
Thank you for your prompt reply. Sounds like an interesting event... I am a bit confused by the pricing scheme, but it seems like a good deal anyway. Initially I was bummed because I thought I missed the March 1st deadline for cheaper admission (http://briangray.com/ipseminar.htm) but I see I still qualify for the early bird ($99) pricing if I register before November 30, 2003.

Is Master Gray's Dit Da recipe included in the seminar?

Once again, thanks for your info.

herb ox

dfedorko@mindspring.com
03-07-2003, 08:31 AM
Master Gray does give out his recipe at the conference and there will be a discussion on herbs and liniments that will be of interest. Hope to see you there. Have a good day.

wiz cool c
03-08-2003, 11:48 AM
What style of kung fu did Brain Gray study?

dfedorko@mindspring.com
03-08-2003, 12:30 PM
I know Master Gray is a Yang Stylist in Tai Chi Chuan and teaches Shaolin Gung Fu. Have a good day.

fiercest tiger
03-09-2003, 12:06 AM
isnt his formula in his book?

what style of shaolin is it and who is his teacher....

thanks
FT

dfedorko@mindspring.com
03-09-2003, 02:35 PM
The formula is in his second publication, "The Advanced Iron Palm" and the answer to your second question I cannot answer. Have a good week.

fiercest tiger
03-09-2003, 08:34 PM
You cant give me an answer or you dont know the answer?

cheers
FT

dfedorko@mindspring.com
03-10-2003, 05:31 AM
I don't know the answer. Have a good week.

herb ox
03-10-2003, 11:50 AM
I'd be curious as well to find out Master Gray's Shaolin lineage...

dfedorko@mindspring.com
03-10-2003, 01:09 PM
You can go to shaolinsan.com or correspondance@briangray.com and find out for yourselves. Have a good week.

herb ox
03-11-2003, 12:02 AM
Okay, so I checked out the site - he cites learning from a friend at age 10 followed by some other friends from Bejing... but I am still curious... nowhere on the website does he list who his Sifu(s) was. So, I guess that must be why he's "Grandmaster"... since there's no one who ranks above him?

dfedorko@mindspring.com
03-11-2003, 04:17 AM
I have known Master Gray for eight years and in those eight years I have seen him perform. He is the real deal. He has been teaching, at least, 40 years.

When I recommended the website to you, I wanted you to see what was going on in his kwoon. He is busy all the time. He keeps his students very active. Maybe you should get up close and personal with one of his instructors and he just might fill you in on what you desire to know.

Bottom line - lineage is not important (to me). It is what a person does, who he is and how he conducts himself. Grandmaster Brian Gray has inspired me, motivated me and given me reasons to stay in the martial arts. To put aside the "warrior" and become a "healer". Have a good day herb ox.

John Newberry
04-13-2003, 05:51 PM
I agree with dfe****o@mindspring.com I to have had the chance to train and learn from Master Gray. He is everything dfe****o@mindspring.com has said. His Martial skill is GREAT!! His knowlage of Iron Palm is second to none. I have known Master Gray for over 10 years now and he has alway deliverd the goods!
Have a GREAT one!!:)

phantom
04-15-2003, 01:25 PM
I enjoyed many of Master Gray's articles in "Inside Kung Fu" magazine. Some of his students have also done well in tournaments, so I guess that is a good sign.

dfedorko@mindspring.com
04-16-2003, 09:53 AM
Your comment is appreciated. Thanks.

dezhen2001
04-16-2003, 05:35 PM
i have never heard of brian gray? (im in UK). is the the same guy who fought chuck norris in the movie "sidekicks"? or am i completely confused? thought it looked like him? :confused:

good luck with the seminar anyway :)

dfedorko@mindspring.com
04-17-2003, 07:09 AM
Appreciate the comment but it is not the same person. You may look him up at the following websites:

briangray.com

shaolinsan.com

Thanks again and have a great day.

fiercest tiger
04-20-2003, 04:24 AM
Brian Gray is up on sex charges on one of his male students!

Is this REAL?

dezhen2001
04-20-2003, 10:05 AM
ok thanks, i just saw a few pics and it reminded me of him - they both have similar hairstyle and outfit in that movie :)

dawood

herb ox
04-20-2003, 11:56 AM
Unfortunately, it does seem to be for real...

see fer yerself (http://www.delawareonline.com/newsjournal/local/2003/04/16kungfuexperthel.html)

(props to carly for the linkage)

dang...:(

dfedorko@mindspring.com
04-21-2003, 08:26 AM
What has happened, if it is true, will be very disappointing to me. I have learned so much about the Iron palm from Brian Gray. I'm sick.

Just returned from the Iron Palm conference about three weeks ago. We all had such a great time. I can't believe this has happened.
However, he sholud not be judged by anyone until the truth is known. Have a good week.

TaoBoxer
04-23-2003, 05:02 PM
I do not know brian gray personally, and I have very little knowledge of Iron Palm...... but I will pass along this info:

One of my closest friends and former teachers was from the Havre de Grace area in MD. He studied 5 Animal Shaolin under brian gray when he (my friend) was in highschool. At the time he says that gray was in his 20's, freshly out of college, and was even then refering to himself as "Master." My friend trained with him for a few years and said his Shao Lin was pretty good. After my teacher joined the Army he had become exposed to Ba Gua and while home on leave, pretty much schooled the whole Kwoon. My friend had implied several times that brian gray was not heterosexual, and had made overtures to some of the younger male students.

A second friend who is currently an Iron Palm practitioner and is trained in Chinese Herbology and TCM has reviewed brian grays formula and said that the IP Jow he sells is little more than standard hit medicine and has little or no IP value.

Take it for what it's worth.....

Vapour
04-23-2003, 05:51 PM
I should add to the previous comment. ****sexuality is not the issue here. Issue is the consent.

Vapour
04-23-2003, 05:53 PM
Gosh h*o*m*o is a banned word in this forum, it seems.

dfedorko@mindspring.com
04-24-2003, 03:30 AM
May I give my two cents. I would like to say a little about Gray's jow. His jow is very theraputic. I gave the recipe to a herbalist friend of mine and he told me it is one of the most balanced jows he has seen.

Gray's jow is powerful: good for many ailments. I have the testamonials of people I have helped with the jow.

Gray's jow is good for Iron Palm but there are better. Have a good day.