PDA

View Full Version : Plea for sanity

Sandman2[Wing Chun]
03-04-2003, 10:34 PM
Look, in order for this forum to work properly, civility is important. In fact, it's probably the most important thing you can remember to do on here. There is so little need for the threads to degenerate into the petty bickering that they so often do.

Is there really any need for excessive sarcasm and caustic remarks? Does that really help anything, convince anyone of anything, or really DO any thing other than rile people up? Not really. And saying something really rude and then following it with a smilie doesn't really fool anyone.

Is there really any point in being so sensitive to the comments of others? Come on folks, don't take everything said on here so seriously. For crying out loud, it's an INTERNET MESSAGE FORUM, not a matter of life or death. I've actually been threatend with legal action for deleting a thread, by someone who doesn't even live in the same hemisphere as me! Get a grip folks!

And because I'm sure you think this doesn't apply to you personally, let me just say that unless you are one of a couple of people that come to mind, YOU PERSONALLY have engaged in this behavior at some point if you post at all on here.

Please, stop and think about this before you post something. Alright? Please?!?!