PDA

View Full Version : New TV Program - thoughts?

Hai_To
03-05-2003, 10:31 AM
Here is a new series on the WB, starring Russel Wong. Will it last? I saw a commercial for it last night. It looked like they were doing Bagua. It might be interesting just to see that aspect.

http://www.thewb.com/Shows/Show/0,7353,||1263,00.html

yenhoi
03-05-2003, 11:20 AM
The Commercial last night (I saw it during smallville) looked badass.

Probably wont turn out badass, but its the thought that counts right?

:)

Felipe Bido
03-05-2003, 12:40 PM
It's Bagua mixed with Wushu for good looks.

Tim Cartmell is the Bagua advisor (he's one of the guys that fall), so that will ensure some good bagua techniques at least. (If the wushu part doesn't take much space)

Surferdude
03-05-2003, 03:42 PM
Nice!!!!:) I hope theres some good fight scenes!!!:D
Or maybe some crazy street fighting where the guy attacks but the victim just blocks alll of his attacks and throws him across a room
That'd be sick!!!:D

firepalm
03-06-2003, 01:51 AM
Tim Cartmell only helped out with the initial teaching of some of the actors & consulted on the pilot of the series, which was first shot in LA. The series moved to Vancouver, at which point some of actors trained with a local Wushu instructor & then later Sam Masich in Bagua. Subsequently internal stylist Sam Masich did all of the Bagua technical consultant work for the fights. Do expect to see a lot of wushu as well, many of the stunt performers, fighters & background students came from a local wushu school in Vancouver.

Nonetheless it should be interesting to see, although I find the premise of a Bagua bounty hunter a little bit of a stretch.

;)

Stryder
03-06-2003, 10:56 AM
I can't remember where I read it now, but the guy that created survivor said he would be interested in doing a martial art reality show. I don't know if it will ever come to light, but if done properly could be pretty cool.

Black Jack
03-06-2003, 11:03 AM
Didn't Russel Wong have a old "tiger claw" tv show from the 90's that went tits up?

I wonder why exec's would think this one would do any better if its the same guy?

Former castleva
03-06-2003, 11:38 AM
Looks bad.

Waidan
03-06-2003, 11:59 AM
The story premiss sounds just gawd-awful. I expect it to be as cheesy as anything else on the WB, but I'll tune in to the premire to see if the fight scenes are worth watching.

Hai_To
03-07-2003, 08:40 AM
Black Jack,

Russel Wong starred in Vanishing Son back in the early 90s. It didn't last very long.

dezhen2001
03-07-2003, 08:44 AM
sounds kinda "only the strong"-ish.

dawood

PHILBERT
03-07-2003, 10:22 AM
We all know most of KFO will tune in for the first show to see how crappy it is. I bet it'll flop, probably make about 5 or 6 episodes, and bomb faster than U.S. forces on Afghanistan.