PDA

View Full Version : Rat Tuesday - Shaolin Deadheads only

GeneChing
03-05-2003, 10:34 AM
I: Drums > Jam > Shakedown > Baby Blues > Music Never Stopped* > Youngblood, Bombs Away, Lucky Enough > Music Never Stopped* > Eyes*
II: El Paso, Masterpiece* > Half-Step > Playin* > Jam* > Bury Me Standing* > Scarlet*, Aiko*, Lady With a Fan > Terrapin > Corrina > At a Siding > Terrapin Flyer
E: Brokedown Palace
*-w/ Norton Buffalo (harmonica)

The Stanford Marching band openned with some traditional New Orleans music plus UJB.

The first set was pretty unengaging. The second set was better - masterpiece was stranging poignent and the Terrapin cycle with Corrina in the middle was ambitious and enjoyable.

norther practitioner
03-05-2003, 03:30 PM
Stinkin' hippies.

Just not the same without Jerry now is it.

bodhitree
03-06-2003, 08:16 AM
The Dead lead to serenity/love compassion. Glad to see other martial arts heads

GeneChing
03-06-2003, 10:04 AM
np- It was never the same. That was the whole point. Squares never get that. :p

bt- Welcome Shaolin Deadhead brother! We are everywhere. :D
Have you read Zig Zag Zen (http://www.zigzagzen.com/)? I just finished it a few weeks ago. I beleive it's one of the most recent important works in American Buddhism - check it out!

bodhitree
03-06-2003, 11:13 AM
I will have to try to look for zig zag zen. I dont know anything about American Buddhism, I 've only read from traditional authors.
I would like to suggest that this web site add a forum for Gung Fu spirituality, being spirituality is such an important part of CMA.
"I'll get up and fly away" Robert Hunter , Wharf Rat

GeneChing
03-06-2003, 07:15 PM
...but we have way too many forums here already. Most of the spirituality thread appear on the Shaolin forum or the Internal one. And of course, here ;)