PDA

View Full Version : A big apology and a couple of replies.

flavour54
03-05-2003, 04:17 PM
i am very sorry for a grand mistake I have made in a different thread and have found myself digging up my copy of "Complete Wing Chun" , by Robert Chu, Rene Ritchie and Y. Wu and have figured out that I made a terribly big error in the information I gave in another thread about who William Chueng learnt hos footwork with. See, I haven't set foot into the kwoon for over 2 years. I studied Wing Chun for a little over 2 years in the same system to Anerlich but at a different school. I got a little disillusioned with Wing Chun as I grew to dislike a few egos in the school and my Sifus attitude and consequently left. This is why I'm very reluctant to say where I trained as I would not like it to reflect on Rick Spain as from what I've heard he is a very respectable character. I wish I had the opportunity to train at your school Anerlich but I probably never will. However this is why I keep my identity secret just in case I do get that oppotunity. In the mean tome I wouldn't mind finding a boxing gym or a good jeet kune do school in the area where I livewhich I will do.The big sorry goes the whole Wing Chun community and especially Rene Ritchie. for misquoting things I heard about William Chuengs ancestory . I was actually refering to someone out of the Hung Suen lineage being Chueng Ng. I have no idea whether its true or not but THATS definetly what I heard.
Once again a big apology to all.

anerlich
03-05-2003, 08:37 PM
flavour,

I remember that thread, I took your comments as at worst honest mistakes - maybe even as some facts I'd not heard before. Certainly I didn't see anything to take offense at.

Sorry your experience in our organisation was not to your liking. As a part time instructor at the HQ kwoon, I hope I never came or will come across to any student in that way. This is certainly not an attitude my Sifu exhibits, nor one he encourages.

There are a few stories floating around about from whom Sigung got his footwork from, but AFAIK he personally has never strayed from the orginal "secret training In Traditional WC with Yip Man" story.