PDA

View Full Version : a whole BUNCH of new (fake) mantis styles for you!

carly
03-06-2003, 03:07 PM
Fred Sanford
+
"carradine helped create that new art called 9 palm mantis it's the shiznit.

http://w3.blackbeltmag.com/featurec...asp?article=230
lets see, we gots:
line mantis
casting mantis
vortex mantis
gyro mantis
upstream mantis
hurricane mantis
shadow mantis
empty mantis
implosion mantis"

Tainan Mantis
03-06-2003, 05:22 PM
It is Nine Psalms.
As in the book of the bible.

Palms was a misprint, most likely deliberate, by some editor.

carly
03-06-2003, 06:17 PM
AT the moment this thread has a 33-1 lurker to poster ratio!

B.Tunks
03-07-2003, 05:14 AM
I'll post.
Straight up, this vortex hurricane ruptured imploding bowel 'mantis' is a huge pile of s.h.i.t!
Excuse my language, for those that are offended.
B.T

RAYNYSC
03-11-2003, 07:46 PM
What! How dare you insult Master Carradine's made-up Mantis :rolleyes: Don't you guys know he's a Shaolin Monk haven't you seen him in Kung Fu you know on T.V. lol....
Thanks for the laugh guy's I thought I was the only one that know he was full of BS....:D

Peace

ninjaboy
03-12-2003, 06:32 PM
i have to admit when i first read the article a few years ago i certainly had my reservations about it's relevance. however, in all fairness, this past summer i had an opportunity to meet the man who was responsible for 'assembling' these ideas. this man was sifu rob moses, not david carradine...however...

first off, the article left many question marks in my head, all of which were answered over the course of a couple days spent together at a seminar here in ontario, canada.

sifu rob moses is a talented, knowledgeable and interesting guy. despite your personal thoughts concerning the quality of the article or thoughts regarding a legitimate creation of a 'new' style of mantis, i understand and respect your questions and concerns....i have similar thoughts. all i can say is i thoroughly enjoyed the discussions he and i had and i feel richer for the experience.

i'm sure he would gladly entertain any questions anyone has about the article.

sincerely,
neil armstrong

ShaolinMantis
03-18-2003, 05:46 PM
Ninjaboy, that was well said, glad to see someone, "empty their cup" ( get the facts) before they make a judgement...

Stacey
03-18-2003, 08:26 PM
howz this for a judgement. I've seen Caradine move. Using internal, I could kick Caradine's drunken sorry ass. A liver punch would do him in.