PDA

View Full Version : 100 pushups

KungFuGuy!
03-06-2003, 11:34 PM
Can someone link that guide that explains the quickest way to being able to do 100 pushups?
Thanks in advance.

GunnedDownAtrocity
03-07-2003, 03:35 AM
wierd cause i was just wondering the same thing. i was heading to bed but couldnt do it until i figured out how many pushups i should be doing tomorrow. search is your friend ...

Pavel's "Hit the Deck" Push-up program
The program outlined below is fairly self-explanatory. Just drop and do the specified percentage of your last personal best at given time intervals during the day. For instance if you managed 50 push-ups on you test, do 25 on the day that calls for 50% relative intensity. On Mondays, test yourself for one set and do easy sets for the rest of the day. As you see the time intervals are fairly frequent and you may not be able to do them at that frequency, I was told not to sweat it if you miss a few through out the day as long as you try to get in as many as you can. They also recommend that you do no other upper-body work with the exception of pull-ups or chin-ups.
There are two programs, and I'll outline both of them.

The first program goes like this:

"Hit the Deck Program":
Week 1: Relative Intensity: Set Frequency:
Monday 100% (test); 30% (remainder of day) 60 minutes
Tuesday 50% 60 minutes
Wednesday 60% 45 minutes
Thursday 25% 60 minutes
Friday 45% 30 minutes
Saturday 40% 60 minutes
Sunday 20% 90 minutes

Week 2: Relative Intensity: Set Frequency:
Monday 100% (test); 35% (remainder of day) 45 minutes
Tuesday 55% 20 minutes
Wednesday 30% 15 minutes
Thursday 65% 60 minutes
Friday 35% 45 minutes
Saturday 45% 60 minutes
Sunday 25% 120 minutes

Week 3:
Monday 100% (test)

"Drop and Give me 100 Push-Ups Program":
Week 1: Relative Intensity: Set Frequency:
Monday 100% (test); 40% (remainder of day) 60 minutes
Tuesday 50% 30 minutes
Wednesday 70% 45 minutes
Thursday 40% 60 minutes
Friday 80% 60 minutes
Saturday 55% 90 minutes
Sunday 20% 90 minutes

Week 2: Relative Intensity: Set Frequency:
Monday 100% (test); 90% (remainder of day) 120 minutes
Tuesday 45% 60 minutes
Wednesday 20% 10 minutes
Thursday 65% 90 minutes
Friday 75% 60 minutes
Saturday 30% 90 minutes
Sunday 15% 120 minutes

Week 3:
Monday 100% (test)

Well, this is the program in a nutshell. I'm not going to go over the proper way to do push ups with you obviously, but they recommend doing them so your arms are out (just like Bench Press) and do it on the knuckles (instead of push up bars or the palms of your hand). Let me know if you have any questions in regards to this.

Hope this helps.
KG

GunnedDownAtrocity
03-07-2003, 03:37 AM
...... found it on this thread:

http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=15660&perpage=15&highlight=pushups&pagenumber=2

found another one on another thread:

http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Field/4992/100push.html

this is people eating poop:

http://www.scat.com

actually if you just do a search for pushups it seems to come up with a lot of good threads.

Kempo Guy
03-07-2003, 10:43 AM
I would recommend density training. Since your goal is to do 100 consecutive push-ups I will use this as an example. You should only do this particular workout 2 -3 times per week.

First, you need to double the amount of reps, which in this instance is 200. So, you can start with 20 sets of 10 reps in 20 minutes. This means you should start a new set every minute (you may need a little more time as you get to higher number of reps). Once this gets easy, do 17 sets of 12 reps in 17 minutes. Once this is easy, do 15 sets of 14 reps in 15 minutes, etc. etc. As you can see, the rest periods gets shorter and shorter as you advance. You can keep this going until you feel strong enough to do 100 in a row.

Hope this helps.

KG

rubthebuddha
03-07-2003, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by GunnedDownAtrocity
http://www.scat.com[/url]
i was THIIIIIIIIIIS close to deleting this link, and then i tested it to make sure you weren't teasing us. honestly, GDA, that was one of the funniest things i've seen in ages. i don't even care that i've been duped.

one problem -- i know a couple users who will be disappointed when they try the link with certain expectations. :eek:

GunnedDownAtrocity
03-07-2003, 01:41 PM
hehe ... there is a completely poop unrelated scat.net as well. i wonder if these compaines/organizations know what their acronmy means in this day and age.

Suntzu
03-07-2003, 01:46 PM
GDA is a sick lil genious… he would make a helava movie villian…

Mr. Bao
03-08-2003, 05:00 PM
One of the quickly ways of doing 100 push ups is actually doing push ups. Get the power push up II and cycle your load and volume by using this tool. Within three months time, you will do 100 push ups or do push ups with 50 to 100 lbs on your back.

GunnedDownAtrocity
03-09-2003, 03:02 AM
that's nice but im poor, hit the deck is free, and i'm sure it works.

Serpent
03-09-2003, 04:13 PM
Why not just keep doing push ups every chance you get every day until you can do 100? If your arms really hurt, then take a day off.

Worked for me! ;)

KungFuGuy!
03-09-2003, 05:14 PM
Thanks for the help all.

Serpent, for the last couple weeks I've been pretty much doing that, but I seemed to have capped off at the point I'm at now. I figure if I stick to a plan, instead of just doing them whenever I'm in the mood, I'll get better results.

Serpent
03-09-2003, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by KungFuGuy!
Thanks for the help all.

Serpent, for the last couple weeks I've been pretty much doing that, but I seemed to have capped off at the point I'm at now. I figure if I stick to a plan, instead of just doing them whenever I'm in the mood, I'll get better results.

Interesting. Let us know how you go with different programs.

buksing_king
03-12-2003, 02:20 AM
Hey GDA would you be able to go over the "hit the deck" program a little more ? I mean does it end after 2 weeks and then cycle again ?

Also do you know what type of frquency one should be doing these push-ups at? like as fast as you can ? or just a steady rythm, thanks in advance for any replies

Kempo Guy
03-12-2003, 09:34 AM
b_k,
I'd recommend you cycling it with another workout program, i.e. do the 'hit the deck' for two weeks, then move on to another program for a couple of weeks (you could for instance do PtP or KB). I don't recommend re-cycling the 'hit the deck' program back to back.

Also, I don't recommend doing the push-ups as fast as you can (you'll end up bouncing, i.e cheating). Do them controlled at for instance a 4-count (a 2-count up, then two down), it's harder that way. :D

KG

yenhoi
03-12-2003, 11:25 AM
There is 100pushup threads (maybe GDA's links??) on this forum.

I used the "100-pushup program." It worked for me, about 1 year ago, maybe 1 and a half.

:eek:

KungFuGuy!
03-21-2003, 09:54 PM
Unfortunately I had to stop the program due to injury. I was playing hockey last thursday and took a puck to my arm, no big deal at the time. The next day the program required for 45% every half an hour. I notice after about 10 sets my arm was bothering me, it felt like the bone in my upper bicep area was weakening. I foolishly played through the pain and got off 19 sets total, but I just had to stop after that. Here's my progress:

week one
monday
test = 40
rep of 12 every 60 minutes
amount of reps completed: 11

tuesday
rep of 20 every 60 minutes
amount of reps completed: 12

wednesday
rep of 24 every 45 minutes
amount of reps completed: 17

thursday
rep of 10 every 60 minutes
amount of reps completed: 8

Friday
rep of 18 every 30 minutes
amount of reps completed: 19

I held off until monday, hoping my arm would feel better enough to start it back up. Unfortunately I had to quit during the test, the pain was too great. I quit around the 40 mark and although my bone felt like it was going to snap, my muscles didn't feel very tired. I think I could have done quite a few more, which tells me the program works very well.
Due to the physical nature of my job I agrivate the injury daily, so it's going to be a while before I heal and am able to restart the program.

Guile
03-26-2003, 11:20 PM
Hey, I started to do the hit the deck program, and its my second day, feels great, but I noticed on the area between my shoulder and bicep one of my strech marks is blood red. Is that bad??
It doesnt hurt at all.:confused:

uki
07-27-2009, 09:23 AM
meh... what a laugh... one of my mason co-workers, who is not into martial arts at all, does 400 push ups a day simply for exercise - don't mess with masons... we'll smash your head just because we can. :D

Oso
07-29-2009, 10:04 AM

this is people eating poop:

http://www.scat.com

actually if you just do a search for pushups it seems to come up with a lot of good threads.

lmao....some pre-ban GDA ;)

solo1
07-29-2009, 10:19 AM
http://hundredpushups.com/