PDA

View Full Version : your form videos

germpest
03-07-2003, 02:42 PM
do any of you have any forms, digital clips of your self I can watch, maybe on your website or something? I'm interested in seeing what other styles look like. or even techniques. although all are techniques were developed off of the forms, that arises another question, is this similar to your styles? thanks

Suntzu
03-07-2003, 02:43 PM
knock yourself out.... click below...

germpest
03-07-2003, 02:47 PM
maybe i wasn't too clear, I meant without pads and things, and not competitions, and not boxing. like a hand to hand fight, as it would happen in life(without the contact) but throws and leverags, etc.

Suntzu
03-07-2003, 02:51 PM
they weren't "live" enuff for u... maybe a 2 man set would be better??? naw... we dont do that...

as it would happen in life(without the contact) but throws and leverags, etc. :rolleyes: WITHOUT CONTACT :rolleyes:

Water Dragon
03-07-2003, 02:53 PM
There's a thread on here right now of Royal Dragon sparring with Sevenstar. It's on the first or second page.

shaolin kungfu
Those clips were pretty good. What exactly are you looking for germpest?

germpest
I don't care about live. I'm moreso looking for one person practicing a form for himself. Or a weapon form would be nice also.

Suntzu
03-07-2003, 02:57 PM
go to wushucentral for the latest in Chinese ballroom dancing…… see ST00 and MP are bad influences man… I'll tell ya…

were is the sparring clip I wanna see…

thanks shaolin... they are a pain to make but worth it...

germpest
03-07-2003, 02:57 PM
shaolin kungfu - "Those clips were pretty good. What exactly are you looking for germpest?"

well a form, or a weapon form, I personally don't like sparring, or anything like competition, when it comes to Kung Fu that is.

Suntzu
03-07-2003, 02:59 PM
well a form, or a weapon form, I personally don't like sparring, or anything like competition, when it comes to Kung Fu that is. :eek: and with that... I bid you guys a good weekend...

shaolin kungfu
03-07-2003, 03:03 PM
How can you not like sparring? Besides being incredibly fun, it teaches you many valuable things.

germpest
03-07-2003, 03:14 PM
we don't spar in my studio. We have what we call our workout, unrehearsed practice, but we do not strike eachother, we strike 2 inches away with full force. we do leverages and throws and chokes to till tapout, except fromt he throws of course.

David Jamieson
03-07-2003, 03:20 PM
germpest-

it is likely that as you progress to more advanced levels of understanding, you will spar.

sparring is a necessity to understand the applications and the very nature of the martial aspect of martial arts.

Perhaps you don't spar in your studio because the students are too new?

How can one be considered a martial artist i they never get a chance to apply the techniques?

Kungfu training is a slow iteritave process and actual contact is taught eventually. Generally afetr 12 to 18 months in the more traditional schools, but sometimes much earlier depending on the exhibited readiness of the students.

cheers

shaolin kungfu
03-07-2003, 03:20 PM
We dont spar in my "studio" either(we do two man drills), but i find other people outside my school to spar with. Even if you can't use all the techniques in your art while sparring, it's still good to do to get used to fighting. How the hell do you strike full force but not land a punch?

germpest
03-07-2003, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Kung Lek
germpest-

How can one be considered a martial artist i they never get a chance to apply the techniques?

there are 6 degree, 2 masters(who workout with us),black, brown, yellow, belts currently going, so I don't see how the students could be too new.

we apply the techniques for hours, in groups of 2, 3, 4, or even 5 sometimes. our own little simulation of fighting so to speak, a mass attack so of the times.

where's the forms? anyone, have a martial arts that is strickly for offensive/defensive life or death situation, and have forms they practice on their computer for viewing?

David Jamieson
03-07-2003, 03:42 PM
ok, maybe I should rephrase.

but first, there are lot's of places out there that show forms.

1. www.fuhok.com has videotapes of hung gar forms

2.www.hungga.net has videos of hung gar

3.www.mts.net/~sillum/Index.htm has videos of southern shaolin

4.I will soon have videos but I do not have them as of yet, I'll keep ya posted though.

Finally, do you not have San Da (free style fighting or sparring) at all in your curicullum? Is this an insurance problem?

2 man drills are fine for refining and working techs. But the free style is where you will develop your second nature application of what you have learned in a dynamic environment.

Courtesy when sparring is a must. There must be an unspoken agreement to not bring harm to each other through malice and egoism, keeping in mind that sparring is a learning experience and not a competition.

Granted, there are many many many people out there in kwoons and dojos who do not understand that idea yet, but I imagine with time it will come.

Anyway, my point is that sparring or San da as it is called in Kungfu schools is absolutely necessary to the course of study.
Without it, you will not gain the knowledge of understanding true application in an environment that is not choreographed and that is ever testing your ability to act and react to the fluid situation.

cheers

germpest
03-07-2003, 03:58 PM
we apply the techniques for hours, in groups of 2, 3, 4, or even 5 sometimes. our own little simulation of fighting so to speak.
also, it is our free style, no one seems to understand.

"is not choreographed and that is ever testing your ability to act and react to the fluid situation."

that is a good description of what it is, still confused?
thanks for the links to the vidoes

ewallace
03-09-2003, 10:12 AM
we strike 2 inches away with full force
I'm kinda confused about that one germpest. Could you please elaborate?