PDA

View Full Version : ABC Worldwide News...Shaolin Village...

baji-boy
03-26-2001, 03:12 AM
Just to let everyone know, there was a report on "Shaolin Kung-Fu" (in response to Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon), on ABC Worldwide news Tonight. In it, they visited/showed footage from Shaolin Village. I was lucky enoguh to record it, but it wasn't really anything significant.

Also, on "S Club 7 Goes Wild"(?), 3 members of Sclub 7, went to Beijing, Chengdu, and Mt. Emei in today's episode. The 3 came to get a close up look on Panda's, and happened to stop by Mt. Emei to view the sunrise. They also tried "the ancient exercise" of Tai Chi. You can also see others pushing hands, and a man circle walking around a tree. Of course, for only a few seconds. But, I must say that Mt. Emei seems really...spectacular, from what they've shown.

BTW, S Club 7 is a British music group that has their own show, which in America, is on Fox Family. Of course, it's probably too late for anyone to see the 2 things I've just mentioned, but hey, I try! :D ;)

Boulder Student
03-26-2001, 03:45 AM
I thought it was kind of funny that they used footage and talked about the Shaolin Village. Crouching Tiger is a Taoist movie. They are talking about Taoist martial arts. The Green Dragon is a jian, typically the weapon of choice of a Wudang master. The stolen manual is from Wudang. The values are Taoist. They should have gone to Wudang. LOL

:D

One must toughen up without losing one's tenderness.

[This message was edited by Boulder Student on 03-26-01 at 05:54 PM.]

tanglangman
03-26-2001, 10:58 AM
ANd for those of you that are interested in S CLub 7 (and don't live in the UK), the three male members of the group were cautioned this week for possesion of Cannabis. Needless to say they are very sorry for what they have done (got caught) and have apologised to all their fans.

Anarcho
03-26-2001, 06:10 PM
If they're all using heavily, that would explain a lot. Imagine waking up from a drug-fueled rampage and finding out you'd been in S Club 7...Scary.

HopGar
03-26-2001, 07:45 PM
Isnt S Club 7 some gay tv show about some music group or something?

Zvika

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups."
-Despair.com

origenx
03-26-2001, 08:03 PM
baji-boy - SClub7 went to Mt Emei? Dang, is this tour due to the publicity around CT/HD? Sh*t, I'm jealous. I'm going to China in a week and really wanted to swing by the Chengdu/Emei area, but looks like we won't have time this trip! Those **** lucky lil' popstars!

What channel is/was that on? Cable or network?

baji-boy
03-26-2001, 11:00 PM
Actually, I read about that S Club 7 drug thing in the newspaper (USA Today), which had an "Asianization in America" front page article, also Crouching Tiger inspired... :D

About the TV show, it's on Fox Family, which is a cable station...sorry if I that didn't really tell you anything, my Sister was actually the one who told me it was on... ;) :D

brazilusa
12-20-2007, 11:44 PM
Hello, I am hoping someone might be able to help.

baji-boy sound slike he's from the near Detroit area. I'm In Farmington Hills, MI.