PDA

View Full Version : Fast exersizes

VoidNinja
03-07-2003, 09:12 PM
Can someone give me some effective but basic speed increasing exersizes, and i need help developing my overall reflex speed
thanks

davethedragon
03-10-2003, 06:06 AM
hello there

it depends in order to improve reflexes it would be useful to have a training partner

do you have anyone you train with?

VoidNinja
03-11-2003, 11:43 PM
yes i do have a partner. What should i do now?

yenhoi
03-13-2003, 10:39 AM
1) Hang paper: hang a piece of paper from a string in one corner at just the right punching height and punch it - try to break a hole in the paper without moving the paper.

2) Speed bag: buy a speed bag, hang it, have someone show you how to work it.

3) Sticks. Buy or make some sticks, work them all the time, focus on speed.

4) Shadowbox! Lots and lots of shadowboxing. Relax too.

5) Focus mitt drills. Lots and lots of focus mitt drills.

6) Sparring.

Need more?

7) Pushups

8) Plyometric pushups.

9) Lift heavy weights

10) stretch

11) lots of rest

12) eat well

:confused:

VoidNinja
03-23-2003, 12:49 AM
thankyou for the tips :)

VactsRachet
04-12-2003, 07:00 PM
I find repeating moves over and over increases their speed because you learn how to use them more effectively...this does pose some problems if you are trying to increase the speed of yourself overall

Its your choice, try to increase the speed of your slowest attacks.

Ben Thompson
04-13-2003, 03:39 PM
I learned of a coordination excercise from Lohon Kung Fu. First you start out in a natural stance. Then pick something small relatively close by and never let your eyes of it(represents opponent's eyes). Then leap out moving both legs forward while launching the lead hand forward(open, palm downward at throat or eye level, with rear hand at solar plex level held in the same manner as the lead), then stop in a cat stance. After that, burst backwards, bring the lead hand back to a closer, guard position (palm down, open)and finish in a cat stance. The rear hand remains the same. Then repeat the process several times with both the left and right leads.

If you can see through the above complication the excercise can be used in the morning to "wake" up your coordination and stimulate the nerves. It is designed to teach people to coordinate their eyes, hands and legs together as one, while developing balance.

StickyHands
04-20-2003, 01:59 PM
One question, how do you punch a hanging paper and make a hole through it and then not move it at all??

yenhoi
04-20-2003, 06:07 PM
Easy. Try it. If you move the paper, then you are pushing, not punching. Very simple, ever worked a heavy bag?

:eek:

StickyHands
04-20-2003, 07:10 PM
I thought when people use fist to "punch" they are using forward momentum to "push" their fist with high velocity, not pull. I mean huh??

Ben Thompson
04-20-2003, 08:30 PM
You might find it easier to finger strike through a piece of paper.:D

StickyHands
04-20-2003, 08:33 PM
Would that mean I can break anyone's face with a finger?? WOW, Im stronger than Bruce Lee!!!!:D BETTER WATCH OUT!

Cyborg
04-21-2003, 07:26 AM
No, he means this. When you strike a heavy bag does it tend to fold where you hit it or swing? It will swing some even if it folds obviously.

yenhoi
04-21-2003, 12:06 PM
Using your fingers would make it easier to make a hole without pushing the paper, smaller impact area if your on target........... hardly anyone trains regularly with their fingers, so most people wont be on target without practice.

Punching is not the same as pushing, and grabing is not the same as pulling..... Cyborg is correct.

:eek:

stubbs
05-13-2003, 06:29 AM
i cant do the paper thing. it just makes a really big paper slap sound and flaps about :( are there any videos of this that i can dowload so i can see a demo of it? seem's like a cool exercise
________
How To Roll A Joint (http://howtorollajoint.net/)

yenhoi
05-13-2003, 08:51 AM
Practice.

Vulnak and Bustillo have tapes with the paper drill.

:D