PDA

View Full Version : video clips for stick etc

Tainan Mantis
03-07-2003, 10:38 PM
http://www.rochesterkungfu.com/multimedia/brazier.html

Since there has been some stick discussion I have included this link with 2 person Quicktime stick clips.

The last three clips include the whip(short stick) and long stick.
These light weight wood weapons are for practice.
Supposedly the whip is iron or brass or very heavy wood.
Here all the sticks are rattan.

The empty hand clips where we wear a blue uniform are from my video production.
Details are on the Mantis section.

Also included is the basic method of "crossing the ocean" in mantis kung fu( wearing t-shirts) as well as two person jian from the Coiling Dragon sword set.

These empty hand drills are always practiced with gloves on except for in the film here so the viewers can see better what we are doing.

This is possible do to my friend Yingching and his student's computer skills.

NorthernMantis
03-09-2003, 10:50 AM
TTT

For those who want to see

Kinjit
03-09-2003, 12:21 PM
Cool... We do a similar sensitivity drills with western long-sword fencing. Do you have any knife or dagger drills in your art as well?

Oso
03-09-2003, 01:46 PM
very cool, we have some two man staff drills that are similar.

thanks

Stryder
03-10-2003, 09:43 AM
Looked at the Beng Shao clip and the woman in the clip looks like one of the black belts in our club. She got back from Taiwan late last year. I wonder if its possible hmmmm..

mantis108
03-10-2003, 03:08 PM
I believe she's from Edmonton. A Canadian working (teaching English?) in Taiwan. If I am not mistaken, her name is Robin. She would be back in Canada by now.

Mantis108

Stryder
03-10-2003, 03:44 PM
Thankyou mantis108 it is indeed Robin from our club then, tonight at our club I'll have to let her know that I saw her in some clips on the internet.

Tainan Mantis
03-11-2003, 07:50 PM
Stryder,
Did you ask Robin?
While she was in Taiwan she took the train to visit my class once or twice a day.
An extremely dedicated MArtist.
In her one year here she learned about 3 years worth of kung fu