PDA

View Full Version : Al Qaeda's Videotaped Scheme To Massacre Schoolkids

rogue
03-09-2003, 03:27 PM
Scary (http://www.nypost.com/news/worldnews/70259.htm)

Don't know how realistic the plan is but then two kids took over Columbine High School with less training.

Laughing Cow
03-09-2003, 04:06 PM
rogue.

I don't think that the training matters as much as doing the unexpected.

The most effective attacks and terrorism come from the unexpected, from what & where it is perceived harmless and safe.

There was an incident in japan where a guy walked into a primary school and started slashing kids and teachers.

Totally unexpected and out of the blue.

rogue
03-09-2003, 07:41 PM
LC. I agree, it's like some geeks flying a couple of airliners into some big buildings. Or more recently here some guy and a kid randomly picking off people at gas stations and hardware store parking lots. Most of our training as martial artists deal with situations where we have knowlage of our attackers intent at least a few seconds before hand, have plenty of distance to set up in and it assumes that we have the state of mind not to freeze. But it's next to impossible to practice for the unexpected in any kind of classroom. I believe that the only way to get conditioned to the unexpected is to do things where the unexpected may comeup. The hard part is finding those activities and situations but still having a good chance to come out alive.:)

Serpent
03-09-2003, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by rogue
I believe that the only way to get conditioned to the unexpected is to do things where the unexpected may comeup. The hard part is finding those activities and situations but still having a good chance to come out alive.:)

So this forum isn't too bad a place to start then. ;)