PDA

View Full Version : Question about US nightclubs.

Laughing Cow
03-09-2003, 07:38 PM
Hi All.

Just a quick question after reading the following NEWS (http://edition.cnn.com/2003/US/Northeast/03/09/arcade.shooting.ap/index.html).

Now it has been a few years since I visited a nightclub or a Disco (getting too old & stiff).

But isn't it customary for Visitors to be searched(patted down) and/or atleast to be required to hand in firearms & other weapons at the door.

Everytime I used to visit a Club we were patted down for weapons and either told to beat it or hand them in if one was found.

This also ended up in locating a lot of liquor bottles to "spice up" the cool drinks bought once within.
:D :D

Or is this practice illegal under US-laws. :confused:

Cheers.

P.S.: Been to a few places that were "slightly" rough when our GF's went to the toilets we stood outside the door to make sure they were ok.
Anybody that didn't bring a weapon could choose one at the door.
:D :D

rogue
03-09-2003, 08:00 PM
Just did some research and found this in regards to Virginias gun laws. (http://www.vcdl.org/new/HB1997.pdf) I can tell you that I've never been patted down at any of the "respectable" clubs or Country and Western bars I've been to, but I do know several clubs that have a mostly black clientel do use metal detectors. Heck I've been checked for weapons at Kings Dominion (a large amusement park) but never at the sleeziest bar.

Laughing Cow
03-09-2003, 08:09 PM
Rogue.

Thanks, looks like the practices vary between countries.

Still liked the face of one guy that asked me to to step outside, as we left the Disco I collected my Gun.
Funnily enough he no longer wanted to fight after that.
:D ;)

Serpent
03-09-2003, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by rogue
I've never been patted down at any of the "respectable" clubs or Country and Western bars I've been to

I don't know why, but the image of Rogue at a Country and Western bar strikes me as hilarious.

rogue
03-09-2003, 08:38 PM
Serpent you're right, it aint pretty. I'm very Nuuu Yawk, but somehow I've been accepted by some rednecks as an honorary good ol boy. When I first came down south I went to a bar where whenever one set of strippers got off work and the others came on they'd play Dixie, and everyone would stand and face the Stars and Bars. I figure if I made it past that everything else was cake.:D

Still liked the face of one guy that asked me to to step outside, as we left the Disco I collected my Gun. In some places here we have guys who keep at least one loaded hunting rifle or shotgun in the pickup truck at all times. Makes for a polite society.

Serpent
03-09-2003, 08:48 PM
Serpent you're right, it aint pretty. I'm very Nuuu Yawk, but somehow I've been accepted by some rednecks as an honorary good ol boy. When I first came down south I went to a bar where whenever one set of strippers got off work and the others came on they'd play Dixie, and everyone would stand and face the Stars and Bars. I figure if I made it past that everything else was cake.:D

Good grief! :eek:

rogue
03-09-2003, 09:12 PM
Oh yeah, they also had two giant size paintings of Robert E. Lee and Stonewall Jackson.

Wanna hear about what the strippers looked like? :D

Serpent
03-09-2003, 09:15 PM
Wanna hear about what the strippers looked like? :D

I would never have imagined answering a question like this in the negative, but, in this case:

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, NO!

PHILBERT
03-09-2003, 11:20 PM
I've never been patted down before when entering a night club. I showed my I.D. and said I was 19, they stamped my hand so I couldn't by alcohol (not that I'd try, honestly) but wasn't searched.

Fred Sanford
03-10-2003, 01:20 AM
as far as I know, It's not law that people get searched. a nightclub or bar is private property. If the owners want people searched or patted down for drugs/weapons that is their right. If you do not consent to be searched then they don't have to let you in.

Oso
03-10-2003, 04:18 AM
"respectable" clubs or Country and Western bars

those terms are mutually exclusive. Even if they don't refer to each other.

:)

In some places here we have guys who keep at least one loaded hunting rifle or shotgun in the pickup truck at all times. Makes for a polite society.

Amen.

shaolinboxer
03-10-2003, 09:02 AM
I live very close to this club...really it was designed to be a giant arcade...but for whatever reason it appeals to a "gangsta'd up" crowd (perhaps its the blaring agressive gansta rap they play there 24/7).

Most clubs in New York have very good security, but kids are smart about hiding their weapons (when I used to go to clubs, kids only hid drugs :p ). Cops are constantly standing right out in front of this place. It's a shame, really. There are so few arcades left...I'd hate to see this one go.

StarBoy
03-10-2003, 07:20 PM
Still liked the face of one guy that asked me to to step outside, as we left the Disco I collected my Gun.
Funnily enough he no longer wanted to fight after that.

heh heh...hahahaha....HAHAAHAHAHAH *ROTFL*

It's funny how being faced with grievous bodily harm can make someone reassess their priorities (and their egos).