PDA

View Full Version : Best Wing Chun Supplies in UK

stuartm
03-10-2003, 02:42 AM
Hi all,

There been a few questions here lately on WC supplies in UK. To my mind, the best WC supllies in the UK are from Pagoda. The website is www.woodendummies.co.uk

The dummys are solid hardwood, perfect angles and a beautiful finish. They are even supplied with an adjustable hardwood frame and all fixings - all for around £360 plus pp. Dont go spending you wedge on a piece of rubbish - go to pagoda.

Pagoda also sells proper Baat Cham Do of the style used bu Yip Chun - brass handeled with the black cord, and nicely weighted. There are also some ironwood poles on the way on the next two months.

Pagoda is run by Alan Foley who is really nice and extremely helpful.

Regards, Stuart

foolinthedeck
03-15-2003, 03:39 PM
hi stuart.
/@

what about wing chun poles, i got mine via Michael Tse in Manchester a few years ago, although i was at his class at the time.
Also, where can one get butterfly knife replicas - that is wooden, same weighting etc?
on the subject of Dummies: how about a few more dummies in church halls :>

stuartm
03-17-2003, 05:49 AM
Hi Foolinthedeck !

Another Welsh practitioner - we do exist !! Where do you train?? You are welcome to pop down to oneof my classes in Swansea if youre interested - email me at swanseavingtsun@yahoo.co.uk

Alan at Pagoda has the poles coming in a couple of months and are solid ironwood - cant wait.

As for knives - Pagoda do the wooden knives aswell. Havent seen em, but if theyre anything like the quality of the dummies they will be spot on!

By the way, one of my venues is a church hall, and with a dummy !! Why not pop down one evening - all are welcome !!

Best wishes, Stuart

foolinthedeck
03-17-2003, 03:42 PM
thanks stuart,
just so everyone knows, i've heard good things about stuart, and have seen the dummy and it looks great.

Dave Farmer
03-18-2003, 12:25 AM
Hi Stuart

I'll second that!

Pagoda dummies are the best quality I've seen, and the wooden Knives are excellent.

Hope the poles come up to scratch to, cos the rest I've seen in the UK market aren't much cop!

regards

Dave F.

stuartm
03-18-2003, 02:34 AM
Hi all ,

Thanks for the comments guys ! I spoke to Alan last weekend and he has also now got good quality three-section wall bags at a reasonable price too.

I have spoken to Alan many times and i know for a fact that he has researched for a whil ethe exact measurements and quality spec needed for the poled. which is why i gather theres been a slight delay.

Foolinthdeck - thanks for the comments. Where do you train though??

Dave - hows that website of yours coming on?? I have regiustered www.swanseavingtsun.com, and there should be something there in a month or so, maybe even some mpegs !!

Cheers all, Stu